Dawson Knox tonight

Ethan in Cleveland

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

He was absolutely a problem. He was a difference maker and dropped 3 passes one of which was a TD for not coming back to the ball and playing aggressively. He sucked…

You are talking about the play were he was held in the end zone?  On the radio they said he was held three times.  

Knox might have been rushed back from his hand injury too soon, which is on whoever decided to keep Sweeney over Hollister. If we had a capable backup TE Knox could of rested his hand intell it is fully healed. It's been the size of a bowling ball after every game sense he has came back, I'd take that as not fully healed. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are. The first "drop" could have been a one handed grab but the pass could have been better. He was completely stretched out and just barely got a hand on it.

The other plays were pass break ups by the defender. He also made some great grabs and one really nice run after catch. 

Yea I’d only label a few of them drops but he’s gotta make 1 more play out of the 5 or 6 opportunities he had

2 hours ago, gordong said:

Knox was not why this team lost…. Not even close….all the girls that play defense are why the Jill’s lost

You gotta be kidding.   D is only allowed +6, +2 and two FGs WITH the wind.   The D is not why they lost. The D is only thing that kept them in game and gave them a shot to win it at end.  The offense couldn't score and wind blew a sure chip shot wide-right or Bills are trying for a winning FG.

14 points.   (really only 1 TD). What were expecting a shutout?

They were outclassed, outcoached when it came to strategy. McD should have elected to not get ball to start 3rd.  Yup, double defer!  Take wind in 4th.  That missed FG would have been with the wind and a winning/go ahead kick attempt with the wind at end.

Sure D couldn't stop one long run... That's only 8 points. They did everything to carry the team in a very physics contest. Grinding out every play, stuffing NE* in backfield and only allowing 14 points.

You should win giving up 14 points on 1 TD and 2 FGs!

Because the coaching staff can't simply follow one rule: "Take the wind in 4th when you have the option during games like this" ...They can't think outside the box. 

The coin toss was the curse.  They could  have deferred the second half kickoff.  In bad weather,  that's like having last ups in baseball!

Hoodie pushed end game. Bills coaching staff misplayed their choices.

26 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You gotta be kidding.   D is only allowed +6, +2 and two FGs WITH the wind.   The D is not why they lost. The D is only thing that kept them in game and gave them a shot to win it at end.  The offense couldn't score and wind blew a sure chip shot wide-right or Bills are trying for a winning FG.

14 points.   (really only 1 TD). What were expecting a shutout?

They were outclassed, outcoached when it came to strategy. McD should have elected to not get ball to start 3rd.  Yup, double defer!  Take wind in 4th.  That missed FG would have been with the wind and a winning/go ahead kick attempt with the wind at end.

Sure D couldn't stop one long run... That's only 8 points. They did everything to carry the team in a very physics contest. Grinding out every play, stuffing NE* in backfield and only allowing 14 points.

You should win giving up 14 points on 1 TD and 2 FGs!

Because the coaching staff can't simply follow one rule: "Take the wind in 4th when you have the option during games like this" ...They can't think outside the box. 

The coin toss was the curse.  They could  have deferred the second half kickoff.  In bad weather,  that's like having last ups in baseball!

Hoodie pushed end game. Bills coaching staff misplayed their choices.

I was expecting them not to get their ass run over for 222 yards, and beaten by a team that threw the damn ball three times.  This loss is 100% on the soft ass girls playing defense.  

Just now, gordong said:

I was expecting them not to get their ass run over for 222 yards, and beaten by a team that threw the damn ball three times.  This loss is 100% on the soft ass girls playing defense.  

They only put up 240 total. LoL... It's not getting run over when that 222 is basically all their plays! LoL....  It's getting run over if they also would have passed for a buck 50 or more. They only had 3 passes for 20 yards.

One long TD and 2 FGs... Bills pretty much stuffed them.

Bills bills put up 11 yards less total.  Did they pass all over them? Bills had a more balanced attack and hung 100 yards rushing on them.

7 minutes ago, gordong said:

Pats crossed midfield three times…we had excellent field position all night and did absolutely nothing with it…we make one more play on offense and the pats essentially are running out the clock on themselves all game…bill put a ton of faith in his defense and will come out of it looking brilliant but he was probably sweating at times there lol I think they misjudged how effectively josh would manage those drives into the wind 

• Like (+1) 2

Meanwhile Ertz is playing very well with his new team and likely would’ve caught one or both of those passes Knox dropped tonight. He’s also savvy enough to draw a flag in the endzone when a defender is draped all over him. Knox has to sell it better, he was more focused on the pass than drawing a penalty, but the penalty is what he should’ve been after given the DBs aggressiveness.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The play in the end zone the fans want PI but when I rewatched it it looked clean if anything Knox pushed off to get open a bit. Don’t know what the fans saw there.

Also can someone explain to me the logic of not going for 2 to tie the game at 8? I thought for sure they would. 

Coach is sackless and didn’t understand the severity of the weather or the limitations of his players. 

2 hours ago, gordong said:

I don’t give a damn if they gave up 500 yards on the ground. The number that matters most is 14 points.

This game was on the offenses lack of putting up points. SEVEN times in Pats territory and 10 points to show. FOUR  TIMES in the red zone. That is disgusting. Anyone that puts this game on the defense clearly doesn’t understand the game of football.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Knox was a one man wrecking crew , at least 4 drops a key false start it just wasn't his night.

If the Bills had another viable option I am sure he would have been pulled.

Do the Bills really need a rotation of players being the goat? (costing us games)

Oh well on to Tampa and that other Goat ;)

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are. The first "drop" could have been a one handed grab but the pass could have been better. He was completely stretched out and just barely got a hand on it.

The other plays were pass break ups by the defender. He also made some great grabs and one really nice run after catch. 

He was getting mugged all game but the refs didn't care.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.