The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

Man - has anyone checked other boards?  There is a profound existential crisis going on in New England right now.

Older fans there are fine - they're trying to walk the younger fans through it & give them the "it'll all be okay!" pep talk.

Younger fans are lost.  "All I've known is winning - what am I supposed to do with this?"  "It's not my fault that I grew up watching Boston sports win all the time!"

It's like watching a trust fund kid find out that a bad investment was made & they have to get a job now....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Man - has anyone checked other boards?  There is a profound existential crisis going on in New England right now.

Older fans there are fine - they're trying to walk the younger fans through it & give them the "it'll all be okay!" pep talk.

Younger fans are lost.  "All I've known is winning - what am I supposed to do with this?"  "It's not my fault that I grew up watching Boston sports win all the time!"

It's like watching a trust fund kid find out that a bad investment was made & they have to get a job now....

There is even a growing movement of Pats* fans arguing that Belichick* should be fired. Some of them are saying they should hire Brian Flores. 

• Haha (+1) 6

28 minutes ago, Success said:

In an era where brains are conditioned to not have to wait for anything - with immediate access to thousands of options in music, dating, rentals, opinions, entertainment choices, video games, etc., coupled with a "you deserve ...." entitlement, waiting 10 years for Allen to retire will destroy a generation of Bostonians.  

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Success said:

They are in complete meltdown mode. I’ve never seen a “fan base” turn on an organization so quickly. But to be fair, half of the people on those boards only became a fan because the team was going 12-4 every year in the first place. Now we’ll actually see if they are fans or not.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

They are in complete meltdown mode. I’ve never seen a “fan base” turn on an organization so quickly. But to be fair, half of the people on those boards only became a fan because the team was going 12-4 every year in the first place. Now we’ll actually see if they are fans or not.

Really? These are Boston sports fans... the end of the Patriots*** run was always going to look like this. A significant percentage of their fanbase comprises some of the most obnoxious, least sports savvy, fickle, delusional, front-running fans on the planet. They have a well earned reputation as an all or nothing fan base; their teams are either the best of all time and they can't understand why everyone doesn't root for them, or they sawwwck and the fairweathers fall off the bandwagon in droves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Success said:

It’s also coming from the generation who introduced “participation trophies” “everyone’s a winner” 😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

There is even a growing movement of Pats* fans arguing that Belichick* should be fired. Some of them are saying they should hire Brian Flores. 

Bill has been a pretty bad gm and i doubt he’d ever play nice if Kraft wanted to hire one.  To bill’s defense parity is pretty tough to fight when you’re that good for that long.  They really need to bottom out for a couple years the core of that defense is getting pretty old.  

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Not sure if this was covered 

FJP8ictWQAMlGjM?format=jpg&name=900x900

FJP8irSWQAcNkML?format=jpg&name=900x900

Before article is a great example of "tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football"

If they would have switched/flip the wordings of the titles its a much more plausible/debatable topic

But anyone who legit thought mac jones and Josh Allen were close even before this past game is out to lunch 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The patriots D is not awful if they were they wouldn’t have won the games that they did this year because they have no QB

They feel kind of college-y in that they just man up and count on their guys just being flat out better than the receivers.  Bill really doesn’t do anything creative and in games where they can’t win all those matchups they get thrashed.  They’re very disciplined but that only gets you so far when you are losing all your positional matchups.

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Before article is a great example of "tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football"

If they would have switched/flip the wordings of the titles its a much more plausible/debatable topic

But anyone who legit thought mac jones and Josh Allen were close even before this past game is out to lunch 

They were probably looking at qbr or something and saying those guys have similar scores in that metric.  Mac was in a much better situation for most of the season though as our offensive line couldn’t block anybody for most of the season and we really couldn’t run the ball.  If josh was on the pats this season he probably sets all kinds of records and makes their wrs look like hall of famers

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm sure it was covered but wanted to point out.  Who did the Pats beat that were good?  The Titans with like 15 players inactive and the Bills in a wind storm.

Nobody…browns were missing hunt,Chubb,a couple offensive linemen and baker was playing with a torn labrum.  Their best win was probably against the chargers who were a pretty erratic team.  The fact that professional football analysts were predicting the pats were the afc Superbowl favorite was flat out embarrassing.  They’re a solid team that just doesn’t have the ceiling to trade blows with the top dogs in the afc. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.