Black Monday(UPDATED: Fangio OUT; Zim & Spielman OUT; Nagy & Pace OUT; Flores OUT; Judge OUT; Culley OUT)

GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He coached his behind off and got the most out of the talent.  Seems the GM has the ear of the owner   Flores will not be unemployed for long.

Probably not. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being Daboll’s DC choice if Daboll gets a HC job. It would also satisfy the Rooney interview requirement for coordinators. 

• Like (+1) 1

Now we'll see if the idea of Dungy, Riddick and Frazier is real or not. 

All 3 of those guys could just be hired by the Bears (although Frazier might not be able to officially be hired until after we win the Super Bowl). 

If that's your plan, you've already vetted it. You don't need to interview others if this is a package deal. I'm sure it took some convincing to lure Dungy out of retirement, so you don't then interview the guy who fetches Zach Taylor his coffee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He coached his behind off and got the most out of the talent.  Seems the GM has the ear of the owner   Flores will not be unemployed for long.

I would fire Joe Judge in NY. Bring in Scott Pioli as GM and Flores as HC. Culture change is needed at Giants. They’re the team to bring it

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I would fire Joe Judge in NY. Bring in Scott Pioli as GM and Flores as HC. Culture change is needed at Giants. They’re the team to bring it

That would be an interesting move.  Up grades in both areas

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Now we'll see if the idea of Dungy, Riddick and Frazier is real or not. 

All 3 of those guys could just be hired by the Bears (although Frazier might not be able to officially be hired until after we win the Super Bowl). 

If that's your plan, you've already vetted it. You don't need to interview others if this is a package deal. I'm sure it took some convincing to lure Dungy out of retirement, so you don't then interview the guy who fetches Zach Taylor his coffee. 

Where’s Jim Caldwell in this equation? 

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

But some head coaches are more involved in drafting and bringing in personnel than others. Maybe Flores has been super vocal on the specific players he wanted and the GM can say "hey, I have him the guys he wanted." Not sure, but it is plausible.

It was kind of odd when they dumped guys they had just brought in, like Van Noy and Lawson. Plus it seems that Flores wanted to spend money on cb's but he really didn't get great results.

The Bills are a team that got the front office correct and saw immediate results. I'm thinking if the other teams in the division don't see similar improvement in their teams they will be in the same 3 year regime pump and dump no playoffs blender we were in for so long.

The Dolphins are the biggest train wreck this side of Chicago and Detroit. Flores had the Fins playing very hard for him. Ross is just another dumb rich guy. He'll back up the truck for a Harbaugh type who will demand total control and then the soap opera against the front office will begin.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Probably not. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being Daboll’s DC choice if Daboll gets a HC job. It would also satisfy the Rooney interview requirement for coordinators. 

It's settled then...Daboll to Miami! 😁

And with the surprsing number of vacancies, may we humbly suggest Josh McDaniels? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The most deserved firing of them all...... Ryan Pace is OUT as GM in Chicago. He did a dreadful job. 

Miami have fired the wrong guy. I'd have kept Flores and fired Grier. 

Stunned that they fire the coach and keep the GM. The problem in Miami is talent evaluation. 

I think they should have moved on from both, but Grier I think is a yes man that Ross likes in Miami.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.