1/16/22 - Around the NFL - NFL Super Wildcard Weekend 1:05 ET - Eagles at Bucs

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Blaine Gabbert fascinates me. 11 year NFL career despite never being anything other than awful. I mean, EJ Manuel objectively is a better QB and he was done after 5 years.

I wonder if a guy like EJ was just over the NFL, and didn’t  want to stick around anymore.

Gabbert could also in theory be good in meetings, scout team, etc which is critical for backups QBs. That’s most likely why he’s stuck around so long because he’s not around for his play.

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Both 7 seeds are the only two teams that feel like they really don't belong in the playoffs.  Not a great look for that rule change so far.

It wasn't done for competitive reasons. It was to create more playoff games and generate more revenue.

I am assuming the NFL views it as a massive success.

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Both 7 seeds are the only two teams that feel like they really don't belong in the playoffs.  Not a great look for that rule change so far.

Not sure how it was ever a god look when the 6th seed in the NFL has been a 7 win team ever other year. 

6 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Diluted the competition for the sake of another game.  I never liked the idea but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Not sure how it was ever a god look when the 6th seed in the NFL has been a 7 win team ever other year. 

The real problem is that there are not enough really good teams to go around to make for an interesting post season.

Of course they don't want to lose playoff revenue, but the playoffs should be a pair of semi-finals in each conference IMO, then a conference championship, then the SB.

I.E., Seeds 1-4 in each conference make the payoffs, no one else.

And seed them randomly with a draw too!

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Blaine Gabbert fascinates me. 11 year NFL career despite never being anything other than awful. I mean, EJ Manuel objectively is a better QB and he was done after 5 years.

Blaine Gabbert is actually pretty good as a backup. Arians said he is the most underrated player in NFL.

For only 2M he is quite a bargain.  

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/?p=45019

8 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don’t know.   The 6 seed got murdered on live tv last night.  We’ll see how the Steelers do.   Colts/Chargers didn’t even make it. 

NFC is top heavy but the AFC had 8 playoff worthy teams, plus the Steelers. 

Just now, gregmo said:

It felt like Brady wants to match or better what Allen did yesterday?  At least they got a FG in the middle.

To be honest, I think that's more a fan sentiment. 

I'm sure he's trying to play each snap as best as he can, as he does in all games, and as pretty much all pro football players do on every play in every game.

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Styles make fights.

True!  But I don't really see a style here.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know.   The 6 seed got murdered on live tv last night.  We’ll see how the Steelers do.   Colts/Chargers didn’t even make it. 

NFC is top heavy but the AFC had 8 playoff worthy teams, plus the Steelers. 

I did sort of forget about the Colts.  Still, the AFC was an anomaly of parity this season and still didn't end up with 7 worthy teams that made it.  I'll say this - once they inevitably dilute it to 50% of teams making the playoffs it's really going to suck.

8 minutes ago, gregmo said:

It felt like Brady wants to match or better what Allen did yesterday?  At least they got a FG in the middle.

He's that kind of guy.  Reminds me of when Andre caught 15 passes against Green Bay and then Jerry Rice went out in the late game and caught 16, just because.  So I have no doubt Brady wanted to do just that.

But whatever.  Brady could throw for more TDs and more yards (against a worse team, in better weather) and it still wouldn't come close to what Josh did yesterday.  He's already had more incompletions, and two drives so far haven't ended in TDs, and it's only the first half.

Edited by BRH

Colts or Chargers would murder this Eagles team. Despite Hurts having decent fantasy stats, he's just not a good NFL QB. The Eagles were a totally different team when Minshew was at QB, I'm surprised they didn't give him another shot.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.