Admittance to Highmark Stadium, No Drones allowed !

HOUSE

41 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

They are not allowed in.  You may be able to get away with it if the battery is not in the clothing when you go through security, but they are in the list of disallowed items.

There's no rule against rocks (and depending on the rock it's not getting flagged in the metal detector.) I've hear people speculate that it's due to the fire risk of batteries, but again I've been able to bring in battery power packs / handwarmers, so not sure if that's it (or if it was just missed.)  I was wondering if it's just due too the difficulty of getting clothing with batteries sewn into it through metal detectors.

I had no idea re battery socks and gloves and I wore both to the Pats wind game. Those batteries are small and I went through the detector. 

I have a heated vest that I did not wear. That battery is big and would definitely set it off. 

Your mileage may vary. I'd hope for some reasonableness for this particular game. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I asked this in another thread (maybe the weather one?) but has anyone ever had a problem bringing in a battery powered handwarmer?

do it.  it's freaking going to be freezing.  i doubt they turn you away.  the restriction on battery warming devices is absurd at games like this.  

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's likely not the Bills who make the rules, but the insurance provider.  They really don't want the headline of "Bills fan sets self on fire with defective electric hand warmer, induces panic, kills 14".  Just bring disposable hand warmers.

I think they are worried about people taking the batteries out and throwing them onto the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think they are worried about people taking the batteries out and throwing them onto the field.  

You downvoted my comment because "you think"?  They're worried about people ripping out the sewn-in batteries in their wearable tech to throw on the field?  They're worried about me throwing the zipper from my seat cushion?  You underestimate the power insurance companies hold to direct policy in private businesses, property owners, etc.  I used to work in security, and can vouch for "do things this way, or pay higher insurance premiums" is a powerful motivator.  Specific claims of safety (gosh, they might throw it on the field!) are mostly smokescreens for being cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

What kind of a lunatic would try to bring a drone in?

Operating it would result in a huge fine, as it is illegal to operate one over people who are not involved in its operation.

Regarding aircraft, a blanket temporary flight restriction prohibits flight over any facility with a capacity of over 30,000 people within 3 miles or 3000 feet.

That applies to all NFL games.

So the fly overs they do at games are at 3,000 feet? They seem lower than that but it could just be the camera angle on the tv.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

You downvoted my comment because "you think"?  They're worried about people ripping out the sewn-in batteries in their wearable tech to throw on the field?  They're worried about me throwing the zipper from my seat cushion?  You underestimate the power insurance companies hold to direct policy in private businesses, property owners, etc.  I used to work in security, and can vouch for "do things this way, or pay higher insurance premiums" is a powerful motivator.  Specific claims of safety (gosh, they might throw it on the field!) are mostly smokescreens for being cheap.

I just disagreed with you, I clicked the "disagree."  not a personal attack.   The "catch on fire" thing seems a bit far-fetched.  Meanwhile, fans have thrown batteries onto the field at NFL games, etc.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Back in the early '90's, the guy who sat next to me, always had a 13" battery operated TV at his feet. It came in handy!

I used to bring a small TV (2-3") to games back in the 1990s & 2000s.  Digital TV ended that for me. 

The reason he & I brought our TVs was because there were no replays on the scoreboard for years.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I tried a bottle on Jack Daniels back in the 80s. WE had to drink the whole bottle before they let us in

I kind of remember the 2d half

A “friend” named Joe tried to buy me 19 shots of Wild Turkey on my 19th birthday. It did NOT end well. I barely remember being 20. 

On a side note, I have not had any “brown liquor“ in MANY decades. I may be an idiot, but I AM capable of learning a lesson. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

NO BEACH BALLS ?????  It was always a classic scene on TV with our low temps and snow.  What the - - 

It could get onto the field and disrupt a play.  Would you want to be the one known to have brought the beach ball that Josh Allen trips on, and tears an ACL?

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I talk from experience, I lost a lot of tread on these shoes. During cold weather games some people are oblivious to the restrictions. When it is this cold outside season ticket holders will give away tickets and some poor uninformed fan will park in a satellite parking area, walk a half mile just to be told by Security "Oh Sir, You can't bring that drone in the stadium" so now starts the trek back to the car (another half mile in zero weather,another half mile back). Now they are ready to re-enter the Stadium, "Oh Sir,You can't bring those fireworks inside the stadium" another half mile walk back to the car, another half mile back to the stadium .

Its cold, YOU COULD DIE OUT THERE...:w00t:

Security will not hold any restricted items for you...

So.....Be a good sport and leave your rod at home....

Please read, you can thank me later

PROHIBITED ITEMS

Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.)

Tobacco products - including cigarettes/electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, lighters/matches

Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Devices

Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances

Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)

Clutch bags not to exceed 4.5" x 6.5"

Beach balls, footballs, balls, inflatable devices (balloons)

Bottles, cans, thermoses, and other beverage containers

Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches

Clothing or material with profane language or obscene graphics

Fireworks

Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of guests

Laptop computers, radios

Laser pointer devices, noisemakers

Promotional materials not approved by the Bills

Seat cushions larger than 15" x 15" or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs

Selfie sticks, sticks or poles

Strollers

Umbrellas

Video cameras, monopods and tripods

Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)

Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate

PERMITTED ITEMS

The NFL bag policy limits the size and type of bags that can be brought into the facility. This policy was put in place to enhance public safety and expedite fan entry at Highmark Stadium.

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12", or

One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), or

Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4 ½" x 6 ½"), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.  

Seat cushions must not exceed 15" x 15" and must not contain arm rests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs.

Additional clothing and blankets (must be carried loosely)

Binoculars

Cameras with lenses shorter than six (6) inches

iPads and tablet devices

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

What about the person sitting behind the chicken wing?

13 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

So you're saying there is nothing that EXPLICITLY bans dildos?

Has to be shorter than 6 inches!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

A “friend” named Joe tried to buy me 19 shots of Wild Turkey on my 19th birthday. It did NOT end well. I barely remember being 20. 

On a side note, I have not had any “brown liquor“ in MANY decades. I may be an idiot, but I AM capable of learning a lesson. 

Why do I only get this story as I'm laying in bed about to drift off to sleep:cry:

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Why do I only get this story as I'm laying in bed about to drift off to sleep:cry:

Be glad the room is not spinning like a top, and you aren’t desperately searching for the trash can you can’t empty fast enough! 

Be at peace, all is well for you and yours. This should be a time for thanks, for all of us. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.