Saturday Night 1/15 Weather Thread

Rubes

Bills should issue paper tix to everyone with a ticket ASAP.

Between phones dying in the cold and people fumbling to take their gloves off and get to their tickets with numb fingers it is going to be a disaster getting in.

GI BILLS!!!

3 hours ago, BuffBills51 said:

What is everyone bringing/wearing special to this game to try to keep warm. I have never brought a blanket into the stadium but think this may be a first time for it. I am going to have my 12 year old son with me and hoping to keep him warm enough to enjoy the game.

Here are my tips, from plenty of skiing and hunting:

Torso: triple layer

1. Base layer: should be tight, but not too restrictive.  I go with polyster, Under Armour.

2. Mid layer: I go with a fleece, or similar material.

3. Shell/outer layer: something wind/water resistant.  I'm a big fan of the Columbia jackets. with thermal fleece shells...so an extra layer of warmth.  I'll probably add a sweatshirt under this too.

Legs:

1. From track days running in low temps, I'll wear under Armour tights.

2. Snow/Ski pants as outer layer

Feet: Double layer socks

1. Normal socks then layer with Wool socks

2. High quality boots, and foot warmers might be helpful in this weather.

Hands: double layer gloves, water resistant on outer layer.  Hand warmers too.

Head: I'll probably go with ear covers, a ski mask and tossle hat, seeing how cold it will be.  And lipbalm, unless you want to go with the Tom Coughlin style look.

And likely plenty of bourbon, for extra protection 😁.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Ya unfortunately I agree. No question our best player is Allen. And he's great at throwing the ball, he's not a rb. Bad weather hinders our strength in a match up with a run first team. If we were playing the cardinals and its a dual between Murray and Allen in Bad weather then I'd say it might give us more of an edge cuz josh has the stronger arm to cut through wind. But head to head against a patriots team that doesn't rely much on the arm of their qb, with a great rb room the advantage goes to the pats.

But it's all irrelevant cuz the bills will still win Saturday 

How does it hinder the passing game more though…football gets tougher to grip in cold temps and it’s just as likely we’ll see a run heavy team get a case of fumbilitis as a pass heavy team dropping passes. Not to mention our qb runs like a fb but that’s another story lol 

the scheme the pats have thrown at us offensively one fumble by them would be absolutely catastrophic while a few drops by us likely wouldn’t sink our chances 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How does it hinder the passing game more though…football gets tougher to grip in cold temps and it’s just as likely we’ll see a run heavy team get a case of fumbilitis as a pass heavy team dropping passes. Not to mention our qb runs like a fb but that’s another story lol 

the scheme the pats have thrown at us offensively one fumble by them would be absolutely catastrophic while a few drops by us likely wouldn’t sink our chances 

Agree, ball security will impact both styles of offense.  Harris has almost fumbled the pitch on toss sweeps, in both games against us. 

In extreme cold, gripping the ball to throw can be very challenging.  Josh will be fine, Mac will certainly be tested. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Tell me purist, open-air stadium fans, how does this scheduling a playoff game in bone chilling cold with snow, enhance a fan's experience and help our team's chances. What should be a tremendous home field advantage and a memorable family event, is now a fight to survive conditions that could threaten your health. The national audience will love watching this spectacle from the comfort of their homes, but the hearty souls in attendance will experience cruel and unusual punishment.

The members of Bills Mafia attending Saturday night’s game will be among the very best warriors chosen to defend Snow Sparta. They understand the difficult task at hand and accept the challenge. They are well-acquainted with all of the cutting-edge winter warfare technology known as “coats,” “beanies,” “mittens,” and “scarves.” They are not pathetic weaklings like yourself who will, in due time, be appropriately culled from the fanbase herd. But this is Patriots Playoff Week, so let’s all stay focused and positive.

Cheers!

-Commie Kay

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Remember the 90's going to these cold  playoff games. Dressed for the weather but I worked out in it back in the day and I was 25 years younger then. Will be there for this round but must admit not looking forward to it. Bills vs ravens playoff game last year was no picnic but a Bills win made it seem pretty warm,

Worst experience was raider game, cold as ice. Bought a beer, put next to my seat and when I went for a sip it froze, had to chop a hole in the thin layer of ice in the cup. Now the bad part, all the tap systems in the stadium froze and the beer sales were over.

Go Bills! See you all Saturday night. It'll be a HOT time in the old town!

30 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hands are always the toughest for me to keep warm.

The last few years I've been using Ice Armor glove/mitts; they're designed for ice fishing so it's a glove with regular fingers and then a mitten shell on the outside. If I wear them outside in anything warmer than about 15-20F my hands will actually sweat until I have to take them off for a few minutes to cool off.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/icearmor-by-clam-renegade-mitts

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

The members of Bills Mafia attending Saturday night’s game will be among the very best warriors chosen to defend Snow Sparta. They understand the difficult task at hand and accept the challenge. They are well-acquainted with all of the cutting-edge winter warfare technology known as “coats,” “beanies,” “mittens,” and “scarves.” They are not pathetic weaklings like yourself who will, in due time, be appropriately culled from the fanbase herd. But this is Patriots Playoff Week, so let’s all stay focused and positive.

Cheers!

-Commie Kay

17 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Cheers!

-Commie Kay

Kay, I speak on behalf of all the pathetic weakling you have so aptly identified, thank you for supporting the team in these harsh conditions. You represent the best and the brightest of your generation. I look forward to being culled from the herd when you bring home the victory. Thanks for putting the merits of an open air stadium in unsafe, freezing conditions in perspective as only a true Gladiator like yourself can do. I'll toast you and the team after we win Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Here are my tips, from plenty of skiing and hunting:

Torso: triple layer

1. Base layer: should be tight, but not too restrictive.  I go with polyster, Under Armour.

2. Mid layer: I go with a fleece, or similar material.

3. Shell/outer layer: something wind/water resistant.  I'm a big fan of the Columbia jackets. with thermal fleece shells...so an extra layer of warmth.  I'll probably add a sweatshirt under this too.

Legs:

1. From track days running in low temps, I'll wear under Armour tights.

2. Snow/Ski pants as outer layer

Feet: Double layer socks

1. Normal socks then layer with Wool socks

2. High quality boots, and foot warmers might be helpful in this weather.

Head: I'll probably go with ear covers, a ski mask and tossle hat, seeing how cold it will be.  And lipbalm, unless you want to go with the Tom Coughlin style look.

And likely plenty of bourbon, for extra protection 😁.

Go Bills!

At Sabres games I always wear a t-shirt under my jersey in case I get a little warm.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.