Josh Allen is a future HOFer. There I said it...

Big Turk

11 hours ago, MJS said:

To solidify it he needs to go win a Superbowl, but he certainly has Hall of Fame talent. As a QB, you need championships and/or cumulative stats to get in these days. That means he needs to play at a high level for at least 15 years, or get a couple Superbowl wins.

The extra game each season will help with the cumulative stats, though.

There are 32 teams. Over 1600 players.

Championships are hard to win and absolutely don’t need to be part of any hall of fame criteria whatsoever. Unless you’re on the fringe and need it to be.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

There are 32 teams. Over 1600 players.

Championships are hard to win and absolutely don’t need to be part of any hall of fame criteria whatsoever.

But they are. Are you saying they aren't?

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He said they don't need to be. There are countless players in the hall without rings. I don't think anyone would deny it's the biggest benefit.

Which is exactly what I said. If you don't get the rings, you need big time accumulated stats.

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 2:20 AM, MJS said:

What is it you think I am saying? Did I cast any doubt on Josh Allen at all? Did I say he can't do it? No. I just stated the facts. To get into the hall of fame as a QB, you need stats or championships.

Allen has a long road to the hall of fame. He can totally get there, but he is nowhere close yet. The bar is extremely, extremely high for QB's these days. I believe he can do it.

Technically he is already in the HOF, not yet as a player elected but his Jersey and maybe cleats worn in perfect game were sent to the HoF so at very least he's a big part of the only Perfect offensive game in history.  One that likely will never be repeated not impossible but I'd imagine the odds would be astronomical.  So he's already building his resume for his spot which is pretty apparently being reserved for him.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Technically he is already in the HOF, not yet as a player elected but his Jersey and maybe cleats worn in perfect game were sent to the HoF so at very least he's a big part of the only Perfect offensive game in history.  One that likely will never be repeated not impossible but I'd imagine the odds would be astronomical.  So he's already building his resume for his spot which is pretty apparently being reserved for him.  

Not sure if it was for the perfect game but it was as the first player with 100 tds and 20 rushing tds in his 1st four seasons. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Without a doubt, he's a Hall of Fame talent, but don't jinx the guy.  Jeez...

He sucks, and we should look to trade up in the first for some third rate guy we’ve never heard of!

Please excuse me while I try to balance the jinx juju here. It’s a tricky balancing act. A chicken may later be involved.

But we all like chicken, right?  It can be prepared so many ways! 

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

He sucks, and we should look to trade up in the first for some third rate guy we’ve never heard of!

Please excuse me while I try to balance the jinx juju here. It’s a tricky balancing act. A chicken may later be involved.

But we all like chicken, right?  It can be prepared so many ways! 

9aca775e-f81c-42a5-ad2f-79144a564a25_tex

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, May Day 10 said:

This.  While I love seeing him run people over, and it is highly effective... they really need to figure out a way to take that burden off of him.  

Leave that for Playoffs only. He doesnt see a ton of contact on his scrambles, but took a beating on designed runs. No reason for that in reg season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2022 at 2:40 AM, BullBuchanan said:

Alright. I'll explain it to you like you're a child. The message here is that injuries can derail careers. Bulger wasn't an all-time elite guy, but his career was derailed by injury before it ever really got going. He had 4 great years of production and after that he was done. If he played 15 at his pace, he would have finished with top 10 numbers. Luck could have been one of the all-time greats but injuries robbed him of that, and Tony Romo while not in that upper most echelon of guys, was easily a match for some guys that are in or will be in the hall like Esiason and Eli.

Allen has a long road in front of him, and if he stays healthy, he'll get there, but he has two years of great production under his belt. It takes a lot more than that to get into the Hall.

You just cant explain yourself better without having to insult people? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Woah, slow the train down.  I love JA17, but he needs to keep going.  I don’t like the insulting manner the previous poster mentioned the Luck example, but it is accurate.  

Luck won’t wear a gold jacket and that is too bad as he was a great player for a few years.

Is it likely Allen wins a gold jacket 15 years from now, sure.  

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Woah, slow the train down.  I love JA17, but he needs to keep going.  I don’t like the insulting manner the previous poster mentioned the Luck example, but it is accurate.  

Luck won’t wear a gold jacket and that is too bad as he was a great player for a few years.

Is it likely Allen wins a gold jacket 15 years from now, sure.  

OMG with the Andrew Luck crap again.  

On 1/25/2022 at 1:01 AM, Big Turk said:

I know it's still early and he has a lot of football left to play, but the dude simply is constantly doing things nobody in the history of the NFL has done before. Perfect offensive games, best 2 game stretch in the history of the NFL Playoffs, numerous firsts in regular season QB play...

This dude is a future HOFer.  We are witnessing greatness like we have never seen before at the QB position in Buffalo and likely will never see again. I hope we never take it for granted.

No doubt about it.

What my fear has always been is we are wasting him under Sean McDermott.

95% can dislike this message but everybody knows McClappy cost Josh and the Buffalo Bills their first ever super bowl last year.

Known fact. McClappy didn’t know KC had 3 timeouts left when Bass kicked off with :13 seconds left.

Dont shoot the messenger.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:01 AM, Big Turk said:

I know it's still early and he has a lot of football left to play, but the dude simply is constantly doing things nobody in the history of the NFL has done before. Perfect offensive games, best 2 game stretch in the history of the NFL Playoffs, numerous firsts in regular season QB play...

This dude is a future HOFer.  We are witnessing greatness like we have never seen before at the QB position in Buffalo and likely will never see again. I hope we never take it for granted.

take no offense but

image.png.ac14a85e0394d126b8d7c15b39318cd1.png

On 1/25/2022 at 2:01 AM, Big Turk said:

You are a few years too late.

1 hour ago, McBean said:

No doubt about it.

What my fear has always been is we are wasting him under Sean McDermott.

95% can dislike this message but everybody knows McClappy cost Josh and the Buffalo Bills their first ever super bowl last year.

Known fact. McClappy didn’t know KC had 3 timeouts left when Bass kicked off with :13 seconds left.

Dont shoot the messenger.

Exactly NOBODY can KNOW that. But you are free to THINK that. 

Don’t shoot the messenger.  

Without the well regarded McD at the helm, we are unlikely to even get that shot. Rex just wishes he could get that far. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.