Is there a reason Josh didnt feel like taking checkdowns yesterday?

Ramza86

On 1/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I take your point that the Bills have been bad at TE for a long time, but I’m not sure it argues against mine - the point of a TE, a Kelce or Kittle or even a Hunter Henry type, is to be that big outlet who is “open when covered”.   If Knox isn’t “that guy” then we still need an upgrade at TE.

I don’t follow your last sentence.  My point is that Daboll *is* giving Allen “easy completions”, but that if they’re to targets Josh is unwilling to trust for some reason, then he needs to give Josh different “easy completions”.  That’s not on Daboll; it’s on Josh for being unwilling to take what Daboll is scheming up for him, and possibly onl both for not communicating

Thanks for posting back on this matter.
I might hope Josh can trust all of his receivers to do what they agree upon to get open and hold onto the ball.
 I worry Daboll is asking Josh to look at the receivers and think bigger play and he forces balls because of this. Over committing . Know would be a fine check out or check down as compared to a primary receiver as he is often used.

we have seen the open check downs for years with Josh. and guys pretty open in the middle while Josh is still looking deep downfield. Even Knox waves his hands sometimes while Josh is waiting for Diggs to break.
 I am getting off track.
No need for a game changing TE with all the weapons Bills have imho
 Knox might be better used by Daboll is basically my point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.