Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Because KC would not have tried to return a kick. They would have called fair catch (0 seconds off the clock) or grab and kneel and lose 1 second.

If it is squibbed not so - even an onside kick runs a few seconds off.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

McDermott refusing to answer questions substantively about the final 13 seconds of the game and a series of critical decisions made by the coaching staff.

Not a good look IMO.

yeah its almost as if he doesnt want to throw his kicker under the bus if he himself kicked it too deep? Its an explanation unless he's just salty and knows he could have conceivably handled that call better

7 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I’m not too hard on D. By the end, lost steam. White missing messes with a lot

550 yards against no turnovers. Give up 45 yards in 9 seconds in the end of the game. Not too hard on the D. How bad do they have to be before you are upset with them?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because KC would not have tried to return a kick. They would have called fair catch (0 seconds off the clock) or grab and kneel and lose 1 second.

That’s why you high kick it to the ten, if they fair catch it they had 15 more yards to go if they don’t tyey eat up 5 seconds 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think I can watch any sports shows this week talking about how great those 2 throws to wide open Hill and Kelce were in the 13 seconds. He has great players around him making great plays. Not saying he doesn't make great plays, but he gets way too much credit for his team making plays and out running the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, london_bills said:

It's not as black and white as that. It comes down to whether you take bpa or draft for need. It hasn't panned out so far with rousseau/basham. 

BPA or need doesn't dictate us drafting offense.  I'm not saying draft defense but I'm not saying not to draft defense either.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Rousseau or Basham play much better with Hughes and/or Addison gone after having a season under their belts.  I'd go far as to say they were better than Hughes or Addison tonight.  They aren't beating their blockers though and that's what we need.  I don't care if we get a FA or keep drafting but we need  a legit play making pass rusher.

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

I think at the very least you HAVE to check Hill and Kelce...If they try to beat you elsewhere you can still have plenty in coverage if they only rush 3...

They just...Ugh...They literally did the worst possible thing they could Defending that situation...You can't get that many yards in 13 seconds without the Defense making mistakes...Just unacceptable...B-)

I'll never understand the play calling mindset that says, yeah, let's leave pro bowl receivers wide open 15 yds downfield, especially when the Chiefs still had timeouts. If they were out, that's one thing, but what we watched was inexcusable. That's amateur hour level coaching. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You jam receivers at the line, making it take longer to get downfield and throwing off timing. To let receivers run free and wide open 15 yds down field is simply unbelievable. 

JAM THEM?

YOU TACKLE THEM! There were only 13 ticks left total! Let Mahomes throw a 60 yard Hail Mary with 2 ticks!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because KC would not have tried to return a kick. They would have called fair catch (0 seconds off the clock) or grab and kneel and lose 1 second. Or if they kicked it say inside the 10, you let the ball roll into the end zone. Touchback. No time lost.

let them have the ball hit the ground and roll around. I doubt they risk that.  You don't let a high kick land on the field at the 10 yard line. Too risky that it bounces back and we recover.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

BPA or need doesn't dictate us drafting offense.  I'm not saying draft defense but I'm not saying not to draft defense either.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Rousseau or Basham play much better with Hughes and/or Addison gone after having a season under their belts.  I'd go far as to say they were better than Hughes or Addison tonight.  They aren't beating their blockers though and that's what we need.  I don't care if we get a FA or keep drafting but we need  a legit play making pass rusher.

I agree we need to be able to stop Mahomes and they weren't getting there 

I am completely heartbroken, and I am deeply proud of this team. Two things can be true. 

I feel like the D let us down, but 1.) that’s where Tre might’ve made the difference, and 2.) what were they supposed to do, really? That’s one of the best games I’ve seen Mahomes play, and Andy Reid is arguably the best offensive mind in NFL history. There’s no shame in getting beat by them. Doesn’t make it hurt any less, but we can still hold our heads high. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.