Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

They can just run Fournette every play and they’ll win 

This is worse because they have a QB and WR's. Fournette  with 125 yards rushing and a TD. Brady 350 yards passing with 3 TD's on a Tre-less secondary. Allen and the O need to do the heavy lifting in this one for any chance of a win. I think TB will score in 30's for sure.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I expect a beat down… wheels are about to come off. 

And that is entirely possible.

But historically speaking, when it all turns to doom and gloom and almost all hope is lost, they usually win unexpectedly and pull you right back in.

And so the pain of being a Bills fan rejuvenates itself.

In this way, I would not be surprised, at all, if we beat Tampa!  Seriously.

No one is expecting it....that's why we'll do it.

And then you won't know what to think and you'll wonder even harder how we lost to Jacksonville.

Bills Football.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On one hand I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills come out strong and hang with the Bucs, but on the other I feel last night was the true death knell for this team and that they are going to quit on McDermott especially if they fall behind a few scores early.

Either way it's going to be somewhat ironic that after a loss to Belichik and the Patriots that our old friend Brady delivers the knock out blow and puts the nail in the 2021 Bills season coffin.

6 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Seems like a very poor time to dump salt on an open wound.  Why talk about the obvious right after a very painful loss like that?  You really think people care about the Bucs game right now.?   Lol.   Hey we held the Pats to 17 yards passing so obviously Brady should be shaking and very anxious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..to start the game and destroy the Bills!  Game  will be a joke!  

I started it because I wanted to hear thoughts about the Bucs game. Dwelling on this anomaly of a Pats game is beating a dead horse.

With that being said, the Bills should have been the one to kill the horse and pulled out a W last night. A lot of things the Bills could have done better, but the next Bills/Pats game will be very different (not saying they will win or lose, but the game will be very different) 

10 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Looks like are 3 point dogs.  I think we match up with them ok.  I expect us to come out hungry and play fired up.

I was shocked when I looked that up...visiting the world champs on a short week?  I was also shocked we opened up as a 3 pt favorite to the Pats and it did move down to 2.5.  I expect the Bucs line to possibly move up.

I dont put any credibility on the we come out hungry and fired up.  We had our "wake up " call versus JAX already, and then Indie.  The tone of players was almost one of resignation imo, the Micah Hyde-Poyer interview was total frustration boiling over.  If we get blown out by the Bucs I wont be shocked, not in the least.

This is not an overreaction to how we pie played lately.

Bills lose by at least 21.

No run game.  Offensive line isn’t helping Josh.  No Tre.  Can’t stop the run even when we know they are going to run and run and run and…

It’s a combination of the above and coaching.  Fraizer needs to put his players in better positions, especially stopping the run.  Daboll needs to be able to pivot and change the game plan based on what the defense is giving them. 

Our defense can’t stop the tun and the pass, they can seem to only do one during the game.  I hate to say it, but brady will feast on our d-backs without Tre.  I feel they will come out and pass, pass, pass.  Once they score a few times, they will run all over the lack of a middle defense.  Instead of dictating on defense, we will again just be reacting slowly to what the offense is doing.

Not sure what the fix is other than a space eater in the middle and a ton of O-line help.  

Edited by davefan66

8 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

This is not an overreaction to how we pie played lately.

Bills lose by at least 21.

No run game.  Offensive line isn’t helping Josh.  No Tre.  Can’t stop the run even when we know they are going to run and run and run and…

It’s a combination of the above and coaching.  Fraizer needs to put his players in better positions, especially stopping the run.  Daboll needs to be able to pivot and change the game plan based on what the defense is giving them. 

Our defense can’t stop the tun and the pass, they can seem to only do one during the game.  I hate to say it, but brady will feast on our d-backs without Tre.  I feel they will come out and pass, pass, pass.  Once they score a few times, they will run all over the lack of a middle defense.  Instead of dictating on defense, we will again just be reacting slowly to what the offense is doing.

Not sure what the fix is other than a space eater in the middle and a ton of O-line help.  

PFF has this cowboy as their 27th overall prospect for the draft.  We could maybe get a guy like this.

27. DI JORDAN DAVIS, GEORGIA

The single most physically imposing defender in college football. At 6-foot-7, 360 pounds, he’s an immovable block along the defensive line. That may be all you get, though, as he’s managed all of eight pressures this season.

OK, only 8 pressures all year.  That's fine.

Let him consume at least 2 OLmen and make a wall over the "A" gaps that can't be moved.

That's all he needs to do to be very effective at the NFL level.

We do not match up well with the bucs

Offensively or defensively

Bucs strength defensive line bills weakness offensive line

Bucs strength passing - bills have lacked a pass rush and now are missing tre white

One area the bills should have an advantage is skill positions on offense. The bucs secondary has struggled so if the line holds up allen may be able to keep it close

If the bills win, it will be a shoot out type game 

I'm hoping this game forces the bills coaching staff to game plan around the 1 guy every game plan should revolve around. Josh Allen and how they can get him the ball in his hands as much as possible 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 1

Gonna leave this here.  Tompa Bay was 7-5 last year.  Got demolished by the Saints.  They went on to do what they did.   Outside of the poor game in Jacksonville and the Indy game, they havent been totally out played.  Last season Buffalo had an incredible record in 1 score games.  This year it flipped the other way.  They left little to no margin for error.  If they win out or drop one more than win out,  they will be a team no one will want to play come playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

They are going to kick our asses .... badly.  Child's play for them.

I actually think the Bills present a decent matchup and in theory think they could win given the Bucs' secondary issues, but here's the issue: the Bucs are 5-0 at home and here are the scores in their last four home games (they opened with a tight win over Dallas):

48-25

45-17

38-3

30-10

They are absolutely blowing teams out at home this season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.