Jim Harbaugh expected to take Dolphins job over Minnesota. (Update) Mike McDaniel now is the possible front runner for Miami

BuffaloBills1998

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From when?  Because if it was when he was a player or a young hot-head, people are allowed to grow up.

I thought they're all trash talkers around the game.

Benjamin Albright who reports on the Broncos in Denver shared some reasons why EB has not been hired as HC.  Everything from him own personal baggage, to issues coaching at Colorado, and recently the fact that Andy Reid OC’s have not fared well in the NFL as head coaches.  Also said that Bieniemy doesn’t interview well and hasn’t left an impression during his interviews.  

I do wonder if coaching in Andy Reid’s shadow hurts him as well

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

With the Flores lawsuit and allegations towards Miami and its ownership, I wonder if this will scare off a HC candidate.  If found true, there can be sanctions and a change of ownership. 

Well, I know this isn't going to be popular on these boards...but this would be a time where any coach taking that job would be wise to insist on a Marrone style "Opt Out" clause in case of new ownership or other potentially career threatening issues. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Benjamin Albright who reports on the Broncos in Denver shared some reasons why EB has not been hired as HC.  Everything from him own personal baggage, to issues coaching at Colorado, and recently the fact that Andy Reid OC’s have not fared well in the NFL as head coaches.  Also said that Bieniemy doesn’t interview well and hasn’t left an impression during his interviews.  

I think the latter, but of course one can't rule out a "double standard" with regard to baggage from a guy's youth.  In addition, I assume that anyone being seriously considered for HC has an in-depth investigation conducted on them - and it's possible that the single DUI in Bieniemy's 30s is not an outlier.  🤷‍♂️

On 1/31/2022 at 3:45 PM, dave mcbride said:

Well, Michigan has the 8th ranked recruiting class for 2022, although they're a fair bit behind the leaders in terms of 5-stars (the usual crew and Texas A & M). College recruiting has come to resemble the tech industry -- with the nationalization of recruiting, a small group of 4-5 schools just suck up a hugely disproportionate share of the top talent. 8th may sound good -- and it is -- but it doesn't reveal how huge the disparity is between the top dogs and the rest.  

To your point:

And I’m not trying to ***** on Michigan here, it’s incredibly hard for any program to keep up with Bama and UGA right now. Sure TAMU has the #1 class but until that translates it doesn’t matter. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

To your point:

And I’m not trying to ***** on Michigan here, it’s incredibly hard for any program to keep up with Bama and UGA right now. Sure TAMU has the #1 class but until that translates it doesn’t matter. 

Good stuff, and it's pretty eye-popping (albeit basically what I intuited from watching what's going on in college ball).

Ross is waiting to see which HC candidate will take less cash bonus per loss...

57 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I was obviously joking.  But I do know who Mile McDaniel is.  He’s the OC in SF who helped Head Coach (Kyle Shannahan) run Kyle Shannahan’s  offense.  Also he has never called plays.  Maybe he is going to be a great HC, but from what I am seeing he’s done very little to warrant a HC job in the NFL. 

What did Flores do before the Fins made him HC that warranted a HC job?  He wasn't ever even a coordinator.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What did Flores do before the Fins made him HC that warranted a HC job?  He wasn't ever even a coordinator.

The joke - again a joke - was simply that the Phins fired a HC who seemed to have been pretty well regarded and who had a winning record in each of the last two seasons for a guy who appeared to be doing little more than following Shannahan’s orders.  It was not meant to be any kind of social commentary. 

59 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I ask over and over because we know two things..

1. Bieniemy does not come up with the scheme week to week (Kafka)

2. He does not call plays (Reid)

So I ask.. what does he actually do as Offensive Coordinator? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

The joke - again a joke - was simply that the Phins fired a HC who seemed to have been pretty well regarded and who had a winning record in each of the last two seasons for a guy who appeared to be doing little more than following Shannahan’s orders.  It was not meant to be any kind of social commentary. 

Neither was mine--I was simply comparing the 2 coaches' histories.  You said McDaniel was some guy in SF.  At least he was a Coordinator.  Flores was a LB coach before he was HC.  So it's hard to knock McDaniels for that.

Flores got fired, and like any coach who gets fired, it doesn't really matter what the next guy seems like. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Neither was mine--I was simply comparing the 2 coaches' histories.  You said McDaniel was some guy in SF.  At least he was a Coordinator.  Flores was a LB coach before he was HC.  So it's hard to knock McDaniels for that.

Flores got fired, and like any coach who gets fired, it doesn't really matter what the next guy seems like. 

I think once a guy gets a HC job, that’s what you use to judge him by.

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Florio and his ilk make a huge dela every year out of what an injustice and travesty it is that Eric Bienemy doesn't get "his" HC job.

Maybe he's just not that impressive? 

They also moderate and remove any comments to those articles that reference Bieniemy's rap sheet. 

I like PFT but anyone that reads it knows Florio is not shy about having an agenda and loves throwing his bias' into content.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

I ask over and over because we know two things..

1. Bieniemy does not come up with the scheme week to week (Kafka)

2. He does not call plays (Reid)

So I ask.. what does he actually do as Offensive Coordinator? 

Tired of hearing about Beiniemy to be honest. I think he needs to assume full OC duties on another team to get his just due. Either he takes a project QB and gets him to excel, or he coordinates an offense that gets more out of less talent, but his influence on an offense needs to be felt and not overshadowed by Reid. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Tired of hearing about Beiniemy to be honest. I think he needs to assume full OC duties on another team to get his just due. Either he takes a project QB and gets him to excel, or he coordinates an offense that gets more out of less talent, but his influence on an offense needs to be felt and not overshadowed by Reid. 

hell, go to a team with a superstar QB and do it without Reid. He's not going to get a HC job without leaving Reid.