Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

I should say while I continue to complain about that Defensive coaching debacle that...We have Josh Freaking Allen...And as long as we have that dude we are going to be in it EVERY year...Because that kid is so ridiculously good...And he has not peaked folks...Not yet...

Go Bills...B-)

True but we have Tyrod Taylor as a coaching staff. Looks good vs bad teams but put them in a pressure situation against a good team and watch the meltdown 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm talking about tonights game.  Epenesa made at least a couple of plays.  Addison did nothing.  Addison made a few plays over the course of the season you're right but he hardly played up to his contract and I'm not sure one of the rookies couldn't have totaled 6 sacks if they had played as many snaps as Addison.

Why are you wasting your time defending any of these players. They were terrible when it counted. Epenesa didn’t have any contributions as an edge rusher as  well as the rest of the D-line. We lost the game because the Chiefs scored at will. Don't talk about living up to contracts. He's gone next year. This team does not scare any good offenses with the defense we showed in the biggest game of the season. 

Jesus Christ. I need a Xanax after that.

Notes:

• Allen is a warrior.
  • Though the Bills had the best statistical defense in the league this year, I always took that ranking with a grain of salt. The strength of schedule this year was weak, and it contributed to this ranking. Coming into tonight I wasn't expecting the Bills to hold the Chiefs under ~27, but what I saw out there was not acceptable. They fell apart. You cannot allow Kelce to make that catch and have KC tie it up at the end. That just cannot happen. They rushed too many and Kelce was wide open anyways.
    • Numerous plays Mahomes found receivers wide open -- far too many blown coverages. I understand Hill and Kelce are great, but there should at least be someone *near* them.
  • Daboll's playcalling through the first three quarters of the game was about a 4/10. There was no creativity or savvyness behind it. It looked very much like the AFC championship last game -- as if they were playing scared. It shouldn't take 3 quarters to realize that Singletary running up the middle on first and second down for 2 yards is a waste of a down. Especially when Tyrann Mathieu is injured. Too many drives came down to Allen running for it on third or fourth down. That is not a sustainable way to win football games.
    • This isn't Daboll's fault but the offensive line looked pretty weak again. Not as bad as last year vs. the Chiefs but not where they should have been.
  • I won't beat a dead horse with the squib kick, frankly I think that could go either way -- Pringle is a hell of a return man. I probably would have done the squib, but had they played better in other parts of the game this wouldn't be so much of a debate.
  • Where were Diggs, Knox, and Sanders? I swear KC's secondary isn't all that great...

The third time will be the charm. The Bills will beat the Chiefs in the playoffs next year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly he's right, people are going to say Mahomes got the win and drove down just like Josh, but what I remember is Mahomes WR/TEs being wide open. Josh made some ***** crazy throws tonight.

Mahomes has the advantage of Reid as his HC.  They do not waste whole series trying to be a genius.  They go after your weaknesses.  Sound familiar?  Dabol has glaringly bad play calls.  Bills took too long to exploit the beat up secondary of KC.  

• Agree 4

I guess we aren't as screwed as the other teams that lost this weekend. 

Packers are absolutely screwed with their cap situation and Rogers on his way out. 

Titans are going nowhere with Tannehill

Bucs are getting old. Not sure what happens with that roster. 

All I could think of after watching KC win is why cant we have nice things? One championship ? I know you have to make your own karma but how long does it take to get a lucky break with this team? 1 piece of luck tonight? Like maybe one of the Bills DBs or lineman picking up a fumble or getting a sack? maybe turning around and intercepting it on that last drive?

None of my other teams in any sport has teased me like the Bills just to allow the dagger to the heart, over and over.  My apologies for the sucky melancholy but I hate this constant post mortem every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Completely disagree on this take. It was obvious he knew coaching decisions cost the team. Was big of him to say, “it’s on me” multiple times instead of directly throwing anyone under the bus. Don’t know if I could have done the same. 

His press conference was a p*ssy show. He didn’t answer any of the tough questions 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

I guess we aren't as screwed as the other teams that lost this weekend. 

Packers are absolutely screwed with their cap situation and Rogers on his way out. 

Titans are going nowhere with Tannehill

Bucs are getting old. Not sure what happens with that roster. 

Not screwed at all Josh is here the next decade plus.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

The coach could have made a decision that would have sealed the victory...he blew what was Josh's crowning moment, and we are once again the Bills that blew it

He gets next season to win it

If he doesn't...send him packing. This team is too good to let him make calls that lose playoff games and rob Allen of his moment 

You know, I don't hate this general idea that McD has to get his team past the Chiefs next season. Sometimes new coaching can help an otherwise talented team break through old paradigms. But I'm not eager to see the franchise led by anyone else. McD has built a perennial winner (in large part due to the QB, but that's always the case in the NFL).

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly he's right, people are going to say Mahomes got the win and drove down just like Josh, but what I remember is Mahomes WR/TEs being wide open. Josh made some ***** crazy throws tonight.

Josh left it all on the field tonight. Minus the crap run, run, run play calls, who knows what he could've done tonight. 

1) Why not squib it?

2) Why not drop 11 defenders back w/ :13 left? 
3) How can Hill & Kelce be so free off the line at the end?

4) Where were Diggs & Knox?

Other than those questions, I cannot help but be optimistic about this team. Gut punch loss that sucks. No two ways about it.

But we have not only a franchise QB - we have easily a top 2-5 QB in the league. Stacked young roster. Amazing organization.

Nothing stopping the Buffalo Bills from being Super Bowl contenders the next 10+ years. 

Next season the AFC goes through Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.