The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Speaking of babbling 

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-got-divisional-round-key-221905934.html

so far so good 😊 

🤔 Fight and claw?

aaand there goes their credibility 

Hmmm.... I work at Yahoo as well. I should send David McCracken a slack message...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Selective editing, my friend. Here's more from that story:

But before earning a date with the Chiefs, the Bills had to fight and claw their way into the playoffs.

The Bills lost to two non-playoff teams in the New York Jets in Week 9 by a score of 9-6 in and Indianapolis Colts in Week 11 by a score of 41-15. A Week 13 loss to the New England Patriots at home put Buffalo in danger of losing its grip of the AFC East division, and an overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 14 put the team’s playoff hopes in jeopardy altogether.

Buffalo rebounded over the next four weeks with four-straight wins over the Carolina Panthers, Patriots in New England, Atlanta Falcons and New York Jets. 

... but at least this year they’ll be travelling to Arrowhead Stadium knowing that they’re capable of taking down Mahomes when it matters most.

read carefully. 

They lost to the JETS. 

WRONG. It was he Jags 

Ergo credibility 

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Hmmm.... I work at Yahoo as well. I should send David McCracken a slack message...

Ha. David McCracken isn't a Yahoo employee. So this is a 3rd party hack that wrote the article that Yahoo (for the sake of clicks) picked up. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

read carefully. 

They lost to the JETS. 

WRONG. It was he Jags 

Ergo credibility 

Citing the wrong team doesn't change the score, or the threat to the team's standing in the AFC East that the loss created. That was the point. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, notwoz said:

Citing the wrong team doesn't change the score, or the threat to the team's standing in the AFC East that the loss created. That was the point. 

Disagree.  Citing the wrong team significantly detracts from the rest of the points.  The Jets were beat by the Bills 45-17 and 27-10 this season.  Journalism - even in editorial fashion - cannot continue to get a pass on misrepresentation of facts and still maintain any level of credence.

That said, the jags loss, remains my rebuttal everytime someone tells me the Bills are going to - or should easily - win whatever next game they play.  "Yeah, we should beat team X, but we did lose to the jags, so you never know..." But that's the nature of being a Bills fan since I was 4 years old.

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dawesome, Motor, and Micah Hyde say hi.

And all the offensive players that didn't commit some penalty to mess up a drive.  This type of game only has a chance of happening when every player is on the same page. And even then the other team will usually at very least get a lucky stop  or break.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, drab08 said:

Disagree.  Citing the wrong team significantly detracts from the rest of the points.  The Jets were beat by the Bills 45-17 and 27-10 this season.  Journalism - even in editorial fashion - cannot continue to get a pass on misrepresentation of facts and still maintain any level of credence.

That said, the jags loss, remains my rebuttal everytime someone tells me the Bills are going to - or should easily - win whatever next game they play.  "Yeah, we should beat team X, but we did lose to the jags, so you never know..." But that's the nature of being a Bills fan since I was 4 years old.

Jags game the offensive line was an absolute mess Covid/injury wise.  Still embarrassing but not really indicative of future games 

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Do they not have a reaction that isn't on one side of the extreme or the other? I mean yes Allen and the Bills have had their number the last two years, though we did split with them this year. But owning like Tom owned the Bills? That was like two decades of dominance they had over the East it's a little early to say it's the same as that.

I live here in NE. You have to realize there is an entire ecosystem of radio, tv, cable, social media, promotional, news, and  print economy employing dozens of talking heads and countless others thriving off the Patriot machine of the last two decades. They are coming to grips with their gravy train hitting a rough patch and likely there will be quite a bit of attrition as the Pats fade. Some know it….other guys like Greg Bedard….are in full denial and think the pats are a couple pieces away from competing for a SB again…For many their ENTIRE career has been nothing but candy canes and sugar pops…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know I'm supposed to be focused on the Chiefs, but I've been poking my head in on the Pats media and message boards.

It's uncanny:  they're US!  From 10 years ago.  Talking about the importance of the upcoming draft, wondering who they should pick, trying to figure out how they can build a team to beat the Bills.

And they're already as obsessed w/ Allen as we were with Brady.  How do we stop him?  Hey, Mac had a better rookie year than Allen did...maybe he can be just as good!  Allen will eat up a ton of cap space - their window is already closing. Blah, blah, blah.

And man, do they love to be Yankees fans now.  Whenever the discussion turns to the Bills possibly winning it all & how "cocky" our fans would be, the standard reply is "tell them to get back to us when they've won 6."

23 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Jags game the offensive line was an absolute mess Covid/injury wise.  Still embarrassing but not really indicative of future games 

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all...but (and I don't mean to trivialize this term) Bills induced PTSD still has me hedging on my enthusiasm when talking football with non-Bills fans.

2 hours ago, Success said:

I know I'm supposed to be focused on the Chiefs, but I've been poking my head in on the Pats media and message boards.

It's uncanny:  they're US!  From 10 years ago.  Talking about the importance of the upcoming draft, wondering who they should pick, trying to figure out how they can build a team to beat the Bills.

And they're already as obsessed w/ Allen as we were with Brady.  How do we stop him?  Hey, Mac had a better rookie year than Allen did...maybe he can be just as good!  Allen will eat up a ton of cap space - their window is already closing. Blah, blah, blah.

And man, do they love to be Yankees fans now.  Whenever the discussion turns to the Bills possibly winning it all & how "cocky" our fans would be, the standard reply is "tell them to get back to us when they've won 6."

That’s an interesting comparison because the more I see of Mac Jones, the more I see a QB that came into the league very near his ceiling whereas Allen came in at his absolute floor; just a raw QB prospect in every respect. I just don’t see how Jones can improve enough to ever be as good as Allen has become given the sheer physical and athletic differences between them. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s an interesting comparison because the more I see of Mac Jones, the more I see a QB that came into the league very near his ceiling whereas Allen came in at his absolute floor; just a raw QB prospect in every respect. I just don’t see how Jones can improve enough to ever be as good as Allen has become given the sheer physical and athletic differences between them. 

Mac does not have an arm to compete with Josh. Can he get stronger? Is there some leftover TB12 in the training room? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.