How Long will Bill Belichick Remain Coaching?

Nextmanup

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I was off on the 50. Turns out I'm told it be 39. Pats could reasonably average 8-10 wins a season so 4-5 is more likely IMO.

Don’t forget it also includes any playoff wins.. so that’s why I thought 4…

also you were off because it was 49 before the year started so 50 was close then. :) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t understand why either him nor Brady wouldn’t want to spend this time with their families. Brady has young kids and Bilicheck has grandkids. 

BB has two of his kids on staff with NE and he doesn’t spend as much time as he use to in the office.. a lot of people say he has chilled out the last few years..  39 wins I say 4 years… especially since I see Dolphins regressing AGAIN.. so have 4 easy division wins between them and Jets.. 

Belichick and Nick Saban are very close friends for more than 40 years. They both also happen to be Croatian, a strange coincidence. 

Saban says that he has been part of a team for 60 or so years and will continue to coach until he thinks that he is hurting his team. I am 100% sure that the two of them have talked it over, and I am guessing that Belichick feels the same way. 

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes and I think he will push money out to put the best players he can get around him.  Making trades and using some future picks too.

It's just my opinion.  He went nuts in FA this year (something he never has really done before) and he will again this coming year I believe.

I hear ya, but unless you have a QB, it just doesn’t matter. Not to mention, Belichick isn’t the best talent evaluator. I don’t think because Belichick pick Jones it means Jones is good. Honestly, Belichick’s track record says just the opposite. At best Jones is 50/50 at being a good, not great, starter. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t understand why either him nor Brady wouldn’t want to spend this time with their families. Brady has young kids and Bilicheck has grandkids. 

have you been around kids? Or seen bills son specifically? You’d stick to coaching. 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hear ya, but unless you have a QB, it just doesn’t matter. Not to mention, Belichick isn’t the best talent evaluator. I don’t think because Belichick pick Jones it means Jones is good. Honestly, Belichick’s track record says just the opposite. At best Jones is 50/50 at being a good, not great, starter. 

Anyone who has a long coaching career going have stints where drafting is bad. BB Definitely had that, but the last two draft classes show some promise (Dugger,Owenu, Uche,Jones,Barmore, Stevenson and more)if he has a third good draft the Pats should have a good young core. I don’t know if Jones be a Good, Bad, or great QB but I have faith he and McDaniels will get the most out of him. 

actually he is pretty decent with FA and trades, those usually work..not always but again a long coaching career be like that. (I mean Welker, Moss trades were great, heck trading for Van Noy even..has a few duds)

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.