Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Which instantly elevated their stature and dozens of others in just the last few weeks.  

The system is working and Flores is a exactly what I called him last year after week 17 - a loser.

25 of the 65 coordinator coming in to 2021 were minority coaches.  Up from 17.  I'm not sure if that's the correct number but it's not bad at all.  

I'm not buying the Ross allegations.  If that's what happened that's all Flores had to allege and he'd still have a career - but he didn't at the time.  He did it when he was fired.  

Well I don’t know if Flores’ claims have any merit or to what extent he has evidence for any of them, beyond the BB texts. But hard for me to agree the system is working when there’s 1 current black head coach out of 32.

2 minutes ago, cd1 said:

We can play that game if you like. 

52D47D14-11C3-47AF-B1D9-1DA8A987B107.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Interesting fact: The Dolphins GM is Chris Grier. Chris is the brother of former Sabre Mike Grier.

Aka Token :)

it will be interesting to see what discovery comes out looking into coaching hire emails over the last 10 years.

Flores shoukd yet have been fired based on team record.  If he was fired whrn Miami was 1-7 he might not have filed this.  

Billy Belichick is absolutely getting deposed & called to testify. Be interesting to see if he confirms that he knew Daboll had the job early as the texts suggest, or if he takes one for the NFL & says he was just "speculating" (in which case the suit falls apart). Belichick is in an uncomfortable spot.

Wonder if Dolphins get in trouble w/ the league. & Schoen is definitely off to a rocky start.

While I get the suit & why Flores brought it, I don't get why he threw in the bit about Daboll not getting along w/ McD. Seems unnecessary for the suit & just a mean spirited attempt to attack Daboll, who frankly isn't at fault for what Giants management may have done (he was just the other guy trying to get the job). Kind of ***** deal for Daboll who now starts under a cloud of controversy w/ a question about the legitimacy of his hire.

This whole thing will be messy for the NFL, wonder if it will translate into any real change.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

This is why the Rooney Rule is a joke. It was pretty obvious once Bills assistant GM went to Giants that Daboll would be the favorite - "local" guy with family in the area and already a highly thought of HC candidate across the league it just made sense. But if Giants dont interview a black candidate they get penalized,

You are getting confused............Flores is the local NYC guy not Daboll..........Flores is from Brooklyn.   Buffalo is like 380 miles from the Meadowlands.   Pittsburgh is closer.

And Flores has had back to back winning seasons as an NFL HC.........just finished last season 8-1 over the last 9.    Daboll has been fired 3x as an NFL OC and never been a HC at any level.

On paper.........it's no contest who is the more "deserving candidate".

It simply comes down to the GM hiring who he's most comfortable with.     Which is reality and everyone knows that this is usually how it works,  regardless of race.   But when some f*cking HC on another team,  who is also white,  knows who the HC of the Giants is going to be before they've even had interviews that is a really, really bad look...........even if it ultimately is just a longtime friend in Mara consulting with Belichick.    It just looks like:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A legitimate question but the Broncos and Giants both are looking to develop young QB’s. Perhaps they both were considering Flores and how he messed up the development of Tua?  

Just a possibility. I’m not denying that racism is involved. I actually think him being fired by the Dolphins is more of a problem than not getting hired by the other teams because he had done a pretty decent job with what he had there. 

Also not saying I agree with Dolphins ownership about tanking but if that was true they are the owners. If he as a coach is an employee and didn’t do as told or asked wouldn’t that be grounds for dismissal?  Again not saying I agree. Really the Dolphins situation to me seems more messed up. 

Also the Rooney rule is going to be flawed yes. There have been several good coaches to come out of it though. Marvin Lewis did a great job with the Bengals but couldn’t get over the hurdle. Dungey was a great coach. 

I think the rule is necessary and good things do come from it. Unfortunately it just comes at a slower pace than many want. But the reality of change is it never happens as fast as we want it to. I think Bienemy would be having his name talked about more. 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Well I don’t know if Flores’ claims have any merit or to what extent he has evidence for any of them, beyond the BB texts. But hard for me to agree the system is working when there’s 1 current black head coach out of 32.

We can play that game if you like. 

52D47D14-11C3-47AF-B1D9-1DA8A987B107.jpeg

And 1 Hispanic. And 1 Lebanese. Not that 3 of 32 is dramatically better...but minority means more than just black.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

5 of the 32 coming in to 2021.  

I don't know what the number should be.  

Schoen and Daboll got well deserved jobs.  They were likely always going to be a package deal.  Now they get to enter their jobs under these allegations.  So happy for them.  

As to the other new hires I can't speak to them but were they similar situations?  I have no idea.  Maybe no one stood out this year and next year 7 do.  I don't know.  

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are getting confused............Flores is the local NYC guy not Daboll..........Flores is from Brooklyn.   Buffalo is like 380 miles from the Meadowlands.   Pittsburgh is closer.

And Flores has had back to back winning seasons as an NFL HC.........just finished last season 8-1 over the last 9.    Daboll has been fired 3x as an NFL OC and never been a HC at any level.

On paper.........it's no contest who is the more "deserving candidate".

It simply comes down to the GM hiring who he's most comfortable with.     Which is reality and everyone knows that this is usually how it works,  regardless of race.   But when some f*cking HC on another team,  who is also white,  knows who the HC of the Giants is going to be before they've even had interviews that is a really, really bad look...........even if it ultimately is just a longtime friend in Mara consulting with Belichick.    It just looks like:

Head to head as candidates...the offense run by Daboll frequently B smacked Flores's defenses. Not everything is cut and dry.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

5 of the 32 coming in to 2021.  

I don't know what the number should be.  

Schoen and Daboll got well deserved jobs.  They were likely always going to be a package deal.  Now they get to enter their jobs under these allegations.  So happy for them.  

As to the other new hires I can't speak to them but were they similar situations?  I have no idea.  Maybe no one stood out this year and next year 7 do.  I don't know.  

Well 58% of the players in the league are black, so if we’re trying to figure out a number that might be a good place to start. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.