Do the Bills have any 2007/2011 Giants playoff run in them?

Another Fan

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I never felt like actually winning the SB was a viable goal for this season.  Even before this season turned into this season (and current record) it felt like we are still a work in progress.  

I do think we will "barely sneak into the playoffs" but that's quite OK.  It's about what we do once there.

Let's say we are the #7 seed....we will be the #7 seed that NO ONE wants to play.

Because no one will know when we snap into form and throw 30+ on the board.

You know you wont be playing the Jets or Dolphins in the playoffs. 1-5 record against teams this year who are .500 or better. Got over 30 twice in those 6 games. Perspective is a big thing here.

• Agree 1

If they could actually get into the playoffs I think we have the stuff to be dangerous. But I. doubt we'll even make the playoffs now so may never know.

Eisen had a good bit this week comparing the Bills to the Bucs last year, how everyone thought they were dead after losing to the defending champions to fall to 7-5. He said they looked great in the second half of that game but lost anyway. I have to say his pep talk did motivate me a bit, but we'll see. 

Doubtful. Bills don't have that kind of Dline Giants had and their LBer's were better than what we have outside of Milano. OL was good too. Bills are not as good in the trenches like they were.

But I guess you never know what can happen. It's certainly not impossible, but it's highly doubtful imo

Having a Qb with Allens talent gives us that chance.  He gets hot its over.  Green Bay won a Super Bowl with Rodgers because he was red hot.  Allen has the potential to do it.  I dont believe the roster has high end talent to do it without Allen playing to his full potential.

Funny that you bring the 2007 NYG team up.  I thought about them the other day as well.  

I don’t subscribe to moral victories by any means but in Week 17 there was a ton of attention on the game against 16-0 New England who were absolutely rolling teams.    

Everyone expected them to roll over but they played New England tough and have them the toughest fight they had in weeks. Many players said this was a confidence building moment even in a losing effort.  

I’m hoping this is the case with Buffalo in Tampa the other night.  I could see it but aI could also see the Bills blowing a game or two to finish 8-9.  So much variance with this team - you never know what you will get

9 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The biggest difference was that Giants had excellent defensive and offensive lines, they were the strength of the team. Our lines are our weakness.

I can’t really remember the games leading up or the Super Bowl but NYG really benefitted from a great matchup.  They were on of the few teams that could pressure New England without blitzing - especially up the middle.  It completely threw off Brady.

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I just don't have any faith in Daboll anymore…

I think the players deserve some of the blame Daboll is getting…lots of these games have been lost because big game changing plays are just being executed terribly.  Some of it has been bad luck as well…guys slipping/josh stepping out of bounds by inches/refs forgetting how to throw penalty flags. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if we turned it on just in time. We have lost two games against top tier teams by literally several inches 

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I can’t really remember the games leading up or the Super Bowl but NYG really benefitted from a great matchup.  They were on of the few teams that could pressure New England without blitzing - especially up the middle.  It completely threw off Brady.

They were a mess and backed into the playoffs at 9-7.  First time around if we beat them in week 17 we would’ve knocked them out of the playoffs entirely.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.