Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Winning in the division is also key. I know Flores bedeviled the Pats (I'll miss that) but he was awful against the Bills (I'll miss that too). Haven't looked up Dolphins v Jets

Flores won 5 out of 6 last 3 years.  So he owns 2 out of 3 teams in the division.  They gave us a decent fight in the 2nd meeting this year.

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Because they picked him before they even gave Flores a chance

Actually according to Flores's suit...BB congratulationed Daboll's win before Flores had a SECOND interview. Means he alread would have had to have a 1st interview ..correct? Possible after the 1st interview the Giants weren't all too impressed and knew Daboll was the guy. Would mean he had a chance IMO

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting response from the board.  Flores has a lot of guts to call out the hypocrisy of the Rooney Rule, but most here are like "He's done", "Going scorched earth", "Doesn't pass the smell test", etc.  Good for Brian Flores, I wish him all the best.  It's hard to fight the NFL, and even when you win, you lose because people want their football (see USFL v. NFL).  For Bills fans, this is good because Miami is clearly a dumpster fire, and follows after its owner, who looks like a real POS.  Miami is going to be a mess for years if they continue to be run by Stephen Ross.  So we've got that going for us, which is nice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

from the competitor , no problem, thats business. Flores was with Bellycheck he knows all about cheating, he just didn't want to lose games even though it would have benefited the team.

Yeah because it's not like you'll suddenly get fired after 1 year of being a Coach like David Culley or anything with only that 1 year of being ***** terrible on your HC resume.

5 minutes ago, harryS said:

Yes, Flores is more qualified for head coach.  He's had decent success as a head coach relative to his team's talent level.  Daboll has no head coaching experience, and the coordinator skillset is different from the head coach skillset.  Additionally, even Daboll's coordinator resume is a mixed bag, as he's been fired a few times from offensive coordinator after producing lowly-ranked offenses before finally landing in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

To be clear, I do think Daboll is a good coordinator and I would've given him the head coaching job after 13 seconds happened to McDermott.

I agree on your McDermott point but will agree to respectfully disagree on Flores. I think his lack of people skills was exposed and he would have gained a great perspective as DC for a bit and then back to HC. Like JM getting the Raiders gig. A little more time to become a better leader the next time. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Actually according to Flores's suit...BB congratulationed Daboll's win before Flores had a SECOND interview. Means he alread would have had to have a 1st interview ..correct? Possible after the 1st interview the Giants weren't all too impressed and knew Daboll was the guy. Would mean he had a chance IMO

Still… and I don’t know how this operates normally… but is it normal to hire someone while they are still in the interviewing process? We know they interviewed Dabs and Frazier, they need 2 for RR I believe. Definitely smells like BS and glad Flores is sticking it to the NFL.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So they set up a 2nd interview with a guy they weren’t impressed with after the first interview? Makes perfect sense.

28 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You finished 8-1 and missed the playoffs by a game.. and the season at 9-8.  Again I can’t think of 1 coach fired after 3 winning seasons.

Jerry Glanville Houston Oilers 1987-1989 went 28-19 and made playoffs each year. 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Belichik ain’t congratulating Daboll unless he got the job.  That’s a pretty damning text in regards to a sham interview.  

I mean, we all know it’s a sham.  

If Belichick said he’s leaving New England and wants to go to the Giants as HC.  We really thinking they’re interviewing people like Flores in good faith?  It’s all performative.. They wanted Daboll, from at least when Schoen was hired.  Guess they should’ve hidden it better?

15 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That’s what people can’t seem to figure out… Flores doesn’t deserve to be bashed, I hope this brings REAL change.

What is that REAL change?

Forced minority hires?  I mean, what else can they do but mandate teams interview minority candidates.   Giants wanted Daboll, should they hire someone else because Daboll’s white?

If it makes you feel better, that happens quite a bit in corporate America. 

(Fwiw, I don’t think Flores should’ve been fired in the first place, but I can’t really get on board with all this outrage)

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

It makes sense why the Giants wanted Daboll. They think they are getting the guy that developed Josh Allen (even though we all know a lot has gone into that). They want to see if Jones has anything, and if not, have a guy who can develop their next QB.

Flores botched Tua. Swapping Fitzpatrick and Tua in and out in 2020 was a mess, and people called it then.

If I am a team trying to solve the QB situation to complete, then it's Daboll all the way.

To Flores point, no one wants to be a token candidate and I understand his anger with the Giants in that regard.

The Miami and Denver stuff is pretty mind blowing if true.

The swipe at Buffalo (McDermott and Daboll not getting along) was petty and unnecessary.

There are a lot of staffs that need DCs and he is one of the best. Going nuclear isn't going to help.

I guess if all the above is true, it was just too much to handle.

How did Flores botch Tua any worse than McDermott botched Allen??? Allen could not have been in a worse situation his first two years. 

I agree he should have kept playing Fitz while they had a shot at the playoffs. Probably lost a fair amount of the locker room. But these guys are pros and everyone of them knows young QBs are going to struggle at times.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I mean, we all know it’s a sham.  

If Belichick said he’s leaving New England and wants to go to the Giants as HC.  We really thinking they’re interviewing people like Flores in good faith?  It’s all performative.. They wanted Daboll, from at least when Schoen was hired.  Guess they should’ve hidden it better?

I think it means the Rooney Rule does more harm than good at this point.  I don’t really like Flores, but good for him for calling out the BS and going after these billionaire owners who think they can do whatever they want.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

So they set up a 2nd interview with a guy they weren’t impressed with after the first interview? Makes perfect sense.

You always have a BATNA (Best Alternative to No Agreement)  This is true for all situations in life.  What if Daboll turned the job down or they had a snag in contract negotiations?

Edited by realtruelove

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

It sounds like it’s not just a card in this instance.

The Giants interviewed him 3 days after already deciding on Daboll.

That is a complete sham.

It was a complete sham and that's a clear violation of the rule. There is no obligation that they hire a minority, just don't already hire someone and then conduct an interview that obviously was just an appearance to follow the rule. You also have to wonder why they picked Daboll, who has never been a head coach and has been the object of ridicule among many posters here without giving Flores, who made Miami respectable despite a POS owner a moment's thought. 

41 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Cause starting a season 0 and 7 and losing out of the playoffs last year is all unicorns and rainbows?

The miami roster in 2019 was without question the worst in the league with regard to talent. Pretending otherwise is just bias. The fact that he went 5-11 with a 1-15 team (talent-wise) and was competitive the entire second half of the season was good coaching, and everyone in the NFL knew it. Re: your line above, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

5 minutes ago, harryS said:

What if your boss asked you to cheat or steal?

Maybe he should have reported that to HR and the league if Ross allegedly did what he was claiming at the time it happened. There is a reason why companies have ethics training. Seems like he is trying to settle some scores and pass it off as him taking a stand for the betterment of everyone else. 

Will see what comes from this. Maybe he is paid to settle out of court. However, I have hard time seeing any organization wanting to deal with him in the future.

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Maybe he should have reported that to HR and the league if Ross allegedly did what he was claiming at the time it happened. There is a reason why companies have ethics training. Seems like he is trying to settle some scores and pass it off as him taking a stand for the betterment of everyone else. 

Will see what comes from this. Maybe he is paid to settle out of court. However, I have hard time seeing any organization wanting to deal with him in the future.

Maybe he was concerned with the players on the team he was coaching and all of the assistants he hired and asked to move their families to Miami. Life is complicated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.