Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

How do you not have one player at the line for both of them?...Be as physical as you can possibly be...You can put Edmunds over Kelce and Johnson over Hill and literally try to tackle them in the 1st 5 yards...Play coverage behind that, even rush 3...and make them leak clock...The sidelines don't matter, they have 3 TO's...

That was mind-numbing...I'm still shaking my head...And I was screaming at the TV...What are you freaking doing? They were literally giving them more than 10 yards cushion and the ONE thing you don't want is for these Chiefs to get moving with their speed....It was really terrible coaching...I mean...I love this team but I gotta call it when it's that obvious...

Those freaking 13 seconds will forever haunt us because this team would have been favored to win the AFC Championship and the SB no matter who they would face...It was that big of a mistake...It was bigger really...I don't know if I can ever really trust McD again...He'll have to earn it that's for sure...B-)

Totally agree, there are only so many chances you get to go the bowl.   Would of had the Bengals in Buffalo, with Tommy and Rodgers out in the NFC.    It was there for the taking and 2 defensive minds, McD and Frazier cant prevent of FG with 13 seconds left.   

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know it doesn't matter, but nobody (including national media) is talking about the cheifs. Everyone is stroking Allen to the fullest 

Josh is why I got into the Bills. He is one of the new generation of QBs, one of the finest in the NFL.

But I would have preferred him to have a dreadful game tonight but we snuck through 9-6.

No way to say for sure, and the 3 other games this weekend may say otherwise, but I think this shows the importance of getting a higher seed than KC before the playoff start.  I just think if they had to play in a super loud Orchard Park, it might have been just the small edge we could have used to come out on top.  I'm sick of going to KC to play these playoff games.

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You jam receivers at the line, making it take longer to get downfield and throwing off timing. To let receivers run free and wide open 15 yds down field is simply unbelievable. 

it is, have to play the same way the whole game, cant play soft on the last 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Our DL looks like it can use some help probably at DE. 

Well it's pretty sad then that Beane has drafted three of them in the first 2 rounds the last two seasons, huh?

We can be a little patient with Groot - he was supposed to be a project.  Epenesa and Basham haven't shown much yet.   If anything, Epenesa has regressed.

Might want to question what we have at DL coach.

• Agree 1

Final comment on TBD of the season: you don't back into a season and expect better results.  The team blew my ***** mind over the past month, but damn, there it was again.  Just like against TN.  Will be around on Off the Wall and so on, but really, I can't over parse this shitshow anymore.  Offseason.  Rinse.  Repeat. 2022-3 season.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have no one to blame but themselves. Period. Game should have been won but then again, you gotta make the plays when needed. Both coaches and players are responsible for this loss. All is not lost however, next year should be better and if the Bills win games they should, they may end up with the home field advantage. Still, no matter where the game is played, plays have to be made when needed. Period. No excuse for letting KC tie the game up. None.

Simply put, we were once again out coached in too many moments, some critical, in this game.

13 seconds left when we kicked off for the last time in regulation-  you must be able to put the game away from there, no matter who the opposing QB is.

Some poor play calling in the first half didn’t help either.

Allen did just about everything that could be asked of him. Davis was brilliant. Oliver played his heart out.

There’s still way more right with this team than wrong.

For all people are ragging on the D, imho Mahomes needed to play off script an awful lot more than Josh did.

Still absolutely gutted, but if we had to lose, at least it was in a game that will be talked about for the right reasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

1 second off the clock with better field position for KC. Wrong answer.

why better field position. Teams kick short because you usually get there quicker and tackle before the 25 yard line. Unless they down it where they catch it, it's more than 1 second.

• Like (+1) 1

People saying to fire McD need to stop the madness. Remember how everyone used to crap all over Andy Reid saying he can't win the big game; how he always screws up a big play in a big game? Look at him now.

McD is the present and the future of this franchise. Yeh, they should've squibbed it. And yeh, they played the last 13 seconds poorly defensively. We're still lucky to have him. This hurts but I wouldn't want any other HC for this team.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

You could have literally tackled their receivers and taken the holding calls 4 times instead of letting them run free underneath. 

Said the squib kick at the time!

Said that a minute later!

FFS, McD even called TOs where he could have told them- TACKLE Kelce & Hill when the ball gets snapped!

Man I had some time to think after this tough loss and calm down.

1. Mcd really messed this game up. The punt on 4th and short. The decision not to squib kick. Just horrible .

2. Frazier. See above ^. Brutal performance by our DC.

3. Josh is such an amazing player. I will still say he's the best QB in the league, I know I'm biased

At the end of the day?

Tough loss. But we got an elite, elite QB.

Go Bills 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.