Josh Allen's very strange stats in the final three games of the season

dave mcbride

28 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Judas Priest.  It defies understanding how anyone who has attended a bad weather wind game in Rich Stadium would ever question how much those conditions will impact a passing game and a teams offensive efficiency.  My only conclusion is that those who are claiming that the high winds and freezing cold are just an excuse for inconsistent offense play have never actually sat out in a game in those conditions.

I call these people out as frauds.

Yeah but Beane said that Josh can throw pinpoint passes thru category 5 hurricane winds...

10 hours ago, Motorin' said:

So you're saying Josh Allen's passer rating goes down in late season bad weather games, but the opponent's rating goes down like 3 or 4 times more?

He's going to struggle in bad weather games. Especially involving any wind. That's just a fact.  He's also likely to run more.

I figured out why passer rating underrates Allen.

A QB who completes 1 of 3 passes for 15 yards has a 50.7 passer rating. A QB who completes 3 of 3 passes for 10 yards has an 80.6 passer rating. How does that make any sense?

Passer rating overrates completion percentage at the expense of big plays. Case in point Justin Herbert had just an 80.4 passer rating in his superstar game last night. Carr had an 88.4.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Motorin' said:

So you're saying Josh Allen's passer rating goes down in late season bad weather games, but the opponent's rating goes down like 3 or 4 times more?

Who would have thought ? It’s why JK never had the best stats. I’ll take those  JA stats vs what any other QB would do in similar conditions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I figured out why passer rating underrates Allen.

A QB who completes 1 of 3 passes for 15 yards has a 50.7 passer rating. A QB who completes 3 of 3 passes for 10 yards has an 80.6 passer rating. How does that make any sense?

Passer rating overrates completion percentage at the expense of big plays. Case in point Justin Herbert had just an 80.4 passer rating in his superstar game last night. Carr had an 88.4.

Mac Jones is perfect for passer rating geek stats. JA and Herbert pass the real test of DC’s rating of who do you not wanna play against. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Like I've said in recent weeks here, Allen is good QB and is likely the franchise QB here for the foreseeable future.

But to put him on a pedestal as if he's truly in the upper echelon of guys who have been at the top of the league year in and year out is silly.He's got a long way to go and just because Beane decided to jump the gun and pay him an absurd contract it doesn't mean he's worth it (yet).

Bottom line if Allen plays like he did the last few weeks we'll be one and done and the Patriots have already proven they can beat us in Buffalo especially with Allen not playing well. People need to stop using the weather as an excuse because it's simply not valid with the live arm Allen has.

For this team to go anyway in the playoffs Allen has to play at or close to the level he has shown in games like KC or NE, same deal with McDermott and the coaching staff too with their gameplans in terms of being aggressive vs passive.

STFU Troll

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure if posted anywhere.  

Holy cow that's an incredible stat. Usually QB's whose O-line experiences high levels of turnover struggle mightily.  That Allen put up the numbers he did and led his team to a Division title is amazing considering this stat.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It is impressive.  The OL needs to be THE priority this off-season.

Josh being pressured and having to run around is the single biggest factor that generates a poor Josh Allen game IMO.

If we could eliminate 50% of that crap next year, Josh could be 50% better, or something like that.

Josh Allen is the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth most important person on the team!

Anything that makes him better translates most directly to more wins and fewer losses.

So yes, the OL must be priority Number 1.  I'm sure it will be...Beane is too smart not to go that route.

• Like (+1) 1

All I care is that while Josh  did struggle in his last 2 games, anyone with eyes could tell he was still a gigantic threat, an elite player, a force. Quite amazing. 3 INT in 4 passes, completing just 2 out of 10+ passes at one point in the next game, yet both wins, both wins that he contributed mightily too.  It was great other players stepped up big time, but it's not like Josh simply "managed" the game while others performed. He willed his way to victory as well.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure if posted anywhere.  

The pressure stats are even more incredible then the constant shuffling of the Bill's O-line.  Given the reality that Allen faced on the O-line, not only did he NOT regress he played better in 2021 then he did in 2020. For heavens sake, Allen faced the MOST pressures in the NFL:

image.thumb.png.dca11420e79ffcf646fe4767db450131.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.