Isnt football amazing

Steptide

Here it is 4 days after the game and I'm still going over scenarios in my head of how the game could've been won. I'm definitely better today than I was Monday or Tuesday, but it's amazing how long this is sticking. The thing that's driving me nuts is, it's just a football game. It has no effect on my everyday life (other than the emotion of the game). My life is no different today than it was a week ago, other than the fact that the bills arnt playing this weekend. This time of year is always a little depressing as I know football is ending soon and that bums me out. I want this game out of my head. I'm actually looking forward to the games Sunday to help move on from the disaster that happened last Sunday night. Side note - while I think it's a nice F-U to the pro bowl, I whole heartedly believe Allen isn't going because of the pain he's going through with this loss. I legit feel terrible for him because this loss is not on him whatsoever. I apologize, I know we've had alot of posts or threads like this all week, but somehow it helps 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Here it is 4 days after the game and I'm still going over scenarios in my head of how the game could've been won. I'm definitely better today than I was Monday or Tuesday, but it's amazing how long this is sticking. The thing that's driving me nuts is, it's just a football game. It has no effect on my everyday life (other than the emotion of the game). My life is no different today than it was a week ago, other than the fact that the bills arnt playing this weekend. This time of year is always a little depressing as I know football is ending soon and that bums me out. I want this game out of my head. I'm actually looking forward to the games Sunday to help move on from the disaster that happened last Sunday night. Side note - while I think it's a nice F-U to the pro bowl, I whole heartedly believe Allen isn't going because of the pain he's going through with this loss. I legit feel terrible for him because this loss is not on him whatsoever. I apologize, I know we've had alot of posts or threads like this all week, but somehow it helps 

I could have written that.  

I've really been trying to work through that basic concept all week:  why does a game affect me like this?

I'm grateful for this board, though.  It's been great group therapy.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

I'm pretty sure Josh isn't going to the Pro Bowl purely as a "F U" to the league.

We are all having a hard time getting over the game because it was like the second most shocking/heart breaking loss in franchise history!

It will eventually go away.

If the Chiefs lose Sunday, I think the loss to them will actually feel better.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm pretty sure Josh isn't going to the Pro Bowl purely as a "F U" to the league.

We are all having a hard time getting over the game because it was like the second most shocking/heart breaking loss in franchise history!

No worse.....  Cincy and Burrow in the SB his second year....?   No thanks

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Not for me. It will only reinforce the fact the we blew our shot at the Superbowl.  I think the Rams Bills would have been a fantastic match up. With that being said, if said scenario played out and we lost, I'd probably be worse off than now. 

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not for me. It will only reinforce the fact the we blew our shot at the Superbowl.  I think the Rams Bills would have been a fantastic match up. With that being said, if said scenario played out and we lost, I'd probably be worse off than now. 

For me it's the opposite; if KC kills the Bengals and then wins the SB, that should have been US in that spot because they should not have gotten past us.

If they get killed on Sunday, let's say, it's hard to hold onto the myth/dream that this was our year.

We couldn't get past KC and then they get whipped anyway by the Bengals...so just let it go.

It comes down to psychology and how one chooses to view the situation I guess.

I have been feeling the same way after this one, and trying to replay that last 13 seconds in my head, and unfortunately that's the nature of the beast. This one definitely hurts in more ways than one, and I know it's been said before, but we will be back......and hopefully close the deal next time. Luckily, I've always been kind of a "Glass Half-Full" type of person. I keep telling myself at least this didn't happen in the Super Bowl.

Right after the game, I thought that this was the worst loss in our history. But, upon further reflection, it’s not even close. To me, the worst losses were whatever game knocked us from playoff contention for 18 straight years. And before the Kelly teams 1984 and 1985 were even worse. We were the worst team in the NFL. The stadium was empty and people wore bags on their heads. As a kid, sitting in Rich Stadium in September 1984 watching us get beat by the Vikings in Kay Stevenson’s last game as coach was far worse than Sunday night because things felt so hopeless. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Right after the game, I thought that this was the worst loss in our history. But, upon further reflection, it’s not even close. To me, the worst losses were whatever game knocked us from playoff contention for 18 straight years. And before the Kelly teams 1984 and 1985 were even worse. We were the worst team in the NFL. The stadium was empty and people wore bags on their heads. As a kid, sitting in Rich Stadium in September 1984 watching us get beat by the Vikings in Kay Stevenson’s last game as coach was far worse than Sunday night because things felt so hopeless. 

I hear you on that, I was 3 in 1984 so I won't pretend to remember it.

Though the toughest losses IMO are the ones that got away. If your team isn't any good, it's understandable. 

We blew a legit SB chance and I think our QB was the better one on the field.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Its the ultimate reality tv show

I had a rough Monday then much better week. I’ve accepted it. We had a great opportunity but nothing in this game we love is for certain..Mahomes is a great Qb and they are headed to their fourth AFC championship. They are doing something right. 

Lots of what ifs.. what if Trey never got hurt?  What if We never lost to Jax? What if we had home field. 

No one I talk to mentions 13 seconds, all I hear is what an amazing game. Josh was out this world. Just came up short. That’s football..

So I’m excited to see where we go from here. I’m feeling an MVP season coming from Josh.. hopefully home field and that that this is the year. I really want to get there while Hyde and Poyer are here together! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I had a rough Monday then much better week. I’ve accepted it. We had a great opportunity but nothing in this game we love is for certain..Mahomes is a great Qb and they are headed to their fourth AFC championship. They are doing something right. 

Lots of what ifs.. what if Trey never got hurt?  What if We never lost to Jax? What if we had home field. 

No one I talk to mentions 13 seconds, all I hear is what an amazing game. Josh was out this world. Just came up short. That’s football..

So I’m excited to see where we go from here. I’m feeling an MVP season coming from Josh.. hopefully home field and that that this is the year. I really want to get there while Hyde and Poyer are here together! 

That was probably my worst fear after the game, amongst all of the emotions - that 13 seconds would be "wide right" for other fanbases.

But I can't really recall a game where there was such an outpouring of respect and admiration from the NFL world, and true well wishes that the Bills & Josh would get to the SB soon.  Except for Patriots fans, who always seem to be salty & sad.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

No way. We haven't been to the suberbowl in 30 years. A SB loss would be extremely disappointing, but getting through KC and to the SB after what was such an up and down regular season would have been awesome, regardless of the outcome. Or at least way better then what we just went through.

Edited by Process

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No worse.....  Cincy and Burrow in the SB his second year....?   No thanks

Agreed.

This may just be bitterness but I feel Burrow is only excelling because of Chase. Take Chase out of the offense and I don’t think Burrow’s star would be rising so fast or far.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I hear ya. Nice write up.  At first i felt bad for us fans the most but by Monday night i felt the worst for Josh Allen.  No guarantees on anything but he won’t ever get that back.  He was peaking at the perfect time and had the most accomplished playoffs (in just 2 games!)  of any QB in history without making the Super Bowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.