Daboll if you are listening...double moves will work this week!!

Hebert19

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So that covers the X and Y coordinate.  What about the Z? What if the defense gets TALLER?  Hmmm?

Idk but I always told Coach.. when we're on the goal line.. why don't we get a little person and put them in the backfield

Snap him the ball and have your running back literally pick them up and throw them over the goal line... That sounds like a Z coordinate to me 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Listening to the Pats players and coaches this week tells me their biggest concern is Josh on the move.  So much so that Dugger said you can't take your eyes off him.  I think they will he coached up to keep eyes in backfield a lot...especially safties and linebackers.  

I think it will set up the pump fake and double moves a lot.   Just my 2 cents.  

Any other thoughts on how to attack this D?

My other one is stretch them horizontally.  Their D is good but they aren't the fastest most athletic D so making them play sideline to sideline will also open up this O.  

The internets are silent.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Idk but I always told Coach.. when we're on the goal line.. why don't we get a little person and put them in the backfield

Snap him the ball and have your running back literally pick them up and throw them over the goal line... That sounds like a Z coordinate to me 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Listening to the Pats players and coaches this week tells me their biggest concern is Josh on the move.  So much so that Dugger said you can't take your eyes off him.  I think they will he coached up to keep eyes in backfield a lot...especially safties and linebackers.  

My other one is stretch them horizontally.  Their D is good but they aren't the fastest most athletic D so making them play sideline to sideline will also open up this O.  

I expect a route, maybe two, per game where Josh and his WR aren't on the same page.  I hope they fix whatever the bad reads were by both in last weekends games.

Diggs needs to finish his routes, hard, and let the officials call their games.

The only other suggestion from me, and this doesn't need to be said, because I know our WRs know this better than anyone - when Josh is scrambling, find the open space.  All of you, find the open spot on the field.  Josh will find you.

Oh, and one more via edit for giggles.  Diggs says you can't catch Josh in your chest, because it hurts, especially when it's cold.  You gotta use your hands :) 

Edited by Pokebball

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just to be an ass, I don't think there's a coordinator alive who doesn't try to stretch the defense horizontally and vertically lol 

Those are the only two ways to stretch a defense hahahah

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So that covers the X and Y coordinate.  What about the Z? What if the defense gets TALLER?  Hmmm?

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just to be an ass, I don't think there's a coordinator alive who doesn't try to stretch the defense horizontally and vertically lol 

Those are the only two ways to stretch a defense hahahah 

You don't stretch them out by running backwards 🤣

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The Bills are gonna throw everyone for a loop and stretch them diagonally. 5D chess. 

This was going to be my smart-ass remark.  You beat me to it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

What on Earth have you seen this season to make you think that this OLine can protect longer developing plays with any reliability whatsoever?

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Josh throws a lousy deep ball and Bills don’t have a deep ball wr… trenches and intermediate pass game. 

should be a win if they don’t get delusions of grandeur 

Belicheat was very clear after game #2. He said he regretted not putting extra stress on Allen. I take him at his word, I might expect more blitz or stunts. May or may not be a extra man pressures but may not be the old lackadaisical-sit-back-spy, this seems less likely. 

42 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Belicheat was very clear after game #2. He said he regretted not putting extra stress on Allen. I take him at his word, I might expect more blitz or stunts. May or may not be a extra man pressures but may not be the old lackadaisical-sit-back-spy, this seems less likely. 

I’m sure you know, the blitz opens up the opportunity to hit the hot receiver. Hopefully the Bills took Belichek’s comments to heart & are prepared.  Not sure how JA is rated on responding to being blitzed this year, but if I remember correctly in 2020, he was very good against the blitz.            One of my favorite clips of the early 90’s Bills is Marv Levy on the sideline yelling……..”Thank you for the blitz!” 

14 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Daboll, if you are listening ...

... WTF are you doing on a message board? Get your ass back in the film room and prepare for a playoff game!

He ain't reading this fodder as he is far too busy setting up his resume for the Dolphins, Bears and others. 

Not gonna be surprised if the offensive game plan and play calls look bad again this season for the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hmm.  Would it be within the rules for Knox to carry Diggs on his shoulders??  Maybe add Beasely for triple decker. Go Bills!!

No numbers, but it feels like the pump fakes have not been there as much this year, or not as successful.

Another thing and this I am sure of, last year the Bills were getting a "free play" a game the second half of the season.  Where Josh would use his voice, a guy would jump and then Morse would snap it.   They have tried a lot but I dont think we have had one like that where you get a free shot.   There have been a couple of free plays but not where they intended to get it and took the shot like they were doing successfully last year.  In fact there have been a couple of instances where Josh thought he had it but did not.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:08 PM, Hebert19 said:

Will just leave this here.   Wasn't a double move but the pump fake because they were peaking into backfield to make sure Josh doesn't run. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.