What position do you consider biggest need for Bills going into this offseason?

Lost

What position do you consider biggest need for Bills going into this offseason?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What positions would you like to see addressed first going into free agency and the NFL draft.

• CB
    • LB
    • DL
    • OL
    • WR
    • RB
    • TE
    • K/P

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Edmunds is not a problem and shouldn't be on anyone's find a way to get rid of list. Edmunds and Milano are so far from being a problem.

I'm not saying extend Edmunds, but he's not an issue. 

I would love if Edmunds was a Jet and we had to play against him twice a year!

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I would love if Edmunds was a Jet and we had to play against him twice a year!

He's a captain of our defense. This kind of reminds me of when fans hated London Fletcher. They said all he does is make tackles downfield. Then they replaced Ron Edwards with Sam Adams and all of a sudden he's a fan favorite.

Edmunds never leaves the field so yeah he's going to be criticized when the defense struggles. 

My take . . .

High Priority: Any upgrade on the oline

Priority: #2 corner, power & speed RB, run stuffing D Tackle

Improve: #2 TE, DB depth, a top tier Punter, D line & LB depth, a top Kick returner

Don't forget: Trubinsky will probably leave, so we need a solid veteran backup QB who won't tank a SB run

And: Depending on what the BIlls think of Hodgins and Stevenson's development, another quality veteran receiver (with speed)

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NoName said:

I am surprised to hear no one mention TE.  Remember those games Dawson Knox was injured?  Tommy Sweeney was invisible and Gilliam isn't an option.  Having another good TE gives us more flexbility to benefit our run game and allows us to do more 2 TE formations. 

I think we need an upgrade at RB.  Singletary is good but how would this offense look with a very good RB?

The only position I would want to upgrade on the OL would be center and that's a maybe for me.  It depends on how we are going to establish the run.  If we are going to continue to get the OL guys on the move then I think we can make it work with Morse.

My picks

Go after C Ben Jones from the Titans in free agency

1st round CB Kaiir Elam Florida (great compliment to Tre....has size, toughness)

2nd round TE Jaylen Wedeymeyer Texas A&M (could end up being better than Knox is big and can move)

3rd round Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame (looks as good if not better than singletary with a little more power and speed)

4th round or later, I'd like to see them get someone to play the 1 technique

Elam is a terrible tackler and frequently lost receivers in coverage - UF is my alma mater and I can tell you that Moon is about the only player I think has any shot of being a decent pro from that D, but that’s no slam dunk.  Now they were terribly coached so there is that, but I’m not impressed with much of their talent. 

I agree with what many are saying about LB.  Edmunds can move and is a 3 down LB, but good coaches exploit him and our D is pretty soft in the big moments where he is nowhere to be found. Tell me the big plays Edmunds has made to change the outcome of a game.  He’s not bad but he’s also a place they could use more consistency, toughness and playmaking ability.  Milano is a better LB, but a bit undersized.  Being a statistically No. 1 defense doesn’t mean anything if you are extremely vulnerable to the a team deciding to pound you all game with the run and not being able to get a clutch stop at any point in the 4th quarter in close games.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

With over 8 Billion people on this planet someone must be able to keep up ;) 

There are actually many who could not only keep up, but are faster than Hill. Unfortunately none of them play football. 
I’ll never forget what Marquis Goodwin (4.28) said about track speed. His quote was “yeah, I’m one of the fastest guys in football, but I’m nothing compared to those Olympic sprinters. They have speed that’s on a whole nother level.” I just shook my head in awe.

Coleman runs 4.12 40 yard dash

• Like (+1) 1

CB is the area of need IMO.

Levi Wallace is a FA and will probably get overpaid by someone after he stepped up to be the CB#1 for half the season after Tre went down.

Tre White may likely miss the start of the season. Even when he returns what level will he be playing at the first few weeks back?

Taron Johnson is a solid slot CB, but is not a good boundary CB

That leaves Dane Jackson and some interesting but underwhelming guys on the PS as starters at CB.

I see a 1st round pick on CB, or a trade for an established one (like Diggs at WR)

Marhawn Lattimore makes sense from an opportunity/ need/ trade partner perspective. The Saints are @$70M over the cap, and they are rebuilding. Unfortunately his contract is ridiculous. a Pre-June trade makes the Saints eat a lot of contract, but his $ is still very high. The Saints would get a #1 pick and some cap relief, but it may not be enough to trade him.

Regardless, CB is a glaring need

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin
  • Like (+1) 1

I answered OL. Wallace was fine as CB#2. The interior OL was a mess most of the year. They could do far worse than to bring back Wallace for another year. And they need to protect Allen at all costs.

That said I would sign an OG in FA and draft CB and C in the first 3 rounds.  Get TE#2 in FA. And then add a DL in the draft. Hopefully let Addison go and bring back Hughes for one more year

DC, to me the only thing that saves Frazier is McD coming out and saying it was his idea to play 30 yards off and just let them kick a FG. The pressure is now on our GM to get the talent that Josh needs to win. I will reserve my complete judgment until after the SB but if KC just rolls thru the Rams or 49ers D like nothing is all offensive for me. More nukes less missile defense systems.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.