Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep, no guarantee that Flores would be the better coach for the job.

But he was more qualified.

And for that he at least deserved a legitimate chance if he was being interviewed.

Sham-interviewing him after what had happened in Miami was ugly.

If you are going to just hire your guy either way..........interview some people who know they are just getting Rooney Rule looks.........not the more proven, local guy.

There were plenty of excuses to hire Daboll without doing that.

More qualified based on his 24-25 record and inability to develop a competitive offense? In a league being dominated by offensive play. A coach who agreed with the front office that Tua was a better option than Herbert. Who was given a chance by the Dolphins owner and black GM Grier. 

The Giants have stated he was in serious consideration. They chose instead an OC that was highly sought after. Who built an offensive and developed a QB who crushed the more qualified Flores. More proven ?

Leftwich has demanded he bring in his own GM with the Jags. His colleague who happens to be black. Smart move but similar to JS & BD they have a great relationship. Isn’t that just smart all around. No matter ethnicity? 

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It's very very rare for an HC to get fired from his current job and immediately walk into another HC job.

Even BB had to wait 5 years in-between Cleveland and NE. Caroll had to go to USC. Harbaugh went to Michigan.

Andy Reid did. But Andy went to the playoff 9 times, went to the Superbowl, 4 straight conference championships. etc.

Flores couldn't hold a candle to Andy Reid.

Adam Gase did most recently unless I'm forgetting someone. Gase can't hold a candle to Flores.🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

While it does kind of seem like the guy has been getting ***** over here lately, I don't know if he can really prove discrimination with the Giants hiring Daboll, the guy was one of the hottest picks to get HC job the last two years.

Because they picked him before they even gave Flores a chance

54 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

IF the text from BB was 3 days before Flores was to interview, at best it was a violation of the Rooney rule.. I am more concerned with the allegations he levied against the Dolphins Owner.

I’m not sure BB sending a text message violates anything...People can feel any way they wanna feel about that disclosure...But the Rooney Rule only requires that a team interviews two minority candidates...The Giants met that obligation, regardless of when they settled on their final decision...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Gracefully? Only a moron owner like Ross would fire a HC that had the team going in the right direction.  Mind you I’m glad I want Miami to join the Jets in futility and just be my Pats and the Bills fighting for the division.. but Flores was hosed and everyone knew it.

I have a feeling Ross and the Dolphins brain trust really think Tua is the answer at QB. Flores and most people who know football know he is not.

It was pretty clear Flores was not all aboard the Tua train.

Winning in the division is also key. I know Flores bedeviled the Pats (I'll miss that) but he was awful against the Bills (I'll miss that too). Haven't looked up Dolphins v Jets

So if I am an owner and think you can't beat the lead team in the division, can't coach up all the high draft picks my GM keeps drafting, and screwed up developing my QB then yeah, I would make a change. Sounds a lot like the Owner and GM are in cahoots and the coach was not on board, even though I agree with Flores.

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can you name 1 HC who was ever fired after having back to back winning seasons? I know the Lions fired a coach after 1 winning season and replaced him with Patricia.. (dumbest move ever.. and to Flores point a black coach who never got another chance )

Bro they started out the season 1-7 and he basically treated their young QB and top 5 pick like *****.  They also were woeful in their do-or-die games. The legend of Brian Flores continues to grow.

AFAIK, Flores isn't claiming he was fired because of racism anyway, so who cares?

9 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

That is what is perplexing. He would have been a hot DC commodity with all these staff changes

He's mad he didn't get the job he wanted. Vance Joseph went back to coaching defenses. Gary Kubiak went back to OC. McDaniels crawled back to OC and didn't get another chance at HC for 10 years.

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

More qualified based on his 24-25 record and inability to develop a competitive offense? In a league being dominated by offensive play. A coach who agreed with the front office that Tua was a better option than Herbert. Who was given a chance by the Dolphins owner and black GM Grier. 

Yes, Flores is more qualified for head coach.  He's had decent success as a head coach relative to his team's talent level.  Daboll has no head coaching experience, and the coordinator skillset is different from the head coach skillset.  Additionally, even Daboll's coordinator resume is a mixed bag, as he's been fired a few times from offensive coordinator after producing lowly-ranked offenses before finally landing in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

To be clear, I do think Daboll is a good coordinator and I would've given him the head coaching job after 13 seconds happened to McDermott.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It simply comes down to the GM hiring who he's most comfortable with.     Which is reality and everyone knows that this is usually how it works,  regardless of race.   But when some f*cking HC on another team,  who is also white,  knows who the HC of the Giants is going to be before they've even had interviews that is a really, really bad look...........even if it ultimately is just a longtime friend in Mara consulting with Belichick.

If Belichick actually heard from Mara himself that they intended to offer the job to Daboll before they interviewed Flores, that's a horrible look

If Mara called Belichick and said "we interviewed Daboll today and we think he might be our guy, what can you tell us about his (something something)?" and Belichick is over-enthusiastic in how he interprets that and runs off to congratulate Daboll (but gets lost in the electrons along the way), 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Gracefully? Only a moron owner like Ross would fire a HC that had the team going in the right direction.  Mind you I’m glad I want Miami to join the Jets in futility and just be my Pats and the Bills fighting for the division.. but Flores was hosed and everyone knew it.

That’s all true except he could not get along with his GM. Or keep offensive coordinators or develop his QB of choice Tua. D Culley got screwed, Flores not so much. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wah wah, my boss didn't like me because i didn't do what i was told. Guess what , thats jobs everywhere, you piss off the boss and you want be around long.

What if your boss asked you to cheat or steal?

4 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I have a feeling Ross and the Dolphins brain trust really think Tua is the answer at QB. Flores and most people who know football know he is not.

It was pretty clear Flores was not all aboard the Tua train.

Winning in the division is also key. I know Flores bedeviled the Pats (I'll miss that) but he was awful against the Bills (I'll miss that too). Haven't looked up Dolphins v Jets

So if I am an owner and think you can't beat the lead team in the division, can't coach up all the high draft picks my GM keeps drafting, and screwed up developing my QB then yeah, I would make a change. Sounds a lot like the Owner and GM are in cahoots and the coach was not on board, even though I agree with Flores.

It has been documented that Flores agreed to Tua over Herbert. Then soured on him because he’s not very good and prefers golfing on days he could be working on his game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.