Quinton Spain comments on release from the Bills

Process

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure what went on behind the scenes but Spain played an entire season in 2019 without giving up a sack. Got paid. Had 1 bad game at Miami early in 2020 and was benched. 

It was bad decision then, it is a bad decision now, and it will remain a bad decision. He may not have behaved well after the benching to force his release. But he was and would still be the best guard on the Bills.

Jason Peters 2.0

we're still a cheapskate team on OL

42 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Is he even playing well for the Bengals?

He's looked horrible the couple games I've seen them. No different than when he was here.

He's the classic front-runner until things get tough.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Spain has not proved that he is one of the best guards in the league. The Bengals have a poor oline. Spain is average.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. He is good. And he is better than the chaff we have fielded since.

I thought I put better. Best is a strong word. His pass blocking has been well above average this year. 

Meh. If you're bothered by competition being brought in, you're probably not the right type of dude for this team.

The number of players on the team whose starting jobs are guaranteed is pretty low. Most guys have to fight for their position year after year. Spain's level of play never reached the "locked in starter who doesn't need any competition" tier, in my opinion.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2

Quinton Spain exhibited a horrible attitude after getting paid by the Bills. His play dropped off past disappointing all the way to awful.  He was flat out lazy and terrible, and deserved to be cut. Good for him that he has turned it around I guess, but any comments he may have about how he was treated by the Bills should be ignored completely.  All his fault.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I think we should buckle down and get the rehashing of this topic up to at least thirty pages . It’s the least we can do during the off season, 👍

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, it was that guy from the jets Winters, who also sucked. He was signed right after Feliciano tore his pec and replaced Spain 

I'm not sure that's correct- wasn't Spain playing LG, and Ford RG the first two games?

And Ford wasn't really getting it done, so they decided to go with Ford and LG and Winters at RG and Spain lost his chair.

Also.... Quinton Spain is awful.  I had no idea he played for Cincinnati until the playoffs started.  When I heard his name I was like " well now it makes sense why that line sucks.".  The Bengals are in the Super Bowl despite him not because of.  

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Who is Spain referring to "bringing in a guy"?  Ford?

Spain is being a bit confusing.  I'm pretty sure Ford took his spot at LG, but they moved Ford over from RG and let the guy they brought in from the Jets, Winters, start.

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Agreed that he sounds like a whiner, but when you're a solid starter that gets benched for (undisclosed) reasons perhaps it's justified to whine about it. 

I'm curious what McBeane would say about the situation. Did they bench him because of his play? Attitude? Was he out of shape ?

He probably thinks it's justified, but it's one of those situations where a guy is arguably better off to keep his yap shut, because when you finger-point others 3 fingers pointing back at you.

The Bills OL is sitting on their sofas and he's starting in the Superbowl, 'nuff said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I think we should buckle down and get the rehashing of this topic up to at least thirty pages . It’s the least we can do during the off season, 👍

Go Bills!!!

No way----it needs a second and third thread!!

do it right!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.