The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

51 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Someone send that man a BILDO. He needs it to relax. Lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

He usually says bum but he got so butt hurt last night he ended his stream early lol

Ahhhh, I've watched...Schmee Dee Schmins Schmalk a couple times.  He's a smart guy but when it comes to Josh Allen, he loses it completely and turns into a straight up hater.

Check out the guys at Lets Talk Jets Radio for AFCEast coverage by another fan base.  They did a watch along of the entire game and are no-holds-bared.  By they end they were screaming at the Bills to kill NE just so they could watch them die. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Ya i was confused by that as well. I think he just meant that you can’t compare the QBs because the Pats D was awe full and the Bills D was great. He has jumbled thoughts lately. 

The patriots D is not awful if they were they wouldn’t have won the games that they did this year because they have no QB

Not the Boston media, but more about their fanbase and how they are 'entitled' and still don't get that it is over for them for a while...

I don't troll pats forums for the fun of it, but I am a member and used to contribute there, as I lived in Boston 2 times for 4-5 years in the past.  So I always have checked in on those forums on a regular basis, even when not playing the Bills.  There is an active discussion there about what the pats need to do to be competitve for a title again...the thing that struck me is...not even half way down the first page and there are posts saying stuff like...

"We need a good draft this year so we can be back in the Superbowl in a couple years".

Another post on the very first page was..."Not worried about AFC competition. We just need to tweak some things, add more youth/talent, have good injury luck, and continue to improve. We will be fine. We were literally 2 wins away from being the #1 seed in the conference."

Another thing about the Boston media....a lot of them have their "5 thoughts" or "15 thoughts" about the game articles and most of them I have read, from the MEDIA, complains about the officiating and how it hurt the Pats.  Boston.com had an article up yesterday where it was the 2nd or 3rd thing mentioned.  Mark Morse had an article where he listed missed calls by the officials that hurt the Pats, but not one call was mentioned the other way.

Its not a surprise, but they REALLY do think everything about that franchise is just so much better than anywhere else that it will be a quick fix and they will be on their way to Superbowls again.  It'll be a tough few years listening to those fans, but they will come back to earth, eventually.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Boston is melting down this morning calling for belichecks head. Listening to Greg Hill show is sweet sweet music.

Belicheck was never as good as the 'god' they proclaimed him to be when the Pats were on top....and he isn't as bad as those who want him gone now.

He is a very good coach, a great D-coordinator, Who was elevated to 'best ever' status because of a QB  he had (and a bit of cheating, which SOME say is good coaching if you get a way with it).    Now, he is getting a bit older, but I don't think the game as passed him by...just now he as a less talented roster with a rookie QB.  Maybe a new coach would be a good idea, but I don't think if they had a different coach with this current team they would have done much/any better.

Calling for a coaches head/job is par for the course with sports fans, and in some cases media.  We have a couple people on this forum and a couple threads that pop up that say "McDermott must go!" after the Bills lose a game. That is just how some people are.

Edited by mjd1001

I thought the hurricane post game was an interesting microcosm.

media: “BB a genius for wind game”

McD: “I wouldn’t say all credit to BB”

BB knows he’s got a QB with a raahg auum. McD knows it. Only people that don’t know it are Patsy fans. BB will struggle to overcome our not-pro-bowl QB.  

p.s. I will agree that decent WR will help but I didn’t see a single pass from MJ that said “wow”. JA rookie, we all saw “wow” at times. 

Edited by Since1981

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Belicheck was never as good as the 'god' they proclaimed him to be when the Pats were on top....and he isn't as bad as those who want him gone now.

He is a very good coach, a great D-coordinator, Who was elevated to 'best ever' status because of a QB  he had (and a bit of cheating, which SOME say is good coaching if you get a way with it).    Now, he is getting a bit older, but I don't think the game as passed him by...

He's usually got a very good sense of where the league is trending, and he used that sense to try and recreate his teams from the 2000-2004 run.  By and large it worked.

Where it fell down was BB does NOT want to give up on Bully Ball Linebackers, like Bentley, Hightower, KvN, and Jerrod Mayo before them.  Huge, bruising, 250-270 lbs throwbacks to the pre-pass happy rules era.  These guys are freakish athletes in their prime and they do every dirty job around the LoS. But they're more powerful than quick, their primes don't last very long, and the combination of raw power and instincts is very rare.  

BB's MO for beating teams relying relying on speed has always been good schemes, and using his guys to beat the smaller, faster dudes to a pulp.  That's not working anymore when it matters.  He also doesn't have the GOAT to bail him out if he gets it wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.