Is there a reason Josh didnt feel like taking checkdowns yesterday?

Ramza86

Josh knows it and McDermott knows They need to get points on every drive because I believe McDermott cannot rely on a conservative game plan in bad weather because he knows his defense will fold because of Frazier’s lack at being aggressive on third downs. The days of just rushing 4 and dropping 7 in coverage becomes a liability. When offenses know you don’t bring pressure  Qb’s are going to sit in the pocket take those 5 seconds or more survey the field and get first downs and keep the Bills offense on the sidelines.

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:24 AM, Max Fischer said:

Atlanta seemed to concentrate on blanketing Knox and Beasley and encouraged Allen to push the ball down the field. If so, the Falcons possibly thought it was better to risk the intermediate and long plays in that weather. Combined with Allen's off-day, it appeared to work. 

If Knox is a TE worthy of the name, he shouldn’t be able to be blanketed.  He’s 6’4” fercripesake.

I’ve noticed a number of occasions where Knox seems open to me and Josh doesn’t take him, I’ve wondered if the hand is bothering him still more than we know.

The other point is that perhaps if Beasley can’t get open, we need to see McKenzie out there or Diggs switched to running shorter routes.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

The wrs slow down imo. Than its coming and they have to speed up. 

It’s weird that Cousins could hit Diggs deep multiple times, but Josh still hasn’t had that bomb connection. I like Josh, and I think he is elite, but his deep connection ability seems to be the only facet of his game that is below average. 

50 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s weird that Cousins could hit Diggs deep multiple times, but Josh still hasn’t had that bomb connection. I like Josh, and I think he is elite, but his deep connection ability seems to be the only facet of his game that is below average. 

That's on Diggs, it seems he can never locate the ball even after hitting him in the hands

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Not that it was an easy play but diggs had a shot at essentially the game winner in that first pats matchup on a perfectly thrown ball and it hit him right in the arm…haven’t seen too many wow plays out of the wrs this year and you’re rarely gonna get someone comically open on a deep ball so it’s usually gonna be a 50/50 situation.  It seems like only Davis is making the contested catches.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/4/2022 at 10:41 PM, UKBillFan said:

Whilst I agree with you, I think you need to add a couple of words to the penultimate sentence - he expects a bit too much from himself. Especially at home, it’s almost like he wants to put a show on for the fans and perhaps prove he’s worth that contract but it results in a hyped up Josh sometimes over-doing it with those efforts.

No argument from me UK. I agree. Josh is All Ours. 
Love the Kid. 
appreciate the help with message we both agree upon :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:01 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Knoxname, is a TE worthy of the he shouldn’t be able to be blanketed.  He’s 6’4” fercripesake.

I’ve noticed a number of occasions where Knox seems open to me and Josh doesn’t take him, I’ve wondered if the hand is bothering him still more than we know.

The other point is that perhaps if Beasley can’t get open, we need to see McKenzie out there or Diggs switched to running shorter routes.

You are aware of the longish drought Bills have had at TE ?
To be so bold as to say " for Knox to be worthy of "
keep some perspective my friend. He aint no Pete Metzalar i guess.

Or Scott (luv ya stiil ) Chandler ?
or that guy from Miami with the bad knees Brandon found us

But he is alright by me 

I think you are calling Daboll out a bit about giving Allen something to easy to chew on

On 1/3/2022 at 11:18 AM, Ramza86 said:

I just got the vibe that he felt his competition wasnt worthy of him having to play dink and dunk. 

He wanted to go out there and crush the Falcons with his arm.

I think im ok with that...but id rather him take the checkdown a couple times a drive to help open that stuff up down the field.

Like AB Josh is trying to reach his contract incentive bonus. If he is not allowed to throw deep against the jets don't be surprised if he removes his pants and runs off the field. I am told by legit source that he will not remove his jersey as that has already been done. so the pants removal is the plan. So those of you Bills mafia who are a bit squeamish you have been forewarned, oddly enough for the first time this season the wife is highly interested in watching Sundays game.

Edited by billybob71
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/5/2022 at 7:18 AM, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Josh knows it and McDermott knows They need to get points on every drive because I believe McDermott cannot rely on a conservative game plan in bad weather because he knows his defense will fold because of Frazier’s lack at being aggressive on third downs. The days of just rushing 4 and dropping 7 in coverage becomes a liability. When offenses know you don’t bring pressure  Qb’s are going to sit in the pocket take those 5 seconds or more survey the field and get first downs and keep the Bills offense on the sidelines.

Umm...OK.

# 1 D in yards 

# 1 D against the pass 

# 2 D in points allowed 

# 2 D on opponent 3rd down percentage 

Literally WTF are you talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

You are aware of the longish drought Bills have had at TE ?
To be so bold as to say " for Knox to be worthy of "
keep some perspective my friend. He aint no Pete Metzalar i guess.

Or Scott (luv ya stiil ) Chandler ?
or that guy from Miami with the bad knees Brandon found us

But he is alright by me 

I think you are calling Daboll out a bit about giving Allen something to easy to chew on

I take your point that the Bills have been bad at TE for a long time, but I’m not sure it argues against mine - the point of a TE, a Kelce or Kittle or even a Hunter Henry type, is to be that big outlet who is “open when covered”.   If Knox isn’t “that guy” then we still need an upgrade at TE.

I don’t follow your last sentence.  My point is that Daboll *is* giving Allen “easy completions”, but that if they’re to targets Josh is unwilling to trust for some reason, then he needs to give Josh different “easy completions”.  That’s not on Daboll; it’s on Josh for being unwilling to take what Daboll is scheming up for him, and possibly onl both for not communicating

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Umm...OK.

# 1 D in yards 

# 1 D against the pass 

# 2 D in points allowed 

Did you watch Tennessee, colts, Tampa bay, New England, Steelers, I guess you think the Texans and saints, Washington are offensive powerhouse and the Falcons should have scored 21 points he’ll Kansas City acted like 24 points so I ask you wtf are are you smoking?

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Did you watch Tennessee, colts, Tampa bay, New England, Steelers, I guess you think the Texans and saints, Washington are offensive powerhouse and the Falcons should have scored 21 points he’ll Kansas City acted like 24 points so I ask you wtf are are you smoking?

And apparently no other teams have games where teams score points on them?

On 1/5/2022 at 10:01 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Knox is a TE worthy of the name, he shouldn’t be able to be blanketed.  He’s 6’4” fercripesake.

Not to harp on Knox but he's very capable but also capable of being blanketed ... As most TEs are ... 

If you commit to blanketing him ... Inside outside him... Like most TEs he can be contained ... But that will leave other people open because you are bracketing him 

This was a plan of the falcon's, but most NFL teams dont have the personal to do it.. Dion Jones and Foyesade Oluokun are TE erasers 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2022 at 5:22 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Allen is not the touch passer that Kelly was - at least not yet. 

On 1/6/2022 at 9:19 PM, Big Turk said:

Umm...OK.

# 1 D in yards 

# 1 D against the pass 

# 2 D in points allowed 

I had a little "discussion" with a poster here like a week or 2 ago.  He made the blanket statement that our defense is "terrible" or words to that effect.

I think a LOT of Bills fans want the team to succeed so badly, want to see them become SO dominant, that they compare the reality of what they are to some crazy, idealized notion of what a team could possibly be, hypothetically speaking.

And based on that unrealistic comparison, they conclude we aren't very good.  But they are living in reality, where no team is perfect. 

The reality is we are a top 5 offense AND defense!  

Statistically, we are as good as any team in the league, if we play our game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.