Beach chairs are back! (Kromer hired as OL Coach)

MWK

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Which leads to…………..why????

Good question.  Looks like he's been out of football last year.

According to Kromer's wikipedia page, he was not retained as of February 2021. 

The guy the Rams hired, Kevin Carberry, worked with McVay when he was OC of the Team Formerly Known as Redskins.

He'd been working at Stanford as run game coordinator and OL coach.

So who knows what happened - either Kromer had some friction or they felt the line didn't meet expectations, or Carberry needed a job and McVay preferred him, or Kromer needed a year away for personal reasons would be three guesses.

Probably a dumb question, but does anyone believe this hire indicates an emphasis on more of a run oriented offense?

I remember him being highly regarded because of how well we ran the ball back then, but I don't want the Bills to become more focused on maulers who can't pass protect when your best asset is Allen. 

Admittedly I don't know much about Kromer's blocking scheme...

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good question.  Looks like he's been out of football last year.

According to Kromer's wikipedia page, he was not retained as of February 2021. 

The guy the Rams hired, Kevin Carberry, worked with McVay when he was OC of the Team Formerly Known as Redskins.

He'd been working at Stanford as run game coordinator and OL coach.

So who knows what happened - either Kromer had some friction or they felt the line didn't meet expectations, or Carberry needed a job and McVay preferred him, or Kromer needed a year away for personal reasons would be three guesses.

there is a link in this thread that says he didn’t want to fire his son so he bit the bullet and they mutually parted ways 

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

I see a lot of glee about Kromer’s hire because the Bills had a great run game when he was here last. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like a lot of that credit should probably go to Greg “best run coordinator in the league” Roman, who was the Bills OC at the time.

I’m not saying Kromer shouldn’t get ANY credit, but unless he’s bringing Roman’s highly creative, varied, unique, league leading run playbook with him, I’ll temper my expectations a little bit.

I would certainly hope no one is bringing Greg Roman’s playbook here.  Our QB is Josh Allen not Tyrod Taylor. (Or Lamar Jackson). We need to improve the effectiveness of our running game, but this should be a passing team with the elite QB talent we have.  

Kromer is is an excellent OL coach.  He can help improve the effectiveness of our running game by providing competent coaching to the OL and input to the OC.  I am pretty sure he knows how to teach pass blocking too.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.