Jump to content

51-3 in AFC Championship. What happened next was a travesty. Let's avoid that.


Recommended Posts

When the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3, they were on top of the world.  They were cocky and had perhaps too much swagger.  They only had a week to prepare for the Super Bowl, and they allegedly took a lot of that time having fun and going to parties.  We know what happened.

 

I'm confident that the Bills have already moved past the Patriots game....as great as that was, that means very little when it comes to the next opponent.  They will have to work their tails off and be humble.  They played a perfect game, just like the Oakland AFC Championship game, but they need to be careful not to get wrapped up in reading how great they were last Saturday.

 

Right now that game means nothing.  Of course, in the history of the franchise, it was as sweet as it gets.

 

Get ready, boys.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess maybe write the Bills a letter...........there isn't anything we can do about their focus here.    Floating it out there against THIS hated opponent feels goofily superstitious/fatalistic.

 

Remember that those 1990 season Bills were the largest favorite in SB history going into SB XXV.............everyone had assumed that advancing to the SB would mean playing the two-time defending SB champion 49ers so when the seemingly low-powered Giants upset them and became the opponent  there was an almost natural let down to boot.

 

This is different..........the Bills are a road underdog playing the AFC SB favorite..........the team that was the Vegas favorite to win this year's SB already just moments after they lost the last one..........and most importantly, the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

 

The potential for a let down would probably be an AFC title game against the Bengals.......I'll take my chances against a young, inexperienced roster playing at Buffalo though..............and even the Titans should bring out the vengeance in the Bills in the next round.

 

I love this matchup for the same reason I loved drawing the Patriots.........the potential for let down is low and the sweetness of victory could be astronomical.

 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josh and especially Stefon will not let that locker room forget how they felt after the afcc game. They will be focused and ready. And no one is expecting a perfect game. Both sides will make mistakes. The Bills will prevail by a slim margin. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I guess maybe write the Bills a letter...........there isn't anything we can do about their focus here.    Floating it out there against THIS hated opponent feels goofily superstitious/fatalistic.

 

Remember that those 1990 season Bills were the largest favorite in SB history going into SB XXV.............everyone had assumed that advancing to the SB would mean playing the two-time defending SB champion 49ers so when the seemingly low-powered Giants upset them and became the opponent  there was an almost natural let down to boot.

 

This is different..........the Bills are a road underdog playing the AFC SB favorite..........the team that was the Vegas favorite to win this year's SB already just moments after they lost the last one..........and most importantly, the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

 

The potential for a let down would probably be an AFC title game against the Bengals.......I'll take my chances against a young, inexperienced roster playing at Buffalo though..............and even the Titans should bring out the vengeance in the Bills in the next round.

 

I love this matchup for the same reason I loved drawing the Patriots.........the potential for let down is low and the sweetness of victory could be astronomical.

 

100% this.  Every day for the past year this entire franchise has been focused on getting back to this moment and a post season face off with the Chiefs.  The idea that the Bills are sleep walking into a return trip to Arrowhead because they won a wild card game is just preposterous.  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

100% this.  Every day for the past year this entire franchise has been focused on getting back to this moment and a post season face off with the Chiefs.  The idea that the Bills are sleep walking into a return trip to Arrowhead because they won a wild card game is just preposterous.  

That was my hope; they will see this as just winning a wild card game.  It was probably a bigger game, emotionally, for the fans than the team.  
 

Next!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I was just thinking. We're going to have to rename more streets. We need an intersection of Poyer and Hyde....

 

Go Bills!

Bad idea.  They'd have to put up a brick wall so nothing could get by.

4 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

When the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3, they were on top of the world.  They were cocky and had perhaps too much swagger.  They only had a week to prepare for the Super Bowl, and they allegedly took a lot of that time having fun and going to parties.  We know what happened.

 

I'm confident that the Bills have already moved past the Patriots game....as great as that was, that means very little when it comes to the next opponent.  They will have to work their tails off and be humble.  They played a perfect game, just like the Oakland AFC Championship game, but they need to be careful not to get wrapped up in reading how great they were last Saturday.

 

Right now that game means nothing.  Of course, in the history of the franchise, it was as sweet as it gets.

 

Get ready, boys.

Most of the team wasn't even born when Parcells/Belichick beat that earlier team.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

When the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3, they were on top of the world.  They were cocky and had perhaps too much swagger.  They only had a week to prepare for the Super Bowl, and they allegedly took a lot of that time having fun and going to parties.  We know what happened.

 

I'm confident that the Bills have already moved past the Patriots game....as great as that was, that means very little when it comes to the next opponent.  They will have to work their tails off and be humble.  They played a perfect game, just like the Oakland AFC Championship game, but they need to be careful not to get wrapped up in reading how great they were last Saturday.

 

Right now that game means nothing.  Of course, in the history of the franchise, it was as sweet as it gets.

 

Get ready, boys.

We got beat by the cheater coach. Recall how many defenders would go down on field have to be almost carried off only to return a play or two later.  This is how BB slowed the K Gun.   Plus that team partied like crazy before the SB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This version of the Bills will not lose because they took the Chiefs lightly or were over-confident.  This team appears to be driven.  Lots of guys with chips on their shoulders, real or imaginary out to prove everybody wrong and to tell their detractors to shove it.  Like Allen, the QB that would never be a franchise type player and Diggs the WR that was a locker room problem and bad teammate.  They put away the Patriots so just check off one item on the to-do list.  Next checkbox is the Chiefs in the playoffs.  

Its been said Beane has built the roster to beat the Chiefs.  Well this is it right here.  I'm pretty confident they got it going on for Sunday.  I think the Chiefs bring it too but the Bills are peaking at the right time here.  Its no runaway but the Bills live to play another week.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...