Bills should pay close attention to whoever the Raiders and Broncos hire as new HC

FilthyBeast

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Really hate the term 'retread', such a derogatory way to describe someone looking to get another chance. Are we retreads when we seek a 2nd job in the same industry or just someone with practical experience?

I am a retread five times over...at least

Maybe?   Maybe?  Maybe McBeane has seen enough of our approach and now knows that you need impact players on the defense to combat players like Josh Allen and Mahomes? 
Maybe there will be someone out there that can help us in this regard and that someone really wants a Super Bowl?

Maybe McBeane drops its mantra of staying competitive and adopts a Super Bowl or bust ideology?

That could be what has to happen for the Bills to take the next step. Teams with much less QBs have gone peddle to the metal and it is time we joined them.

I think we need to buy a pass rusher.

I think we need to change our defensive philosophy somewhat. (Even though it was more poor execution than playing style that ruined the Bills chances. I think a better, nastier pass rush is needed.

I think our #1 pick pick should also be a pass rusher if one is there that is worth it. (We need to go BPA somewhat at positions, DE, DT, WR, CB and TE.) We need to come away with a blue chipper most of all. That is what we lack; blue chippers. Moreso on defense though.....

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

HC should be offensive minded in every situation.

Having a defense guy as the HC is flat out the wrong way to go.

Why? B/C if the offensive genius in the house is plucked away to a HC job, you have to start over--which might well be the Bills this season.

If the offensive guy is your HC, he'll never be plucked away.

And offense is WAY more important than defense in the modern NFL.

You hire the right coach regardless of what side of the ball they coach on. Bill Belichick is one of the greatest coaches ever and came from defense. John Harbaugh is a great coach and came from special teams.

And tons of coaches get hired form the offensive side and flame out. It's not about what side of the ball you come from.

I understand the logic, but the Broncos and the Raiders have been pretty inept lately. I'm not convinced that they'd hire the best person for the job, so who they hire is irrelevant.

Emulate people because they know what they're doing, not because they're in the same division as our conference rivals.

Bills should pay close attention to whoever Raiders hire as new GM, and who Broncos hire as new ST coach to see how to compete against KC. Also should pay close attention to each persons diet and how their meals are prepared leading up to when they play against KC 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Agree 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Reason I say this is the obvious chess match at play here. Just like the Bills, these organizations understand they have to build a team that can compete with and beat the Chiefs in the coming years. And for both the stakes are infinitely higher since the Chiefs are a divisional opponent they will see twice a year. So it's not surprising that neither have pulled the trigger yet and doing their due diligence on the next leader of their team. Will it be fresh faces or retreads. Defensive or offensive minded.

Miami is also in a similar situation knowing they have to deal with Allen and the Bills twice a year and have lost 6 straight to them. And overall it's somewhat surprising the first domino has not fallen yet with so many jobs open right now.

Any updates on this?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any updates on this?

Yes!

The Broncos hired Nate Hackett who was a failed offensive coordinator here. They also traded for Russell Wilson who looks like a shell of himself and his teammates can’t stand him. They were eliminated from the playoffs like 2-3 weeks ago and sit at 4-11 after being blown out by the Rams yesterday. 

The Raiders hired Josh McDaniels who has been miserable anywhere outside of New England. That has held true in Las Vegas! They traded for superstar WR Davante Adams to compliment Renfrow, Waller and Jacobs as weapons for Carr. They sit at 6-9 after blowing a ridiculous about of games and getting a gift from the Pats 2 weeks ago. They’re still “in the hunt” but only in name. 

I would like to point out to FilthyTroll that McBeane are really good at their jobs, and while they should learn from other teams as much as they can, EVERY team is looking at them as the blueprint. 

Y'all want to act like what we have here sucks and then you look at these “stacked teams” like Miami, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Cleveland that can’t get it to translate to the field. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

On 1/26/2022 at 6:45 PM, SoTier said:

I think that they have a significantly better chance to add more talent than either Las Vegas or Denver.  Whether they can actually do that is TBD. 

Their cap situation is atrocious, 30 mill over 32 under contract. Good luck to their gm with limited top picks 

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

50 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes!

The Broncos hired Nate Hackett who was a failed offensive coordinator here. They also traded for Russell Wilson who looks like a shell of himself and his teammates can’t stand him. They were eliminated from the playoffs like 2-3 weeks ago and sit at 4-11 after being blown out by the Rams yesterday. 

The Raiders hired Josh McDaniels who has been miserable anywhere outside of New England. That has held true in Las Vegas! They traded for superstar WR Davante Adams to compliment Renfrow, Waller and Jacobs as weapons for Carr. They sit at 6-9 after blowing a ridiculous about of games and getting a gift from the Pats 2 weeks ago. They’re still “in the hunt” but only in name. 

I would like to point out to FilthyTroll that McBeane are really good at their jobs, and while they should learn from other teams as much as they can, EVERY team is looking at them as the blueprint. 

Y'all want to act like what we have here sucks and then you look at these “stacked teams” like Miami, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Cleveland that can’t get it to translate to the field. 

Nobody says Beane and McD suck. Literally no one.

But don't act as if they are not infallible. They make mistakes just like every other HC and GM. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.