Questions Surrounding a New Stadium in OP .

T master

With all the talk of a new stadium coming to OP in the not to distant future and all that comes with it i was wondering a couple of things about the build .

I watched a piece on Buffalo Bills .com that showed the room that controls the big screens at the field now & seeing the recent renovations at the stadium was wondering if any of that newer equipment might be taken from the old stadium & used in the new one to off set some of the pricing of the new build or will they just junk that & go with all brand new in the box stuff ?

I know that the things that have been there for the entirety or the life of the stadium will be tossed but i would think that there may be some things that could do the same job especially if it is newer equipment but knowing how today's world works with tech changing so fast i'm not real sure if it will be used.

The stadium now has the 2 big screens at the one end of the field and they were recently upgraded couldn't they be used ? Then there may be some of the vendors equipment that if not very old that could be moved to the new stadium like the lights that keep food warm & such .

Then there are things like the goal posts & other stuff used to put on the on field presentation and the benches with the helmet warmers & all that kind of stuff .

I know there will be those that say that this is a brand new stadium & would want all brand new gear to go with it but was just wondering if this is even a consideration at all to possibly curb a small amount of the over all cost rather than just demoing the entire thing & putting it in a land fill ...

• Like (+1) 2

Considering that the new stadium will be built while they're still playing in the old one, I doubt that they'll be salvaging old stuff from the old stadium & putting it in the new one.  More likely they'll try to sell some stuff to a much smaller venue, like a college or high school.  They may take some of the stuff & sell it as souvenirs like they've done in other places with stadium seats etc.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The problem with State, and Pegula money, is who actually owns the facility? I could be mistaken, but I never heard of a public asset, with a private individual,  in a co-ownership.

In the business world there are many cases where the party that owns the land enters a land lease with a tenant who then builds a structure on it for the tenant's use.  At the end of the lease everything on the property belongs to the owner.  

Erie County owns everytthing right now.  If the Pegulas were to do a land lease, they would be responsible for building their own facility and would own it until the lease expired.  Then it would revert to Erie County.  

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, T master said:

With all the talk of a new stadium coming to OP in the not to distant future and all that comes with it i was wondering a couple of things about the build .

I watched a piece on Buffalo Bills .com that showed the room that controls the big screens at the field now & seeing the recent renovations at the stadium was wondering if any of that newer equipment might be taken from the old stadium & used in the new one to off set some of the pricing of the new build or will they just junk that & go with all brand new in the box stuff ?

I know that the things that have been there for the entirety or the life of the stadium will be tossed but i would think that there may be some things that could do the same job especially if it is newer equipment but knowing how today's world works with tech changing so fast i'm not real sure if it will be used.

The stadium now has the 2 big screens at the one end of the field and they were recently upgraded couldn't they be used ? Then there may be some of the vendors equipment that if not very old that could be moved to the new stadium like the lights that keep food warm & such .

Then there are things like the goal posts & other stuff used to put on the on field presentation and the benches with the helmet warmers & all that kind of stuff .

I know there will be those that say that this is a brand new stadium & would want all brand new gear to go with it but was just wondering if this is even a consideration at all to possibly curb a small amount of the over all cost rather than just demoing the entire thing & putting it in a land fill ...

Good questions all....I wonder the same thing.  Seems like such a huge amount of stuff to just throw away...

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Considering that the new stadium will be built while they're still playing in the old one, I doubt that they'll be salvaging old stuff from the old stadium & putting it in the new one.  More likely they'll try to sell some stuff to a much smaller venue, like a college or high school.  They may take some of the stuff & sell it as souvenirs like they've done in other places with stadium seats etc.  

Yes, this is common with old stadiums. They sell as much as they can. Including seats, art work in the clubs, pieces of the field, even bricks from the foundation.

I assure you that the people who ripped Ralph’s name of the building to make a few bucks are not going to just throw everything out without getting every last dollar they can for it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

The Pegula's clamoring for the state to pay full freight for the facility, actually makes sense, in this scenario.

It's a good question...the stadium scope and quality was reduced to suit the state and the owners.  Meanwhile, the fans who actually pay for it are literally and figuratively left out in the cold.   

It's amazing and tone-deaf that the governor of NY actually said that an open air stadium in OP is "part of the Buffalo bravado, which people love to showcase."   Or,  she just reiterating what the committee specified as the best course of action.    

"...Mem'ries may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget

So it's the laughter we will remember
Whenever we remember the way we were

The way we were"

I want the seat we sat in during the 2009 Cleveland game when the Bills lost 6-3. My life is worthless without that bench.  I will gladly pay 8 dollars for it!  😌...

Just read Hochoul confirmed it’s OP and it’s going to be open air and not a dome. Reportedly both the Pegulas and Hochoul don’t want a dome 

20 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

What happens to the old stadium? Does it get demolished? Does it stay intact for Bills practices or high school games?

Im assuming it gets demolished. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Just read Hochoul confirmed it’s OP and it’s going to be open air and not a dome. Both the Pegulas and Hochoul don’t want a dome 

Just saw that as well. I’ve gotten to the point where I know it’s not going to be a dome, so I’m fine with it. I just wish someone would be honest, and admit it’s about the money. She’s out there talking about the “bravado” and culture of Buffalo. It’s about saving state money. 

20 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

What happens to the old stadium? Does it get demolished? Does it stay intact for Bills practices or high school games?

Demolished and make room for parking perhaps. The structure is 50 years old and is becoming structurally unsafe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Just saw that as well. I’ve gotten to the point where I know it’s not going to be a dome, so I’m fine with it. I just wish someone would be honest, and admit it’s about the money. She’s out there talking about the “bravado” and culture of Buffalo. It’s about saving state money. 

It doesn't have to do with the money.. if they thought a dome would give the bills a  better chance to win they would build it 

The bills are 12 and 1 at the Ralph in the playoffs... That's not good weather

The one advantage we always had.. was kemp Kelly and Allen could throw it in conditions others can't 

Building a dome would just allow lesser quarterbacks to have a great game in the playoffs... That's the only fact.. because lots of NFL quarterbacks could have a great game in perfect conditions

Almost none are coming to the Ralph in January and having a good game.. that is our advantage 

We routinely practice outside during the season to prepare for inclement weather.. no other team can do that in Buffalo weather either

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I think that the balance has to be struck, in terms of fan affordability.

I'm all for a Dome, but in reality, I, and a good percentage of season ticket holders, would be priced out of the market.

I get the fan affordability part of it. 

Myself personally, a Dome will not only help the fans by way of comfort. It would also help the star athletes like Josh Allen perform at the highest level possible IMO. In turn equates to more playoff home games IMO. Dome could be used year round and promote other activites. Its also possible OP could host a Superbowl one day If more motel accommodations can be provided. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.