Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

I have the Rams in a two possession win, I think the Bengals O-line finally gets exposed against the Rams dominant pass rush. Overall though I do think the Bengals hang tough but the Rams offense scores enough to make it comfortable late and the Rams defense makes a few big plays and pressures Joe cool all game. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I have the Rams in a two possession win, I think the Bengals O-line finally gets exposed against the Rams dominant pass rush. Overall though I do think the Bengals hang tough but the Rams offense scores enough to make it comfortable late and the Rams defense makes a few big plays and pressures Joe cool all game. 

My Tartt rejoinder is that Stafford was one butterfinger from throwing away the NFCCG.

I lack faith that he won't do likewise in the SuperBowl.  Whereas Burrow seems able to "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'"

• Like (+1) 3

Super Bowl 2022 ticket prices soar, shocking NFL fans

According to TicketIQ data, the cheapest ticket available costs $5,300. If a fan wanted to sit comfortably in the lower levels of SoFi Stadium, he would have to shell out about $8,870. The high rollers will need more than $906,000 for a single ticket for a 24-person suite.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/super-bowl-2022-ticket-prices-nfl

• Vomit 1

58 minutes ago, ALF said:

According to TicketIQ data, the cheapest ticket available costs $5,300. If a fan wanted to sit comfortably in the lower levels of SoFi Stadium, he would have to shell out about $8,870. The high rollers will need more than $906,000 for a single ticket for a 24-person suite.

And the best way to watch is from the comfort of one's own home.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really don't think I would enjoy going to a Super Bowl as an average fan.  Watching from home, being comfortable, eating good food and being able to sleep in my own bed are all very good reasons to stay home.  Also the money saved.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My Tartt rejoinder is that Stafford was one butterfinger from throwing away the NFCCG.

I lack faith that he won't do likewise in the SuperBowl.  Whereas Burrow seems able to "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'"

All fair points, however I think football is often about matchups. Styles make fights and I think the Rams D-line will be able to dominate the Bengals O-line and make things very difficult for Joe Burrow. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

All fair points, however I think football is often about matchups. Styles make fights and I think the Rams D-line will be able to dominate the Bengals O-line and make things very difficult for Joe Burrow. 

Agree, I expect the Rams D line to dominate the game. There’s a good possibility that Stafford won’t need to do much to win. I’ve also doubted Stafford for a long time. I’m beginning to trust him more with McVay and that roster. He’s done everything that’s been asked of him this season. I’m no longer able to deliver the “Stafford is going to mess it up” hot take. 

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I thought the same thing about the Titans and KC Dlines.

26 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Titans D line had about ten sacks. Both games were close and looking dicey for the Bengals late, but CIN got a key takeaway on defense. That can win you some games especially in the playoffs, but it’s not reliable. 

17 hours ago, ALF said:

I guess it just makes me appreciate a bit more when the players sponsor a family to attend.  Though perhaps they get comp'ed tickets

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Stafford will always have a little bit of that Detroit Lion in him.

The only question is will it come out on Super Bowl Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mark92 said:

I really don't think I would enjoy going to a Super Bowl as an average fan.  Watching from home, being comfortable, eating good food and being able to sleep in my own bed are all very good reasons to stay home.  Also the money saved.  

agreed. not to mention, the idea of spending 10k to watch a loss would hurt. i turned the tv off the second kc scored in OT, and i put my phone on silent, just not wanting anything to do with it anymore.

the thought of getting showered in the wrong teams confetti, waiting in lines to get out the stadium.... sitting in traffic trying to leave, or waiting for a cab... nope, none of that for me. would much rather watch a SB with close family/friends at home

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

We should be playing next week.

Fans of dozens of teams have said that throughout playoff history.  We're not the 1st team to lose on something flukey, or on the last play of the game.  In that weekend alone, we were the 4th team to lose on the last play.

I've settled into a "we weren't quite there yet" outlook, which has been healthier for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Timex Joe !
I actually watched a few Bengals games late in the season at one point I thought to myself. These guys have a complete defense. no splash but all around good

Rooting for the underdog Bengals

and be okay if Stafford finally gets one. absolutely

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

The Titans did sack Burrow a bunch it was the turnovers that lost them that game and KC's d-line is a one man show with Jones, I feel like you can scheme around one player. Whereas with the Rams I feel like you can't just scheme around Donald with Miller and others there. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Titans did sack Burrow a bunch it was the turnovers that lost them that game and KC's d-line is a one man show with Jones, I feel like you can scheme around one player. Whereas with the Rams I feel like you can't just scheme around Donald with Miller and others there. 

Turnovers cost KC the game also.  If they didn't gift-wrap the Bengals a TD in the 3Q, maybe the Bengals don't tie the game - that was the only TD the Bengals scored

And that's leaving out the KC decision at the end of the half to go for it instead of taking more points.

But KC didn't seem to have a plan for Burrows having legs, which is a little bit odd to me since he had 14 rushing 1st downs and 4 games where he averaged more than 5 Y/A.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.