Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Pregame thread

Chandler#81

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Sky in the UK already dismissing the chance of a Bills win because we're unable to dominate the trenches.

Is their NFL coverage half as annoying as their F1 coverage? 

I want to strangle Ted Kravitz, Crofty, and especially Karun Chandhok.

Even old Martin Brundle has been getting on my nerves!  And I was always a huge fan of his even back when he was driving a Brabham.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Even old Martin Brundle has been getting on my nerves!  And I was always a huge fan of his even back when he was driving a Brabham.

The main presenter is good but some of the pundits can very annoying. They use the NFL Podcast people and Peter King for NBC who tend to share decent analysis.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We don't need a statement game.  We just need a W

Not to quibble hap but with a win they make both a statement as well as the win. Statement being they can overcome adversity and Brady away stadium. Statement indeed

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Seriously.  I’ve stayed away from anything Bills related in the media this week, assuming it would be flooded with vomit.  I’ve been watching NFLN since 4am pst and it’s been nothing but bills hate.  I think they’ve touched on the Bills run d and 11 times, Brady owning Buffalo 3759 times and having no confidence in Josh Allen 6 times.  

Oddly this is the type of game the Bills win.  They always seem to win a game that they shouldn't and aren't expected to.  Especially when its all one sided media. Plus its a non conference game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Hey!  This is a bad feeling game. Brady reportedly saying this game is their biggest game en route to the #1 seed. He leads the league in all meaningful  qb stats,,,,not like close to the lead, he is actually #1 in most stats.    Josh unfortunately has 9-7 td ratio over his last few games in addition to the L’s.   He’s not to blame; sims pointed out the lack of creativity, lack of motion etc, and pointed out this offense is definitely worse than last year. He made a great point ; there are blue chippers Allen/ Diggs and then the rest of the offense is mediocre. He pointed out sanders can’t take the top off the d as good as Brown did ( has been true regardless of 40 times) All very valid points. Then there’s the elephant in everyone’s room, the lack of any run game to help take the pressure off Josh.  Honestly , there really is Josh throwing or running and there is nothing else. 

Daboll has failed miserably this year and Mcd’s comments after the loss about failed opportunities, is similar to his comments about Rick Dennison who was sent packing. Daboll is coaching for his Bills future but what have we seen that suggests some sudden fix with this o with a porous line and in all honesty, a support cast that is under performing ?  

Frazier also will prob be gone next year.  That might be good; three games giving up over 200 yards rushing and when you watch analysts break down the run D , it’s a repeat show of terrible technique on the d line and “ LBs on skates” !    TB has two good backs in addition to 2 amazing wrs ( evans & godwin) and throw in gronk.   Man , this has the look to me of an absolute blowout.  This Bills team is playing very spotty, but one thing that seems constant is if they get behind, they press and mistakes worsen and they just don’t come back this year.  So many bad matchups , a team with coaching and philosophical in battles , no confidence against a qb they never sack who owns them , and this looks like an easy call.  ( and I forgot to mention their best cb , white , being out which makes the over / under on his replacement being torched at maybe 1/2 quarter) 

Of course that’s why they play the games tho, anything could happen right, like that vikes game we once pulled off!  It snowed once here in Jax after I moved here from Ohio in ‘85.  That was a really neat day for me as it gave me feelings of being home, ; would love that feeling again and I think us beating the Bucs has about the same probability, about 1/ 35 times ! It’s at least cloudy today here , so that’s a great start!  Lol! 😀.  

Frazier doesn't have the players to excel on defense and we don't even really know who is setting the defensive strategy. 

Daboll gets guys open in the passing game routinely.  Im convinced McD is holding him back with this commitment to the run.  You don't take the ball out of the hands of superstar QBs. Let Allen throw. 

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

At least Verstappen won

25 minutes ago, muppy said:

Not to quibble hap but with a win they make both a statement as well as the win. Statement being they can overcome adversity and Brady away stadium. Statement indeed

You are correct...but the only game the Bills make a statement in that's meaningful is winning against the Pats in Foxboro with the division in the balance.

This Bucs game would be nice...but taking over the division is the only statement that changes the narrative.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not only that—  I hope they get him a lot of touches on offense. The only way we are running today is on jet sweeps. 

Few interesting things to watch with Active/Inactive list:

1. Who will be this weeks Punt Returner?  Isiah or Speedy 

2. What combo of Basham/Aj/Obada will be active?  I think Basham and Obada

3. Moss back to inactive?  Or is Breida still in the doghouse?  

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope this staff gets over their obsession with Moss.

Singletary is by far the more dynamic player. Not that he's been great but he makes the occasional play .

Moss just runs straight into his OL and falls over

It's so disappointing w/ Moss. I thought he was really coming on last year before he got hurt in the playoffs.

He was getting good at those quick passes out of the backfield & turning them into 1st down gains.  He just seems very limited this year.

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope this staff gets over their obsession with Moss.

Singletary is by far the more dynamic player. Not that he's been great but he makes the occasional play .

Moss just runs straight into his OL and falls over

There is no running back on this team that deserves that kind of praise we literally have not 100 yard rusher not one time this season

• Like (+1) 1