Will the Titans go after Mitch Trubisky?

notwoz

On 1/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, KHAN said:

I don't think Mitch walks in anywhere as the default starter. My guess is he chooses from teams that offer him a chance to compete for it.

The following teams have no viable starting QB:

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

Carolina

Denver

Now some will trade for or draft a QB, but if Mitch wants to come in as a starter, these 5 teams are his best shot as of today.  

Then there are teams that might be looking for competition at the starter's job:

Houston

Indianapolis

Detroit

Washington

NYG (although Daboll has SAID he believes in D. Jones)  

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

He also had that year when he won the Super Bowl and was SB MVP.  That was a pretty good year. 

Yeah, 11 years ago

2011 - 15-1 and lost to the Giants in the divisional round 

2012 - Lost to 49ers in divisional round

2013 - Lost in wild card rd

2014 - Lost in NFCCG after Seattle had a huge comeback

2015 - Lost in Divisional Rd to Cardinals

2016 - Lost to Atlanta in NCFCG

17/18 Missed playoffs

2019 - Lost in NFCCG

2020 - Lost in NFCCG at home when Brady threw 3 4th Quarter INTs

2021 - Lost in Divisional Round

On 1/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, JohnNord said:

I don’t think this happens in 2022.  Only because Vrabel seems to love the way that the offense runs through Derrick Henry.  When the running game is rolling Tannehill is actually very good baiting teams with play action.  AJ Brown is also coming into his own as a WR.  

I think they write off the playoff loss and the season to injury and run in back with Tannehill for one more year at least

The question is, how long can Henry sustain the wear and tear? 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah, 11 years ago

2011 - 15-1 and lost to the Giants in the divisional round 

2012 - Lost to 49ers in divisional round

2013 - Lost in wild card rd

2014 - Lost in NFCCG after Seattle had a huge comeback

2015 - Lost in Divisional Rd to Cardinals

2016 - Lost to Atlanta in NCFCG

17/18 Missed playoffs

2019 - Lost in NFCCG

2020 - Lost in NFCCG at home when Brady threw 3 4th Quarter INTs

2021 - Lost in Divisional Round

It’s a team game - and I seem to remember Rodgers playing very well in most of them.  I wouldn’t put those losses all on his shoulders any more than I’d do that to Allen.  I’m not blaming Allen for this year’s playoff loss to KC.  Are you?

On 1/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, JohnNord said:

I don’t think this happens in 2022.  Only because Vrabel seems to love the way that the offense runs through Derrick Henry.  When the running game is rolling Tannehill is actually very good baiting teams with play action.  AJ Brown is also coming into his own as a WR.  

I think they write off the playoff loss and the season to injury and run in back with Tannehill for one more year at least

Tannehill was disgraceful in that playoff game. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Titans just signed Tannehill to a big contract. He's a $38M cap hit this year, $57.4M dead cap hit if they move him.

I think they are locked in with Tannehill.

Yup.  And they're over the cap by almost $9M.  Not gonna happen.

The more I think of Rodgers and GB I think the actual factor that will determine if he wants out is what will happen with Davonte Adams.

Why would Adams sign an extension in GB if he knows Rodgers is leaving?  Reports I've read is he's going to get the franchise tag.   Potentially.   

The more I think of this, I can't see how the Packers can play the 2022 under a cloud of "this is it last ride we're headed for QB purgatory after this season."  

So to me....yea I think his best situation is GB with Adams but I'm not sure the Packers are going to sign up for this.  They might.  But they can get assets now.  Not in 2023.  And if you trade Rodgers you lose Adams.  

I think if Rodgers goes anywhere it's to Denver for Bridgewater or Lock, Jeudy, and 2 firsts.  Which would be better then going to Tennesse - going to be tough for Rodgers Herbert and Mahomes to make the playoffs and if they do one could be playing the other.  Whatever.  

Edited by Big Blitz

On 1/24/2022 at 3:02 AM, notwoz said:

Tannehill doesn't seem to be the answer for the team.

Tannehill has been fine for them.  People don't give him as much credit as he deserves.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Adding Trubisky wouldn't change that list

Trubisky would be really good with Tampa Bay and its star studded offense.  That line will give him the necessary protection and those WRs are really great.

34 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Tannehill has been fine for them.  People don't give him as much credit as he deserves.  

Trubisky would be really good with Tampa Bay and its star studded offense.  That line will give him the necessary protection and those WRs are really great.

That line got Brady lit up in the playoffs.  No one will confuse Trubisky with Brady.

Trubisky has had one somewhat above mediocre season in his career..years sgo

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Please no Rodgers to Tenn or in Indy for that matter. Stay in the NFC AA-Ron.

IF he’s not in Green Bay, he will almost certainly be in the AFC. The Packers are not stupid. Maybe the best option is Denver so he can beat the Chiefs and Raiders once or twice a year. Let them cannibalize themselves, and let the playoffs run through Orchard Park. Take advantage of home playoff games like the Pats* did for so many years. 

If im Rodgers im going to San Fran or Tampa. The AFC is loaded with QBs and would be a lot harder to make the Superbowl in the American conference. San Francisco should have made it to the Superbowl except Garrapolo has bone head interceptions, if Rodgers is there they could be lethal and he would finally have a team around him instead of being the one man gang.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.