Bills record setting win streak

Punching Bag

Honestly, I think if anything that stat shows why so many on the board are concerned. We feast in games where we get ahead and the offense becomes one dimensional. We look like a different team when that's not the case. It's just part of what makes this team feel so polarizing at times. 

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

These cherry picked stats are so out there, they really mean nothing. 

I think this one does mean something, but it's not good. 

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Honestly, I think if anything that stat shows why so many on the board are concerned. We feast in games where we get ahead and the offense becomes one dimensional. We look like a different team when that's not the case. It's just part of what makes this team feel so polarizing at times. 

I think this one does mean something, but it's not good. 

we don’t look like a different team. We just haven’t pulled out close games. Which is really just an anomaly. It would also be an anomaly if we were 5-0 in all the one score games. Eventually the Bills will regress to the mean which is a positive in our case because it would mean more wins.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Good research, great post! I love blow outs, this board is so much easier to deal with 🥳

Nah...it's Patriots week. The trolls and attention seekers will run the board this week. My advice: take a week away and enjoy the holiday😂

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

we don’t look like a different team. We just haven’t pulled out close games. Which is really just an anomaly. It would also be an anomaly if we were 5-0 in all the one score games. Eventually the Bills will regress to the mean which is a positive in our case because it would mean more wins.

Sure we are somewhat due for some regression to the mean, but it's not that black and white in my view. No point in commenting further on this one. Go Bills!! Big win, huge game next week. 

And this reminds me of my Statistics professor at the University of Rochester decades ago saying on the first day of class…statistics are the best because you can use them to show something to be great even when it isn’t.  And vice versa.    Pretty cool huh.   

He got my attention but I quickly realized- no.    No it isn’t.   

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Not sure what it says, but Bills do have best point differential this season.  I’ll choose to believe that if we tighten things up, we could go on a deep run.  

Best point differential is about as meaningful as power rankings. Doesn't mean squat.

The Bills are 8-6. Underachieving and maddeningly inconsistent.

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Best point differential is about as meaningful as power rankings. Doesn't mean squat.

The Bills are 8-6. Underachieving and maddeningly inconsistent.

Generally it means that they are better than their record and are likely to improve.  One score losses are fluky and contrary to popular belief generally even out over time.  

2 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Generally it means that they are better than their record and are likely to improve.  One score losses are fluky and contrary to popular belief generally even out over time.  

2 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

OK, so what does it say when they are 0-5 in games decided by 7 points or less?

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Now we gotta win the close ones

It’s crazy how different our record could be with one play a game that went another way (other than the Colts, before someone has to point it out). It went the way it did, and we own those losses, but we were very close against some very good teams. That tells me if we get into the playoffs and peak at the right time, we are more dangerous than our record would indicate. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.