Jags hiring Doug Pederson

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Pedersen only deserves credit for having Reich on his staff.   And then you can stop there. Pedersen showed himself to be an arrogant dumbass in the time following Reich’s departure, ending fantastically in Philadelphia. I think this is a terrible hire by the Jags tbh, and it’s too bad for Lawrence. 

+1.    Those who think Peterson will magically develop Lawrence should think carefully about what happened in Philly after Reich left as OC.  The QB room became a mess . Philly is now badly in need of a QB as they traded away a regressing Wentz and tried to go with Jalen Hurts who isn’t a starting level QB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

+1.    Those who think Peterson will magically develop Lawrence should think carefully about what happened in Philly after Reich left as OC.  The QB room became a mess . Philly is now badly in need of a QB as they traded away a regressing Wentz and tried to go with Jalen Hurts who isn’t a starting level QB

This makes me smile knowing we finally have a franchise QB. And the kid is an awesome person too. 

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Why?  Before Wentz got hurt in 2017 he was likely league MVP.  Iggles won SB that year.  Pederson's offense takes pressure off the QB.  

I get that taking pressure off can initially help young QBs but they didn’t draft this generational  “phenom” #1 overall to hide him. He should be the biggest part of the offense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.