Ok time to get rid of Mongo

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

It's been about 15 years since I lived I'm buffalo. My favorite pizza in western NY was always Pontillos. I don't recall ever having bad or amazing pizza living in Buffalo.

Rochester I know for a fact has amazing pizza.

So I'm gonna say he's bitter cause he's about to be sliced.

Actually now I remember getting slices on Elmwood when I was at buff state.

And it was good.

Ya he's crazy.

Now here in Raleigh, there's no good pizza imo

Raleigh def is wanting for good pizza. There was one place that I used to actually really like, something with a “moon” in the name, right down town. Raleigh seems to have a love affair with wood fired pizza and I’m more of a NY style floppy pizza fan. So yeah, not my cup of tea either. 

Now, when I was living in Troy NY for a year, there was a pizza place that was absolutely amazing. It was down on the strip near all the bars, it was “I love NY pizza” or something but not the chain in the area, it was a stand alone. Had the most amazing Buffalo chicken pizza! Yes, blue cheese on it! 

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion.  As someone who gets around a lot, I think the food scene in Buffalo is lacking.  LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NY, etc are all much better foodie cities. 

And - some of you will hate me for saying this - I've eaten a lot of wings in other cities that I rate better than the best at Duff's or Bar Bill.   

Yet I think the pizza options in Buffalo are strong.  

And, with all due respect to Mongo, I'm not the only one who notices this.  A writer and pizza connoisseur named Arthur Bovino thinks Buffalo has the best pizza in America:

www.newyorkupstate.com/life-and-culture/erry-2018/08/e68b5f3f671116/buffalo-americas-pizza-capital.html#:~:text=On%20a%20ranking%20of%20the%20101%20best%20pizza,Bocce%20Club%20Pizza%20came%20in%20at%20No.%2074.

And according to Travel & Leisure Magazine, Buffalo has the 3rd best pizza in America:

www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-places-spotlight/best-cities-for-pizza?slide=c6a7a4db-3061-4b05-99d4-f6f1669adc13#c6a7a4db-3061-4b05-99d4-f6f1669adc13

And Smart Asset has Buffalo as #2:

smartasset.com/credit-cards/the-best-cities-for-pizza-lovers-2017-edition

Pizza Hut isn't in the same universe as the best pizzerias in Buffalo.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have nostalgia for the Buffalo pie - doughy and slathered in tomato paste instead of sauce, with thick ‘roni cups and three times the amount of cheese that it should carry… nostalgia but not love.  

But still, there are true Pizza Deserts in this country like California.  Try getting a decent slice in San Francisco if you think Buffalo pizza is bad.

Give me a thin crust slice with Cheese and grease dripping and I'm a happy camper. 

Here's a question, where in WNY can you get the best NY style or thin crust pizza? I recently discovered LA Nova NY style which is pretty good. Not their regular pizza, NY style. Typically I'm a wing guy always. Don't do too much pizza. But for me I love the crust to be thin.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Give me a thin crust slice with Cheese and grease dripping and I'm a happy camper. 

Here's a question, where in WNY can you get the best NY style or thin crust pizza? I recently discovered LA Nova NY style which is pretty good. Not their regular pizza, NY style. Typically I'm a wing guy always. Don't do too much pizza. But for me I love the crust to be thin.

Buzzy's Niagara Falls 

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree with him.  Buffalo has great food but the pizza sucks and you guys use blue cheese on wings….unacceptable.

Bocce Club.  End story.   

In other news Pizza Hut isnt food its a laxative.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You guys need to get better palates @everyone. 

Says the guy with a McDonalds user name.  Cmon man!

I find the out of towners that complain about Buffalo pizza typically prefer cardboard with a little sauce smeared around and dusted with cheese.

I'd say were somewhere between Chicago deep dish pies and NYC cardboard. Just the way I like it. I like Bocce, but there's really no shortage of Buffalo Pies I like.

Contrast that with NY pizza that looks like it could be placed under your tires in snow or mud to get some extra traction.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I bet he dips it in ranch ;)

BTW aren't they "The Official Pizza Sponsor" of the NFL?

Might be a league requirement to have one in all 32 cities ;) 

And it’s phenomenal. Store bought will do but I usually stop into the local bar and pick it up because their recipe is lights out. Sometimes i feel like the people that rip on ranch have only ever had store bought.

… I’ve never seen a whole area be so snobby about one measly condiment. But then again I’ve stuck up for mahomes and his ketchup on steaks. Because like I said upstream….. food snobs suck. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

It's been about 15 years since I lived I'm buffalo. My favorite pizza in western NY was always Pontillos. I don't recall ever having bad or amazing pizza living in Buffalo.

Now here in Raleigh, there's no good pizza imo

It's been much longer for me since I left the Buffalo area. I was on a quest to find a decent pizza and decent wings in the Raleigh area for a awhile and finally gave up. I am resigned to average at best pizza and when I want wings I make my own. They finally opened a Wegmans near me and, I confess, I have picked up some wings there in a pinch...

9 hours ago, stevewin said:

Fun story about pizza in Raleigh.  About 20 years ago I passed by a place that just opened in Cary called "Buffalo Joe's".  Intrigued, I went in and talked up the guy working there.  Turns out his father was a retired dentist from Cheektowaga who moved down and opened the place, and he was running it.  He said they got their dough recipie from Casillo's in Lancaster (had my share of Casillos growing up).  The pizza was genuine Buffalo.  Good wings too.  After a bit I could tell though that business wasn't going great - despite my efforts to single-handedly keep the place in business, they eventually shut down.  I miss Buffalo Joe's :( 

I was down in the Wilmington, NC, area for a number of years and this little NY style pizza place opened (can't remember the name) and the same thing happened. They had come down from Rochester, the pizza was really good, and I would stop by for a slice at luch a couple of times a week. Apparently the people in the area just preferred s****y pizza as it didn't do well enough to remain open.

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Try Tony’s pizza one the best around raleigh

My wife and I saw a Tony's Pizza over off Glenwood Ave while we were trying to find another place. Is that the one you are talking about? 

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Raleigh def is wanting for good pizza. There was one place that I used to actually really like, something with a “moon” in the name, right down town. Raleigh seems to have a love affair with wood fired pizza and I’m more of a NY style floppy pizza fan. So yeah, not my cup of tea either. 

I think that was Moonlight Pizza on Morgan?

Edited by billsfan1959

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree with him.  Buffalo has great food but the pizza sucks and you guys use blue cheese on wings….unacceptable.

But at least we put socks on our kids feet in inclimate weather!

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion.  As someone who gets around a lot, I think the food scene in Buffalo is lacking.  LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NY, etc are all much better foodie cities. 

And - some of you will hate me for saying this - I've eaten a lot of wings in other cities that I rate better than the best at Duff's or Bar Bill.   

Yet I think the pizza options in Buffalo are strong.  

And, with all due respect to Mongo, I'm not the only one who notices this.  A writer and pizza connoisseur named Arthur Bovino thinks Buffalo has the best pizza in America:

www.newyorkupstate.com/life-and-culture/erry-2018/08/e68b5f3f671116/buffalo-americas-pizza-capital.html#:~:text=On%20a%20ranking%20of%20the%20101%20best%20pizza,Bocce%20Club%20Pizza%20came%20in%20at%20No.%2074.

And according to Travel & Leisure Magazine, Buffalo has the 3rd best pizza in America:

www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-places-spotlight/best-cities-for-pizza?slide=c6a7a4db-3061-4b05-99d4-f6f1669adc13#c6a7a4db-3061-4b05-99d4-f6f1669adc13

And Smart Asset has Buffalo as #2:

smartasset.com/credit-cards/the-best-cities-for-pizza-lovers-2017-edition

Pizza Hut isn't in the same universe as the best pizzerias in Buffalo.  

That’s a bold take

mongo go eat a burrito and stfu....I was thinking this has got to be a punk job...No sarcasm emoji??  Oh My Goodness........

hey just for the record I LOVE burritos that wasn't a dis against those just HIS having no business even showing his face in any reputable pizza places (which are Many) in  WNY again.......lol

HEY MONGO You'll love this place.....LITTLE CAESARS Pizza Pizza!~!~!!!!

@-@