Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

On 2/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, Ya Digg? said:

It’s not the league that’s selling the tickets for 30k, it’s people re-selling the tickets that are getting that. Not sure how you stop that. The teams are given a certain amount they can sell to their fans, but they can’t control what happens after they have already sold them. If I knew I could make 30 grand for selling my tickets that would be hard to pass up 

My main point was, the vast majority of these tickets go to sponsors and not regular fans. I’d love to put more tickets in the hands of regular fans. 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:16 PM, ALF said:

Super Bowl 2022 ticket prices soar, shocking NFL fans

According to TicketIQ data, the cheapest ticket available costs $5,300. If a fan wanted to sit comfortably in the lower levels of SoFi Stadium, he would have to shell out about $8,870. The high rollers will need more than $906,000 for a single ticket for a 24-person suite.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/super-bowl-2022-ticket-prices-nfl

If I wanted to piss away that sort of money on a few hours of entertainment, it sure as hell would have nothing to do with a football game or the Super Bowl in particular.

Who the hell pays 10 grand to go to a football game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

My main point was, the vast majority of these tickets go to sponsors and not regular fans. I’d love to put more tickets in the hands of regular fans. 

I was under the impression that teams have a set-aside for their season ticket holders? Then again if you win that lottery how tempting is it to flip those tickets?

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If I wanted to piss away that sort of money on a few hours of entertainment, it sure as hell would have nothing to do with a football game or the Super Bowl in particular.

Who the hell pays 10 grand to go to a football game?

Mostly folks for whom that 10G is like $50 to an average fan. 

3 minutes ago, colin said:

i can't think of a superbowl that has had less interest than this one.

Pats* Rams would be closest but I agree. 

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was under the impression that teams have a set-aside for their season ticket holders? Then again if you win that lottery how tempting is it to flip those tickets?

I believe the participating teams do, but is far fewer tickets than they received back when the Bills last made a SB. 

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are using the Chargers locker room though according to Rapsheet. Seems odd because the Rams opponents use that one, but they are supposed to be  “away”. 

for competitive fairness they should put the rams through the inconvenience of being the visitor which they are.  

15 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

He's a very easy player to root for. 

I'll be happy for him if the Rams win. If the Bengals win, I'll be more happy for the fans. I like Burrow, but I have a feeling I won't like him THAT much in the years to come.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, colin said:

Disagree.  Bengals are kind of a Cinderella story,  going up against the star studded Rams in LA.  Will the young gun Joey brr get a super bowl in only his 2nd year or will the vet Stafford finally get his?  It’s an intriguing matchup.  So much better than having to watch the Brady slobfest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

On 2/5/2022 at 6:50 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Lol.. that brings an interesting question. How much potential $$ winnings would it take for you to want the Bills opponent in the Super Bowl to win? I’d have a hard time convincing myself to root for that outcome but I know it would take a LOT more than than a G. 100k ? 250k, 500k? 

Hard to imagine it. 5 million.

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Disagree.  Bengals are kind of a Cinderella story,  going up against the star studded Rams in LA.  Will the young gun Joey brr get a super bowl in only his 2nd year or will the vet Stafford finally get his?  It’s an intriguing matchup.  So much better than having to watch the Brady slobfest.

People also forget that Burrow tore his ACL last year. It's a comeback story too.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, colin said:

Anything with Brady or Mahomes in it would have less interest for me. 

10 hours ago, Process said:

The closer we get, the more I think the Rams are going to destroy the Bengals. Like the chiefs were doing before Mahomes decided to turn into Nathan Peterman. I just don't think they're that good.

I think the Bengals can win regardless, but, Stafford is far more likely to turn into Peterman than Mahomes was. He has in most games. He even tried giving away the game against the 49ers just last week. The 49ers DB just dropped the easiest INT he will ever see. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.