Will the Titans go after Mitch Trubisky?

notwoz

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/the-titans-emerge-as-a-potential-aaron-rodgers-suitor/

Sounds like there might be some interest between Rodgers and Tennessee.

ugh. I hope not. That would suck! Titans could be a juggernaut with Rodgers.

Yeah, this would suck. Putting Rodgers with Derrick Henry? Then they have Julio and AJ Brown @ WR. It would be one of the best offenses he's ever had around him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/23/2022 at 4:48 PM, Warcodered said:

They're going to run Henry into the ground until they collapse.

Please do that.......because he's practically run into the ground already.........that 2020 workload took the starch out of him even before his injury this year.

If they were smart they'd cut Henry,  save $9M........and give a nice cheap 2 year deal to D'Onta Foreman before they lose him in UFA this winter.

On a modest deal the 235# Foreman would look nice in the Bills backfield(assuming they stay with more of  the run game design they used late season).    

• Agree 1

Does anybody really think Trubisky would’ve come here for $2m if he had significantly better offers out there?  The best he can hope for right now is somebody gives him a chance to compete for a starting job.  Nobody is bringing him in as a replacement for their current starter or as a clear cut starter.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Does anybody really think Trubisky would’ve come here for $2m if he had significantly better offers out there?  The best he can hope for right now is somebody gives him a chance to compete for a starting job.  Nobody is bringing him in as a replacement for their current starter or as a clear cut starter.  

He may of done it just to get a rest and retuning after multiple seasons with many sacks and hits.

Sitting out would earn him nothing and he would not get NFL level coaching and practices.

System with Bears was really bad.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I think Mitch goes with Daboll

I doubt it.  Daboll needs one of two things to happen:

1) Danny Dimes turns out to be a piece he can build on

2) Danny Dimes can't be saved, and they need to move on and invest in a new QB

Either way, he needs Jones to play.  And while he's playing Jones, he gets a mulligan on the season

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don't think Trubisky is a likely replacement for Tannehill.  I don't know if they move on from Tannehill, but while he had a meltdown in the playoffs, he actually played pretty well the rest of the season - better than Trubisky showed.

I think the offers Trubisky had were to compete as a starter.

I think there are some teams now who are cap-limited and not drafting high, who don't have an incumbent starter and who might immediately contend with Trubisky.   The Steelers are one.  Maybe 3 others.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, this would suck. Putting Rodgers with Derrick Henry? Then they have Julio and AJ Brown @ WR. It would be one of the best offenses he's ever had around him. 

Yeah for sure. We already struggle against Tennessee with Tannehill. There’s already enough top QBs in the damn AFC. It would not be fun having to go through Mahomes + Rodgers in the playoffs. (+ Burrow, Herbert, etc).

The only issue would be cap space. Not sure what the dead cap for Tannehill would be like. Probably less if they traded him.

I probably should have started a new thread to discuss this instead of bumping this old Trubisky thread. It’s a totally different topic than trubisky to Tennessee (which I don’t see as realistic). 

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.