Saturday Night 1/15 Weather Thread

Rubes

39 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Question: How bad would it have to be for local public health and government leaders to step in and say, “No game” in these conditions, because of the threat to peoples welfare? Has that ever happened? I know the NFL rules the world, but at some point a greater concern would have to supersede them. 

A few years ago I was at a major college XC meet with several races. It was unseasonably warm. In the early races several athletes were having issues with the heat. Athletes were passing out all over the place. There were so many ambulances called in, it looked like a parade. About half way through, the meet was shut down because the local hospitals and emergency system was overwhelmed. 

In this case, if holding this event potentially puts too many people in danger, and potentially over-taxes the emergency care system, would or could they, say “no” and force the NFL to reschedule it? 

That's an interesting question, but I've never heard of something like a football game being called off for cold.

Of course, we do have lightning delays purely due to concerns about fan/player safety, so I guess it's possible.

When it gets down into single digits with negative wind chills, you are definitely dealing with cold that can kill you!  

But think of all the really cold games that are routine in Green Bay, Chicago, or Minnesota in the old days, and none have ever been postponed or cancelled to my knowledge.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Make the Pats throw.

SEC Jones is not ready for this.  I doubt he has experienced anything under 20 degrees.

We can do that by getting out to an early lead and scoring TDs, not FGs. 

Throw 14 on the board quickly and let NE fear not being able to keep up.  Might make them totally change their game plan.

If/when Mac Jones has to sling it (in negative wind chills) we will get an INT and their goose will be cooked.

Edited by Nextmanup

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We can do that by getting out to an early lead and scoring TDs, not FGs. 

Throw 14 on the board quickly and let NE fear not being able to keep up.  Might make them totally change their game plan.

If/when Mac Jones has to sling it (in negative wind chills) we will get an INT and their goose will be cooked.

I agree - and would say that if we get up 14 in this game, it's over.  I'd love that.

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Make the Pats throw.

SEC Jones is not ready for this.  I doubt he has experienced anything under 20 degrees.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

33 degrees was his coldest start.

He also grew up in Florida.  I know fans will site the 1st meeting in Buffalo but this time around the Bills will start out stacking the line

and making Jones have to pass.  

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Question: How bad would it have to be for local public health and government leaders to step in and say, “No game” in these conditions, because of the threat to peoples welfare? Has that ever happened? I know the NFL rules the world, but at some point a greater concern would have to supersede them. 

A few years ago I was at a major college XC meet with several races. It was unseasonably warm. In the early races several athletes were having issues with the heat. Athletes were passing out all over the place. There were so many ambulances called in, it looked like a parade. About half way through, the meet was shut down because the local hospitals and emergency system was overwhelmed. 

In this case, if holding this event potentially puts too many people in danger, and potentially over-taxes the emergency care system, would or could they, say “no” and force the NFL to reschedule it? 

Minnesota had games outside recently with wind chills in the negative 20 range.  Absolutely no shot the nfl reschedules this one…fans should be perfectly capable of layering up and those that are at the game that haven’t prepared for it properly are not forced to stay.  The players spend a good amount of time running around or standing next to heaters.  Im sure there’s a point where it becomes a major health risk but the weather Saturday isn’t even close to that 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Minnesota had games outside recently with wind chills in the negative 20 range.  Absolutely no shot the nfl reschedules this one…fans should be perfectly capable of layering up and those that are at the game that haven’t prepared for it properly are not forced to stay.  The players spend a good amount of time running around or standing next to heaters.  Im sure there’s a point where it becomes a major health risk but the weather Saturday isn’t even close to that 

Yeah really....only time they reschedule due to weather would be for Hurricanes and such. Never heard of a game rescheduled because it was cold or extra cold

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah really....only time they reschedule due to weather would be for Hurricanes and such. Never heard of a game rescheduled because it was cold or extra cold

The Bills made the choice for no dome.  It is what it is. This Bills team is not built for "Bills weather" like teams of the past.  We can only hope the Bills fare better than the last time they played the Pats in "Bills Weather".  Now that sports gambling apps are legal in NY, I know people betting against the Bills this weekend because of the weather. Getting +175 moneyline on the pats.

Edited by CodeMonkey

fat guy GIF

If seen several different reports regarding the wind for Saturday.  I’ve seen no win up to 15-20mph.

a few weeks back some of the tbd resident meteorologists were chiming in with their thoughts based on the current reports. Can we get another professional update regarding the potential wind for the game on Saturday?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.