Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

In my opinion frazier hasn't been hired because of his personality. Its too quiet too relaxed too calm for a lot of peoples stereotypical coach. Kind of similar to people questioning mike McDaniel being a legit head coach 

I personally think its stupid

Maybe age too? Frazier will be 63 in April. I did think he would get more of a look this off season.

Just read the NFL story and a bunch of Tweets/ Social Media. Wow Flores went full nuclear.

1 minute ago, harryS said:

We can all agree that the 58% doesn't mean there is pro-black racism or anti-white racism in hiring NFL players, right?  There are probably advantages -- whether genetic or cultural or both -- for blacks to be better athletes.  For that matter, asians are very underrepresented in the NFL.  Again, we are mature enough to understand that there are probably genetic or cultural reasons for the lack of asian players, not incredible anti-asian racism.

You can figure out where I'm going with this.

Thanks yes I know where you’re going with that so you can stop now.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are getting confused............Flores is the local NYC guy not Daboll..........Flores is from Brooklyn.   Buffalo is like 380 miles from the Meadowlands.   Pittsburgh is closer.

And Flores has had back to back winning seasons as an NFL HC.........just finished last season 8-1 over the last 9.    Daboll has been fired 3x as an NFL OC and never been a HC at any level.

On paper.........it's no contest who is the more "deserving candidate".

It simply comes down to the GM hiring who he's most comfortable with.     Which is reality and everyone knows that this is usually how it works,  regardless of race.   But when some f*cking HC on another team,  who is also white,  knows who the HC of the Giants is going to be before they've even had interviews that is a really, really bad look...........even if it ultimately is just a longtime friend in Mara consulting with Belichick.    It just looks like:

I just want to make it clear I never said Daboll was more qualified than Flores. Hell as sucky as it is this situation, I’m selfishly glad he’s out of Miami he had me worried they were going to be a powerhouse soon. 

im saying like you mentioned before hand. Daboll was a hot candidate (so it’s not some random head scratcher) I’d still call decently local compared to others…. But most importantly once the bills assistant GM was hired, at least in my opinion it was pretty clear Daboll would be going there too…

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

I just want to make it clear I never said Daboll was more qualified than Flores. Hell as sucky as it is this situation, I’m selfishly glad he’s out of Miami he had me worried they were going to be a powerhouse soon. 

im saying like you mentioned before hand. Daboll was a hot candidate (so it’s not some random head scratcher) I’d still call decently local compared to others…. But most importantly once the bills assistant GM was hired, at least in my opinion it was pretty clear Daboll would be going there too…

IF the text from BB was 3 days before Flores was to interview, at best it was a violation of the Rooney rule.. I am more concerned with the allegations he levied against the Dolphins Owner.

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Maybe he wasn't prepared to end his career before this.  If he resigned after one season of his first HC job, do you think he gets another chance?

Who knows?  He says he was asked to do unsavory things as coach, yet he never mentioned them or quit over them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who knows?  He says he was asked to do unsavory things as coach, yet he never mentioned them or quit over them.

If he quit the Owner probably would have made sure he never got another NFL job, as it appears now it seems he did that after firing him anyways.  He was the best HC candidate out there and yet hardly a sniff.. it does smell rather off..

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

IF the text from BB was 3 days before Flores was to interview, at best it was a violation of the Rooney rule.. I am more concerned with the allegations he levied against the Dolphins Owner.

His word against Ross - no way Ross went to Fitz and asked him to tank games. 

1 minute ago, hemma said:

He’s pissed and I don’t blame him, but he might be making it worse on himself near - and long term.

Am I the only one thinks maybe BB told him more and maybe stated he bring him back as a coordinator. (I’m sure BB wouldn’t mind seeing the shield being tarnished)

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I tend to agree with this take.

Both my wife and I have been “sham” interviewees in the past. It sucks to go through the prep for a job you have 0% chance of landing, but it’s how life works.

Throwing games intentionally though is huge if it’s actually true. It’d get the owner kicked out of the league and if anyone had knowledge of this and placed a bet… it’d be the NFL’s version of the Black Sox. This is the much bigger news imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

It makes sense why the Giants wanted Daboll. They think they are getting the guy that developed Josh Allen (even though we all know a lot has gone into that). They want to see if Jones has anything, and if not, have a guy who can develop their next QB.

Flores botched Tua. Swapping Fitzpatrick and Tua in and out in 2020 was a mess, and people called it then.

If I am a team trying to solve the QB situation to complete, then it's Daboll all the way.

To Flores point, no one wants to be a token candidate and I understand his anger with the Giants in that regard.

The Miami and Denver stuff is pretty mind blowing if true.

The swipe at Buffalo (McDermott and Daboll not getting along) was petty and unnecessary.

There are a lot of staffs that need DCs and he is one of the best. Going nuclear isn't going to help.

I guess if all the above is true, it was just too much to handle.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Checked the Dolphins board, a lot of them are annoyed at Florez for not tanking.

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he obviously ignored those requests. I'm sure it's a difficult situation for a first year HC. Let's not get confused over who the bad guy in this is. It's the guy offering money to lose, not the guy that refused to go along with it

Edited by klos63

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.