Beach chairs are back! (Kromer hired as OL Coach)

MWK

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would be a little odd since his son is, in fact, not fired but still on the Rams coaching staff

https://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2021/03/02/los-angeles-rams-mutual-parting-with-aaron-kromer-didnt-start-out-that-way/

While a team spokesman characterized the breakup as “mutual,” my understanding is that it didn’t start out that way. The sense I got from team sources was that it was time to split the father-son dynamic on the staff (Kromer’s son, Zak, is an offensive assistant for the Rams) … The conversation that led to the mutual parting was described to me as “not contentious in any way

should have been a little clearer on what I said, they wanted to split the pair up, he thought it would be easier for him to get a job

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

We did have a pretty good run game when he was there. It's just more easy to remember the chair thing with him lol

I don't mind the hire and imo is better than who we had

Agreed on all.  However, totally different question and thought that does not matter to the signing.....

The Rams are in the Super Bowl and parting with him prior to the SB....is that weird?  Why is this happening prior to the SB and not after?  Just odd and seems like the Rams are not setting themselves up to win the SB, unnecessary drama.  How do these contracts work? 

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, Manther said:

Agreed on all.  However, totally different question and thought that does not matter to the signing.....

The Rams are in the Super Bowl and parting with him prior to the SB....is that weird?  Why is this happening prior to the SB and not after?  Just odd and seems like the Rams are not setting themselves up to win the SB, unnecessary drama.  How do these contracts work? 

He wasn't working this year I guess.

I think this is a big upgrade. Hoping they decide once and for all if they are going to run gap or zone blocking schemes. Previously they gave lip service to maulers but their biggest success in the run game and pass game was with more agile players that could move.  I get the sense Kromer will use the players to their best advantage. He’s been very successful as an O line coach and should help a 1st time O coordinator with his knowledge and planning in the run game. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

He was at a vacation rental on the beach a few years ago and one night there was a dispute over beach chairs and he dotted somebody in the face.

Turned out it was a young fella under 18.

And also threatened to kill the kid's family if he told anyone lol. 

Is it bad I kinda sympathize with Kromer and figure the punks probably deserved it  😛

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Man boobs that even Gregg Williams would be proud to sport. 

lol - I was going to say those moobs would look good on a Greggo Williams staff

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.