Beach chairs are back! (Kromer hired as OL Coach)

MWK

12 hours ago, MWK said:

Interesting hire! Seemed to know what he was doing, so I like this.

Good Hire. A solid OL coach and better than the names floated for this position coach over the weekend. So I am on board with the Beach Chair. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wasn't that during the time Gillislee was here and ripping off 40-50 yard runs once every week it seemed?

How did we let that guy get away?  He’s got to be getting fitted for his HOF jacket by now.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Process said:

Three slam dunk hires (Dorsey, Brady and Kromer).

Good job McBeane. 

Now if Frazier would just "resign" already...

I know we treat McD and Beane as one entity at times, but coaching hires are squarely in McD’s domain.  Sean is serious about making the Bills better and I’m already psyched about the offense for next season despite losing Daboll.

11 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

DADB4B74-586A-4083-80F2-9EF997AFF276.thumb.jpeg.5b8ee8164cbbfec7bf9037b44397f9f1.jpeg

We hardly knew ye!

Somebody get that man a bro!  Or a manssiere.  Something.  Good lord.

Edited by eball

20 minutes ago, eball said:

How did we let that guy get away?  He’s got to be getting fitted for his HOF jacket by now.

Dude was a perfect scheme fit but wasn't too good outside it. Also wasn't good in pass pro if I remember

this is good.   appears Bills O line is better at Gap run schemes (pulling with combo blocking specific guys) , which is exactly what Greg Roman was doing with Shady last time Kromer was here.   He will make our guys better at Gap blocking one would assume.   Good stuff.   Zone running schemes (sliding from block to block; handoffs)  in general requires instinctive O line and RBs, which we do not generally have.  Go Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Dude was a perfect scheme fit but wasn't too good outside it. Also wasn't good in pass pro if I remember

LOL.  Old joke as there were a few ninnies around here bemoaning letting Gillislie go, and then he proceeded to fall off the face of the earth.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

I know we treat McD and Beane as one entity at times, but coaching hires are squarely in McD’s domain.  Sean is serious about making the Bills better and I’m already psyched about the offense for next season despite losing Daboll.

Somebody get that man a bro!  Or a manssiere.  Something.  Good lord.

I'd be angry too if I had "man boobs" ;)

Throwing deck chairs angry ;)

Biggest thing i recall about Kromer, aside from his protective Oline instincts kicking in even on 40 dollar folding chairs, is we always got  into our blocks with a quickness.  talent is obviously the strongest requirement for football players, but having the technical work done individually and as a group so that they operate like one set of pistons off the snap goes a long way to disrupting the flow of the opponents D line.  That's gonna help us with all the unique runs our team can do because of number 17.

The other thing, and this made me insane the last couple of years, he might actually have guys ready to handle a stunt.  i remember throwing my hands up in disgust more times than i care to admit watching our OTs and IOL just totally flub really simple stunts which ended up blowing up drives (i think a big holding call vs jax came on one of those, which took us out of scoring range, which took us out of the #1 seed).

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, colin said:

The other thing, and this made me insane the last couple of years, he might actually have guys ready to handle a stunt.  i remember throwing my hands up in disgust more times than i care to admit watching our OTs and IOL just totally flub really simple stunts which ended up blowing up drives (i think a big holding call vs jax came on one of those, which took us out of scoring range, which took us out of the #1 seed).

Allen's ability to escape disaster hid this from a lot of fans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, mbs said:

The O-Line with Kromer was excellent and basically the same talent the next year with Castillo was terrible. Yeah Roman vs. Dennison, but it was just jump of of the screen obvious that the line was specifically a problem. So glad to get this guy back.

Right, Kromer had the line road grading, then Castillo came in with his sliding zone blocking scheme and well... 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.