Dawson Knox tonight

Ethan in Cleveland

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Disagree with those takes, especially on the first pass.

I'll have to watch it again, and I know the pass wasn't perfect, but he should have caught that ball IMO.

We also needed him to grab that catch in the end zone.  Go get the ball and physically dominate space around the ball at the point of contact.  He didn't do anything close to that.

I really like Knox and he has really blossomed this year, but he had a garbage night.

Edit:  almost forgot his pre-snap penalty for false start.

The play in the end zone the fans want PI but when I rewatched it it looked clean if anything Knox pushed off to get open a bit. Don’t know what the fans saw there.

Also can someone explain to me the logic of not going for 2 to tie the game at 8? I thought for sure they would. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are. The first "drop" could have been a one handed grab but the pass could have been better. He was completely stretched out and just barely got a hand on it.

The other plays were pass break ups by the defender. He also made some great grabs and one really nice run after catch. 

Are you seriously sticking up for Knox? Like what does Allen have to do throw it underhand to him

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are. The first "drop" could have been a one handed grab but the pass could have been better. He was completely stretched out and just barely got a hand on it.

The other plays were pass break ups by the defender. He also made some great grabs and one really nice run after catch. 

Stop....the first drop was a perfect pass right through both his hands. The deeper ball was in his gut and he dropped that before the DB got a hand in there. The false start was the cherry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Hands were the wrong way to catch the first one (should have caught it).

Defense did get hands on the other two, but not enough to prevent someone (him) from not being denied catching it.... needs to get his hands out/away further when he feels that.

Needs a more killer, will-not-be-denied-the-ball attitude. He doesn't have it.

Then, the stupid penalty. Which was REALLY stupid.

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

Hands were the wrong way to catch the first one (should have caught it).

Defense did get hands on the other two, but not enough to prevent someone (him) from not being denied catching it.... needs to get his hands out/away further when he feels that.

Needs a more killer, will-not-be-denied-the-ball attitude. He doesn't have it.

Then, the stupid penalty. Which was REALLY stupid.

Fair enough

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Is this his agent? Cuz he sucked A$$

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Knox is playing like a guy who broke his hand a few weeks ago. Maybe its hurts still, maybe the coordination isnt there, maybe he is gun shy about breaking it again?

Did you see it during his post game interview on thanksgiving?  It’s still swollen like a mofo.  It’s definitely effecting him but he missed a few big plays tonight for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Dawson?

Sorry man, but I Def didn't see it that way

Early in the game on a 3rd and like 14, Josh threw a laser right into his numbers

The 1st drop on the 1st  drive, hit him in stride, both hands. Not to mention a costly redzone penalty. He did make a couple decent short grabs, but the misses outweighed it.

I thought the false start penalty was pretty ticky-tack.

Yeah, that 3rd and 14 right on the numbers that he couldn't haul in was killer.

He had more than a couple "decent short grabs", he made a couple clutch catches.  But he got beat pretty bad as a blocker to blow up a couple run plays and a screen, and he dropped a couple catches he should have had.

But I thought everybody's effort was not what it could have been.

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He had a rough night.  The expectations are high on him.  He was not the problem tonight.

He was absolutely a problem. He was a difference maker and dropped 3 passes one of which was a TD for not coming back to the ball and playing aggressively. He sucked…

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Dawson?

Sorry man, but I Def didn't see it that way

Early in the game on a 3rd and like 14, Josh threw a laser right into his numbers

The 1st drop on the 1st  drive, hit him in stride, both hands. Not to mention a costly redzone penalty. He did make a couple decent short grabs, but the misses outweighed it.

With Knox, factor in drops and hope that his completions, outweigh them. He's seems to be improving this year. The false start can't happen in that spot. The team played hard and if Bass makes that kick, the game might have been different. Very tough loss and now there is no room for error. Tampa is on a roll and NE will be tough at home. We probably will need to win one of those two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.