Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn't know Dorsey was promoted to passing game Coordinator last year.

I think it was done to prepare him for Daboll leaving and he was always the succession plan. They thought Daboll would be hired last year and Dorsey I believe interviewed with other teams (lions?)for OC. When daboll returned, had to give Dorsey more responsibility and I’m sure a raise because he probably thought he would be OC last year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Care to summarize?

Loves Dorse, he's a smart guy.  Knew that is was going to happen.  Talked up Daboll.  Has a lot of faith in Dorsey also because he's been in the room with Daboll and on the sideline with the players.

Edited by The Wiz

I commented in the ShoutBox yesterday but not yet in this thread. I think this is a good decision by the Bills. When you have an elite franchise Quarterback like Josh Allen you do two things:

1. You retain as much system familiarity year to year as possible. Doesn't mean you don't tweak things here and there but you keep the scheme broadly consistent, the verbiage consistent, the concepts consistent. You therefore get to spend camp executing the offense not learning the offense.

2. You hire offensive coordinators that he wants to work with. Josh could not have been more clear in his presser that he wanted Ken Dorsey to get the job if Daboll moved on. 

None of the above means that I am telling you Ken Dorsey will be a great or even good coordinator. That remains to be seen. But I think it pretty much reduces to near zero the chance that the offense takes a major step back. Which when you change a lot up is always a risk.

Now we need a shortlist of guys for QB coach:

1. Shea Tierney (unless Daboll takes him to NYG);

2. Joe Brady (the rumour is he interviewed for QBs and passing game coordinator in Chicago);

3. Sean Ryan (current QB coach in Carolina but history in the E-P with the Giants and Texans);

4. Tee Martin (speculating based on them speaking to him but might be an option);

5. Ronald Curry (currently QB coach in New Orleans but could be let go potentially if a new coach cleans house, has coached multiple positions but was a former QB himself and has experience with the Saints version of the E-P).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I commented in the ShoutBox yesterday but not yet in this thread. I think this is a good decision by the Bills. When you have an elite franchise Quarterback like Josh Allen you do two things:

1. You retain as much system familiarity year to year as possible. Doesn't mean you don't tweak things here and there but you keep the scheme broadly consistent, the verbiage consistent, the concepts consistent. You therefore get to spend camp executing the offense not learning the offense.

2. You hire offensive coordinators that he wants to work with. Josh could not have been more clear in his presser that he wanted Ken Dorsey to get the job if Daboll moved on. 

None of the above means that I am telling you Ken Dorsey will be a great or even good coordinator. That remains to be seen. But I think it pretty much reduces to near zero the chance that the offense takes a major step back. Which when you change a lot up is always a risk.

Now we need a shortlist of guys for QB coach:

1. Shea Tierney (unless Daboll takes him to NYG);

2. Joe Brady (the rumour is he interviewed for QBs and passing game coordinator in Chicago);

3. Sean Ryan (current QB coach in Carolina but history in the E-P with the Giants and Texans);

4. Tee Martin (speculating based on them speaking to him but might be an option);

5. Ronald Curry (currently QB coach in New Orleans but could be let go potentially if a new coach cleans house, has coached multiple positions but was a former QB himself and has experience with the Saints version of the E-P).

There is also a chance that Dorsey has his own network from which he could pull a QB and OL coach.

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Damn, if only Josh was a winner, he could have stopped the Chiefs with 13 seconds left!

It's Allen's fault the Bills lost. Bum should have helped our D out by throwing the go-ahead TD pass with 3 seconds left not 13. Trade him now :)

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aren't we all?

IMHO...Daboll had a learning curve his first 2 years about situationally appropriate game management and play calling.

Given that Dorsey actually has experience playing QB in the NFL, it will be interesting to see if he brings a different perspective.

i hope so, sometimes it was like Dabol would have a cluster of  bad calls that made you scratch your head and other times was genius

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i hope so, sometimes it was like Dabol would have a cluster of  bad calls that made you scratch your head and other times was genius

Yup, he was infamous in my mind for doing what you stated, would be nice to see a good deal less of that sort of thing going forward, 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/2/2022 at 7:59 AM, eball said:

Anybody know if we're getting a Dorsey press conference this week?

I just want to hear him say that he’s gonna run Spiller till he pukes…

Go Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.