Tyrel Dodson to Covid list [Now back]

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Do the Bills lead the NFL in man days lost to Covid?  Jesus.

Not even close. The Cowboys have doubled the Bills.  Most players losing days are vaccinated. They are just testing positive. Nothing you can do about it. It is basically just another injury.

Injuries and covid have had little to do with the Bills underwhelming season. Being 0-5 in close games explains everything.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Evian said:

Not even close. The Cowboys have doubled the Bills.  Most players losing days are vaccinated. They are just testing positive. Nothing you can do about it. It is basically just another injury.

Injuries and covid have had little to do with the Bills underwhelming season. Being 0-5 in close games explains everything.

Covid not so much, but injuries on our O-line have most certainly contributed to the close losses.

37 minutes ago, Evian said:

This is the NFL. Everyone has injuries. Not everyone is 0-5 in close games.  

True, but the O-line is our weakest point, both in terms of starters and depth. Give us our two average starters in place of their below-average backups and we win 2-3 of those close ones, maybe even all of them.

7 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

True, but the O-line is our weakest point, both in terms of starters and depth. Give us our two average starters in place of their below-average backups and we win 2-3 of those close ones, maybe even all of them.

They were inside the 10 yard line in all three games. The backups got them there. They just didn't finish.

The excuses are getting old. The refs. The injuries. Enough. The Pats have a rookie QB. You don't see them making excuses. 

Winners don't make excuses. Losers do.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Evian said:

They were inside the 10 yard line in all three games. The backups got them there. They just didn't finish.

The excuses are getting old. The refs. The injuries. Enough. The Pats have a rookie QB. You don't see them making excuses. 

Winners don't make excuses. Losers do.

I agree. I wasn't excusing anything, I was simply giving an explanation. But you're right that injuries are a fact of the game. The "next man up" should step up or the players around him have to compensate. Clearly, neither of those things happened when it was crunch time in the close games.

I think Beane focuses on the O-line this coming off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

is anyone actually vaccinated to get to percentage required by NFL for reduced checks?

There is no % for reduced checks.  That was an early proposal for the regular season that never was implemented

7 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

They didn't really have a fully vaccinated team?

They had 3 players suspended for faking their vax cards.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/02/nfl-suspends-antonio-brown-two-others-for-lying-about-vaccine-status.html

Speaking of which, sounds like Dodson's is in good order:

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Pretty much. I think we've easily had the most days lost. 

There are 7 teams in enhanced protocols right now due to so many guys on the list - some are shutting down facilities and discussing rescheduling games 

Rams

Browns

Falcons

Lions

Vikings

WFT

Bears

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Per latest transactions on the team website .. he is now off the list .. not the player I really wanted off the list but glad to have him back

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-activate-lb-tyrel-dodson-off-the-reserve-covid-19-list

Any port in a storm.  I think the player we all hoped to get back also starts his last name with "D" but is shaped a bit different

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.