Josh Allen Complaints

george c

57 minutes ago, george c said:

Is just me who feels this way, or do others feel that Josh is complaining to the refs a little too much when he is hit?

The Monday night game was not a good look for Josh. The complaints were on every hit, and at some point, the refs may not give him a roughing call when he really deserves it.  

You know I heard similar things about Jimmy Johnson and last I checked he’s got three Lombardi trophies two at the bills expense…so Josh go complain away

• Like (+1) 2

My only complaint is that on the 4th down pass, he just lofted the throw instead of putting some zip on the ball. The pass fluttered in the wind, which allowed the DB to come back for the ball. Davis would  have been about 5 yards deep in the end zone where the off defender could not have reached it. 

Not only that, the pass was poorly underthrown. 

Oh well. On to Tampa.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He's certainly complaining too much for the refs about not getting Offside calls when he shouldn't actually be getting them. He lets the play get away from him on those plays and they always end up badly.

I don’t think they showed a great replay of the Offside that wasn’t called this week, but it sure looked like both DTs moved.  Either way, throwing a jump ball to the Tight End there was pretty useless. 

In general, I am tired of the obvious hard counts with no plan to snap the ball. 

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

My only complaint is that on the 4th down pass, he just lofted the throw instead of putting some zip on the ball. The pass fluttered in the wind, which allowed the DB to come back for the ball. Davis would  have been about 5 yards deep in the end zone where the off defender could not have reached it. 

Not only that, the pass was poorly underthrown. 

Oh well. On to Tampa.

He threw off his back foot because of the pressure, but if there’s a time to step up and take a hit, it’s on 4th down to win a game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I hadn't noticed.  He can see guys jump Offside, and twice has been hurt by the missed calls.  I don't see how these calls are missed.  When I can see it 800 miles away, live on t.v., I think the officials should see it too.  However, if he thinks he has a free play, he should try and put the ball in a catchable position.  His throw to Knox was way off.

If any player thinks he's right, he has the right to protest.  

Also Allen should stop snapping the ball on the 3rd hut every time he goes hard count.  it can't help that defensive lines around the league have figured out our snap count. 

Wow, another way to take a shot at Allen from the "wrong Josh" crowd.  Good thing there aren't that many of them left on this board.  But hey, given that Allen was by far the best Bills offensive player on the field Monday night they can't complain about his play without looking like fools. So instead we get this.

47 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wow, another way to take a shot at Allen from the "wrong Josh" crowd.  Good thing there aren't that many of them left on this board.  But hey, given that Allen was by far the best Bills offensive player on the field Monday night they can't complain about his play without looking like fools. So instead we get this.

LOL…Weird and divisive, but whatever… “Wrong Josh crowd”, what a weak, weak  accusation.

I don’t think that there is a single “Wrong Josh” person on this part of the world. There is no one we would rather have in Buffalo than Josh Allen. 
My posted question has NOTHING to do negatively with Josh Allen’s incredible play, other than wondering if he should keep some of the complaint cards in his pocket when he really needs them, instead of spending them in every game. 

We complain about Tom Brady and his constant whining when he is hit, but after his obvious success, he has earned that right by the officials obvious protection... 
Josh?, and other QB in the league for that matter….not just yet. 

Edited by george c

The problem Josh is having (like many of the Bills players and coaches) is that they're don't appear to be focused on the task at hand. I could've understood this last year during the height of Covid with all of those distractions, but it's time for these guys to worry about one thing, and one thing only....and that is what's happening on the field during the moment of the play.  Way too much chippy play, way too much chirping at the refs, way too much clowning around prior to the game!  This can be fixed but it needs to be fixed NOW.

2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I hadn't noticed.  He can see guys jump Offside, and twice has been hurt by the missed calls.  I don't see how these calls are missed.  When I can see it 800 miles away, live on t.v., I think the officials should see it too.  However, if he thinks he has a free play, he should try and put the ball in a catchable position.  His throw to Knox was way off.

If any player thinks he's right, he has the right to protest.  

Here's the thing... if you don't see the flag fly, why are you assuming it's called?  

31 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No but Josh should make sure he sees a yellow flag fly before he thinks he has a free play. He has burned some 3rd downs this way 

Yes!  And even if you do - operate in that play structure.  Don't point at the line and jockey for a call - just run the play you called.  If you want to throw up a back shoulder play and try and get an interference call sure, but if theres a 1st down to be had that you miss because you wanted an Offside - you're missing the point of the term "free play".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.