Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Josh left it all on the field tonight. Minus the crap run, run, run play calls, who knows what he could've done tonight. 

I mean that drive we’re all criticizing we got it down to a 3rd and 1 and kc gave us a good look to run on we just missed a block.  How many times did we punt tonight twice? 

The coaching in the last 13 seconds was the equivalent of JPs play against the Jets.   It was that bad.   From the no squib,  to the no jams at the line.    It was the coaching staff finding a way to lose.   Its a friggin shame with what Josh and the offense did.   Cant feel confident with a lead and 13 seconds.   Amazing.

• Like (+1) 2

To me, this loss was the worst. Worse than wide right worse than music city miracle. 

We had this game won. It wasn't down to 1 play where things went sideways.  This loss took a series of mistakes, starting from the decision to kick it deep, to letting receivers running wide open 15 yards downfield. 

You really have to try to lose a game like this and amateur hour play calling did exactly that. 

• Like (+1) 3

I just don't understand how you waste 2 timeouts and come up with the idea to guard against the sidelines instead of guarding the player when the team has timeouts. I just don't under stand. We needed Josh to hold the ball for the final play instead of scoring with 13 seconds left I feel really bad for him. 

4 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I feel sick for the offense.  They did everything possible to win and were let down by coaches and defense. 

That's all you can say. As devastated as we all are, I'm so sick over how amazing Josh and Gabe played. And what a coaching and defensive embarrassment (yes Sully) we watched that last 13 seconds.  Pop the damn kick up and force them to burn 4-5 seconds. 

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

The coaching in the last 13 seconds was the equivalent of JPs play against the Jets.   It was that bad.   From the no squib,  to the no jams at the line.    It was the coaching staff finding a way to lose.   Its a friggin shame with what Josh and the offense did.   Cant feel confident with a lead and 13 seconds.   Amazing.

Grab Kelce and Hill at the line and drag them to the ground. 5 yard penalty. Do it again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bronxbomber21 said:

I just don't understand how you waste 2 timeouts and come up with the idea to guard against the sidelines instead of guarding the player when the team has timeouts. I just don't under stand. We needed Josh to hold the ball for the final play instead of scoring with 13 seconds left I feel really bad for him. 

If you have the TD you take it, no matter how much time is left.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean that drive we’re all criticizing we got it down to a 3rd and 1 and kc gave us a good look to run on we just missed a block.  How many times did we punt tonight twice? 

Are you referencing the 3rd and 2 call to Singletary running left, which was stuffed by Bolton? I swear to effing god it was obvious to me and everyone at my house that Nick effing Bolton was NOT out there to cover Gabriel Davis in the slot, as his alignment seemed to suggest, and that he even twitched towards the LOS before the snap and gave himself away, and yet STILL the play went into his waiting arms. 

No shame in this loss. The boys played their hearts out in what, in my opinion, is one of the best (maybe top 3) playoff games I've seen in my 45 years of watching NFL football (Dolphins/Chargers '82; the Comeback). It's one of those games that it is a shame anyone had to lose. I love the meme of "Cancelling the playoffs and having a best of seven series between Buffalo and KC for the Super Bowl."

Once each of these teams (Buf/KC) learned to combat the cover/shell defenses this year, Allen's and Mahomes' games both went up a level. These offenses are at historic levels with these two guys. Look at what each of these offenses did down the stretch and in the playoffs. So, you have to realize that both defenses were completely gassed by the fourth quarter. They held each other to 14 points at the half, but by the end of the third quarter, each offense started to impose its will on the opposing, tired defense. Sure I wanted more out of our defense, but Patrick Mahomes and that offense are just special. It's not like we were playing a bunch of scrubs.

You can blame the defense, or the coaching, or whatever. But that's how these games go. One more play...by anyone at any time and it goes the other way. It's tough to swallow. If the coin came up tails and we got the ball first in OT, etc., etc.

But just think, about six weeks ago many on this board thought the season was over. New England is back and have the lead in the AFC East. This sucks. 

Then we got to watch the Bills find their Mojo, rattle off five straight victories, win the AFC East, trash the Patriots in the playoffs with a perfect game, and watch Josh Allen ascend to undoubtable legend in one of the greatest playoff games ever.

It's painful now, but let's not forget how fun the ride has been. And it's not over...we have Josh Allen!

All year, this has felt like the 1989 season, including now a loss in the divisional round. Big things are still to come...keep the faith! And Go Bills! 

"Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton, 
"I am hurt, but I am not slain; 
I'll lay me down and bleed a while, 
And then I'll rise and fight again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We punted on a 4th and inches, which only changed field position by like 25 yards. Josh wanted to go and McD played it safe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1

This is not I’m done with the bills, but I’ve been a fan in Mississippi for 35 years with no one to talk Bills football so thanks for all the Buffalo news and info on this board, but this was a hard one to swallow I will talk to y’all next draft, really thanks for everything this is all I have to get close to Buffalo. Be safe out there and GO Bills. 

• Like (+1) 6

The defense on that 13 sec drive was absolutely infuriating. The Bills worked so hard for their points and then just concede open field to the Chiefs. 13 seconds. They just had to play defense for a couple plays.  They should have buried him and ended the game emphatically.     Instead they play 30 yards deep and just gift wrap the Chiefs 3 points. Disgusting. Embarrassing lack of courage by the coaches. Josh miraculously pulls off 2 amazing drives under constant pressure, with KC not conceding an inch. Then the coaches just gutlessly give it away to Mahomes. Mahomes is now the hero, the 13 second drive is now legend, and he didn't even have to do anything except throw to wide open guys while under no pressure.

What a way to wreck a phenomenal effort and performance. 

• Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Is something wrong with the offense?

Yes - their guards are bad.  They also have no elite speed other than their 5th WR McKenzie.

Zero 1st round draft picks on offense other than Allen - if it looks like he's doing it all himself out there, it's because he is.  If you want to count Diggs as a 1st since that's what the Bills paid for him, fine - how did he look tonight?  Anything like Hill?  How elite has he been all season, honestly?

Meanwhile the roster currently has SIX!!! 1st round picks (not all theirs) on defense.  If they can't get it done it's on the coaches, not the effort from the GM.

[Hughes, Lotoulelei, White, Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau]

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Turk71 said:

The defense on that 13 sec drive was absolutely infuriating. The Bills worked so hard for their points and then just concede open field to the Chiefs. 13 seconds. They just had to play defense for a couple plays.  They should have buried him and ended the game emphatically.     Instead they play 30 yards deep and just gift wrap the Chiefs 3 points. Disgusting. Embarrassing lack of courage by the coaches. Josh miraculously pulls off 2 amazing drives under constant pressure, with KC not conceding an inch. Then the coaches just gutlessly give it away to Mahomes. Mahomes is now the hero, the 13 second drive is now legend, and he didn't even have to do anything except throw to wide open guys while under no pressure.

What a way to wreck a phenomenal effort and performance. 

it was like they played in no man’s land. Not playing tight, not playing prevent. It was very weird. 

17 minutes ago, klumzyfule66 said:

I don't disagree with squibbing there (I was okay with it at the time, as I figured Tyreek was back there), but if teams usually get there quicker and tackle before the 25 yard line, then why doesn't every team do that every kick off?

Probably because touchbacks are easy and safe. We've done it before, it's a situational decision.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.