Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Anything with Brady or Mahomes in it would have less interest for me. 

I think the Bengals can win regardless, but, Stafford is far more likely to turn into Peterman than Mahomes was. He has in most games. He even tried giving away the game against the 49ers just last week. The 49ers DB just dropped the easiest INT he will ever see. 

Stafford is definitely capable of blowing it. But it's not like Burrow has been lighting the world on fire these playoffs. He is being overhyped.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

Stafford is definitely capable of blowing it. But it's not like Burrow has been lighting the world on fire these playoffs. He is being overhyped.

The Burrow hype is getting ridiculous and in my opinion due for a let down. It almost makes me regret Mahomes losing as this may be worse from a obnoxious fan perspective. Their team as a whole, sure it was successful and made the trek to the biggest game of the year. But giving Burrow all of the credit as an elite passer carrying the team with his cold blood? Absurd.

The guy has 4 touchdowns in 12 quarters of play. To put that in perspective, he scored a touchdown in Q1 and Q2 of the raiders game, and Q2 and Q3 of the Chiefs game. The other 8 quarters were field goals and punts, or turnovers (he had two).

In arguably every playoff scenario, the defense carried them to where they are now.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Bengals don't feel like a Super Bowl team. It bugs me. 

That said, it is fun to see some new teams in the mix. I'm going to enjoy the game, and I'll probably root for Stafford and Donald to get rings. 

The Bengals cut in line.  It bothers me, too - even though I like Burrow, their team & their fans.

Shows how hard it is to get there, and win.

I'm rooting for the Rams.  If the Bengals win, it will open up a can of worms w/ me around the "should have been us" theme.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Rams SB rally draws more flies than fans.

Gigglesnorts wow now THAT is a study in not only contrasts in fanbases but also just visually proves how Cali people (except for diehards of all ages) IMO are pretty fair weather fans..literally.... My guess it was "too cold" for los angelenos to be out at night for this photo op

lol pathetic....haha-m

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

Gigglesnorts wow now THAT is a study in not only contrasts in fanbases but also just visually proves how Cali people (except for diehards of all ages) IMO are pretty fair weather fans..literally.... My guess it was "too cold" for los angelenos to be out at night for this photo op

lol pathetic....haha-m

When the Rams made the SB against the Pats, they compared 2 sports bars in both locations.  The Pats bar was going nuts w/ beer flying all over the place.  In LA, there were 2 couples sitting at the bar drinking wine, and one of them looked up and said something like, "Hey, we won!  That means we're going to the Super Bowl, right?"

I'm sure it wasn't all like that. But probably.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Bengals don't feel like a Super Bowl team. It bugs me. 

That said, it is fun to see some new teams in the mix. I'm going to enjoy the game, and I'll probably root for Stafford and Donald to get rings. 

Both Burrow and Stafford relied on their defenses to navigate them through these playoffs. Too bad Josh didn't have that luxury. 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both Burrow and Stafford relied on their defenses to navigate them through these playoffs. Too bad Josh didn't have that luxury. 

I know that we want controllable outcomes, but both the Bengals and the Rams got a lot of good fortune to win games. If Carr could find an open man in the EZ at the end of the WC game, the Bengals playoff drought continues. The game deciding interception in the Bengals game against the Titans was broken up by Eli Apple, but it popped straight into Logan Wilson’s arms. 9 times out of 10 that ball falls to the turf. And if Tartt catches the easy one at the end of the NFCCG, the 49ers and playing on Sunday. Also, what the heck happened to the Chiefs in the second half of the AFCCG? 

• Like (+1) 1

Still not sure if I can watch the super bowl or not … I’m still really sick and disgusted over our loss to KC… Gosh Damn you McDermott we would  be playing Sunday if it wasn’t for your chicken *hit call at the end of the game…

Edited by Bimmer323i
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Process said:

For a 2nd year QB coming off an ACL injury and having one of the worst pass blocking lines I've seen this season, I don't think he's being overhyped at all.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Rams SB rally draws more flies than fans.

LA just isn't a great football market. Maybe college with USC and UCLA but not the pros. When it comes to sports LA is Lakers and Dodgers. I will predict the Chargers won't survive there long term. The Rams probably will because they have some history in LA and somewhat of a fanbase but not the Chargers. They would have been better off moving the Raiders to LA with the Rams and have the Chargers go to Vegas. If the Bills had made the Super Bowl I would bet 75-80% of the crowd would have been Bills Mafia. Buffalo a hard core football mad city vs LA home of the fair weather fan at best.

8 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

For a 2nd year QB coming off an ACL injury and having one of the worst pass blocking lines I've seen this season, I don't think he's being overhyped at all.

A good comparison I've seen is Troy Aikman.   Burrow doesn't look spectacular, but he always seems to throw to the correct receiver and puts the ball in the correct location..  He's not a burner, but athletic enough to buy some time or get a clutch 1st down with his legs.  Bottom line, he's obviously a winner and the Bengals would not even be sniffing the SB without him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We need to build a true top 5 defense next year. 

Defense wins championships.  As much as the end of the KC game hurt, I would have been extremely concerned about facing the Rams with our current D.

5 minutes ago, Success said:

We need to build a true top 5 defense next year. 

Defense wins championships.  As much as the end of the KC game hurt, I would have been extremely concerned about facing the Rams with our current D.

OL would have had their hands full as well with Donald and Miller. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.