Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t need “top tips”.   I’ll criticize Trump when he’s being an infantile child, causing states like Georgia to go blue and I’ll defend him when people lie about him.  

Trump on Ukraine/Russia likely isn’t the hill you want to die on with criticism considering 62% - according to The Hill’s polling - believe this never would have happened if Trump was President. 

62% of the people can believe whatever the6 want, that doesn’t make it true. If Putin went after Ukraine in his second term you think he suddenly would have taken a 180 on Putin after he invaded Ukraine..oops I mean fully invaded because you don’t think the first invasion was an invasion 

——

That the Ukraine Air Force is still flying makes me strongly suspect the US conducting electronic counter measures to make the Soviet radar blind. 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

India won’t stop importing fertilizer from Russia either. 

Stop blaming this war on anything but one thing. Putin. 

One good outcome from this is that maybe Germany in particular gets back to a long term reliance on nuclear. Maybe we will too. 

The war IS on Putin

But the Democrats do everything wrong from making sure it doesn't get to that point.  

Now we agree on energy.  

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

62% of the people can believe whatever the6 want, that doesn’t make it true. If Putin went after Ukraine in his second term you think he suddenly would have taken a 180 on Putin after he invaded Ukraine..oops I mean fully invaded because you don’t think the first invasion was an invasion 

Im not convinced Putin would have done this with Trump. 

-We likely wouldn’t have had the dumpster fire Afghanistan exit.  

-We’d have much more energy flexibility.  

-Nothing like this happened under 4 years of Trump.  

-I doubt Trump feebly shares Russian intelligence with China. 

Regarding your last comment of the invasion… Biden himself referenced “minor incursion” also.   The people of Donetsk and Luhansk identify with Russia over Ukraine and Biden seemed prepared to allow a Crimea-like annexation… which makes sense since that happened when he was VP. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Regarding your last comment of the invasion… Biden himself referenced “minor incursion” also.   The people of Donetsk and Luhansk identify with Russia over Ukraine and Biden seemed prepared to allow a Crimea-like annexation… which makes sense since that happened when he was VP. 

Stop using logic this is America in 2022, there is no place for that here.  

Silicon Valley/CCP approved thought only.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Same goes for 52% of the people...

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Trump probably also would have definitely declared that Ukraine wouldn't be a part of NATO.

Zelenskyy warned of last night being “the night”… which given how they are using Western Media was brilliant.   He likely knew that Russia was not in a position to take Kyiv, but in declaring so, ensured his ability to declare victory in holding the city today.  

Here we go again..  Let’s see what happens tonight.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

WaPo!  Omg

Poll: 33% of Americans Approve of Biden’s Handling of Russia-Ukraine Conflict

A mere 33 percent of Americans “approve” of how Joe Biden has handled the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, a Washington Post-ABC News poll shows.

While 33 percent of respondents “approve” of Biden’s handling of the situation, 47 percent “disapprove,” and another 20 percent have “no opinion.” The poll asked respondents if they think America’s leadership on the world stage is “weaker” or “stronger” under Biden. Just 23 percent of those surveyed said they believe America is a “stronger” global leader with Biden at the helm, while 48 percent believe the U.S. is “weaker”; another 26 percent said the “same” and 2 percent had “no opinion.”

The poll was conducted between February 20-24 and surveyed 1,011 adults..

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/25/poll-33-approve-of-bidens-russia-ukraine/

And adults!  Wow.  

What a mess.  

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Is the Trump you are referring to the same one who withheld $400 Billion in aide to Ukraine to fight this exact aggression from Russia in  blackmail operation to get the current Ukraine President fighting Putin…to get some kind of false statement to help him in an election….which he ultimately got impeached for….that Trump?

Pretty sure that action and his recent statements tell us all we need to know about your orange hero 

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That the Ukraine Air Force is still flying makes me strongly suspect the US conducting electronic counter measures to make the Soviet radar blind. 

Idiotic.

Sorry for the lack of tact, but you continue to post stuff that is absolutely crazy.

7 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Assuming Russia eventually “controls” Kyiv, good luck maintaining control of Ukraine with every country in the world pumping resources to the resistance. 

This is the end of Putin but it might not be pretty. 

They never had any chance of taking-over Ukraine.  Maybe installing a puppet government, but that dream is also over.

And talk is of the oligarchs taking Putin out themselves after this debacle.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

WaPo!  Omg

A mere 33 percent of Americans “approve” of how Joe Biden has handled the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, a Washington Post-ABC News poll shows.

While 33 percent of respondents “approve” of Biden’s handling of the situation, 47 percent “disapprove,” and another 20 percent have “no opinion.” The poll asked respondents if they think America’s leadership on the world stage is “weaker” or “stronger” under Biden. Just 23 percent of those surveyed said they believe America is a “stronger” global leader with Biden at the helm, while 48 percent believe the U.S. is “weaker”; another 26 percent said the “same” and 2 percent had “no opinion.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/25/poll-33-approve-of-bidens-russia-ukraine/

And adults!  Wow.  

What a mess.  

I think he’s doing everything he can, as a Green Energy President, now.   He’s pretty limited in scope given constraints he’s placed on himself and in dealing with Euro countries.  

My issue with Biden is that the effort to stop this was squandered over his first year in office.    

Now, we’re here, and he’s got to play the cards he’s given.  However, many of the bad cards he’s been dealt… he’s dealt to himself.  

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

WaPo!  Omg

And adults!  Wow.  

What a mess.  

Biden could have driven his corvette to the airport…got in a fighter plane and personally fought back the Russians and people like you would “disapprove” of him in a poll….which shows you how relevant polls are….

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Is the Trump you are referring to the same one who withheld $400 Billion in aide to Ukraine to fight this exact aggression from Russia in  blackmail operation to get the current Ukraine President fighting Putin…to get some kind of false statement to help him in an election….which he ultimately got impeached for….that Trump?

Pretty sure that action and his recent statements tell us all we need to know about your orange hero 

What was wrong with asking a new "non-corrupt" government to investigate corrupt Biden and his idiot boy son, who worked for a corrupt business and who Biden threatened to withhold money until they fired a prosecutor looking into their corruption?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I think he’s doing everything he can, as a Green Energy President, now.   He’s pretty limited in scope given constraints he’s placed on himself and in dealing with Euro countries.  

My issue with Biden is that the effort to stop this was squandered over his first year in office.    

Now, we’re here, and he’s got to play the cards he’s given.  However, many of the bad cards he’s been dealt… he’s dealt to himself.  

And he's hiding 2's up his sleeve.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

What was wrong with BLACKMAILING  a new "non-corrupt" government to investigate corrupt Biden and his idiot boy son, who worked for a corrupt business and who Biden threatened to withhold money until they fired a prosecutor looking into their 

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:
6 minutes ago, Doc said:

What was wrong with BLACKMAILING  a new "non-corrupt" government to investigate corrupt Biden and his idiot boy son, who worked for a corrupt business and who Biden threatened to withhold money until they fired a prosecutor looking into their 

One man's blackmail...

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Trump talked about recognizing the regions of Donetsk and Luhansk and sending in “peacekeepers” to those areas.  

He said nothing of the full scale invasion we see now.  

Donetsk and Luhansk are primarily Russian speaking/Russian identifying people.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b5a7e79ee2ec37298fbdb439493d5c36.jpeg

cc: @Big Blitz

• Haha (+1) 2

Hmmm...

According to Russia’s Defense Ministry, U.S. combat and reconnaissance drones aided 16 Ukrainian navy boats in their Friday “attack” against the country’s Black Sea Fleet, the state-run news agency TASS reported.

“I would like to focus your attention that during the attack of Ukrainian boats, US strategic unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), Global Hawk and MQ-9A Reaper, were hovering over the area of provocation," TASS quoted Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov as saying.

US denies, says it’s a lie. 

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Awe it’s our little KBG keyboard warrior aka wannabe @Frat Train spewing his Deranged right wing garbage.

Trump wanted to weaken NATO and did.

Trump wanted to divide us domestically and abroad and he did.

Trump reduced troops in Europe.

Trump met privately with Putin and destroyed his notes.

Trump delayed funding to Ukraine to see if he could get away with it and ask for favors.

All roads lead to Putin and it’s disingenuous and hackish not to admit it…

But of course we all know you’re here for JUSTICE.

Look it's my favorite little wimp millennial, Billy!  Listen junior, you're out of your league, you might as well turn on the XBOX and shoot something. Pew pew pew....ha ha ha!

Didn't like Carter, Clinton, Obama, or Trump.  Guess what they all have in common pee wee?

NONE of them are president NOW.  This is poopy pants Joe's show.  I hope you're still posting here 4 years from now talking about Trump.

I'll tell my ROTC son that I'm in the KGB, ha ha ha.

Prove it Igor.  Let's see the photos. 

And "hovering" but doing nothing is not "aiding."  Starting to look more and more like Putin wants WWIII.  The oligarchs better take him out quick before they end up dead as well.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Hmmm...

According to Russia’s Defense Ministry, U.S. combat and reconnaissance drones aided 16 Ukrainian navy boats in their Friday “attack” against the country’s Black Sea Fleet, the state-run news agency TASS reported.

“I would like to focus your attention that during the attack of Ukrainian boats, US strategic unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), Global Hawk and MQ-9A Reaper, were hovering over the area of provocation," TASS quoted Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov as saying.

US denies, says it’s a lie. 

Right, we were watching the battle, and probably feeding the Ukrainians intelligence.  Russia should feel free to disagree with the action if they want, and we've got a circular file ready for the their complaints.

Why are we playing polling games?  There's been 1 poll out that was conducted entirely since the invasion started,  by Morning Consult. Biden's scoring a mediocre-yet-positive 48-43 approval on handling the situation.   But to paraphrase Walter from The Big Lebowski, Joe Biden and Donald Trump are not the issues here.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Precision said:

Look it's my favorite little wimp millennial, Billy!  Listen junior, you're out of your league, you might as well turn on the XBOX and shoot something. Pew pew pew....ha ha ha!

Didn't like Carter, Clinton, Obama, or Trump.  Guess what they all have in common pee wee?

NONE of them are president NOW.  This is poopy pants Joe's show.  I hope you're still posting here 4 years from now talking about Trump.

I'll tell my ROTC son that I'm in the KGB, ha ha ha.

Shouldn’t you be outside looking for unidentified flying objects?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Right, we were watching the battle, and probably feeding the Ukrainians intelligence.  Russia should feel free to disagree with the action if they want, and we've got a circular file ready for the their complaints.

They should wait around I'm sure we've got some proof we were just observing somewhere, oh wait here it is.

found-it-here-it-is.gif

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

But to paraphrase Walter from The Big Lebowski, Joe Biden and Donald Trump are not the issues here.

That kind of talk doesn’t play well here. Suit up in Blue or Red and see everything through that lens or maybe find another excellent politics board. 

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

That kind of talk doesn’t play well here. Suit up in Blue or Red and see everything through that lens or maybe find another excellent politics board. 

Putins been able to become a dictator over the last few decades, long list of people that dropped the ball on not letting Russia slip right back where they were.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Putins been able to become a dictator over the last few decades, long list of people that dropped the ball on not letting Russia slip right back where they were.

Nobody dropped the ball.

Russians chose their leader, his vector and are going to live with the results.

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Long list of people, the top several million being Russians. 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Evil tech business pitching in. Nice to see it Elon! 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

——

No way it’s happening without Putin calling it out

I’ve been out all day and getting caught up. This is as entertaining as a game day thread. A bunch of guys who know knowing about war talking about how to win a war is even better than a bunch of guys who know little about football talking about how to win at football. 

Bravo gentlemen.  Very entertaining indeed. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve been out all day and getting caught up. This is as entertaining as a game day thread. A bunch of guys who know knowing about war talking about how to win a war is even better than a bunch of guys who know little about football talking about how to win at football. 

Bravo gentlemen.  Very entertaining indeed. 

Maybe they will understand that we have more in common than we don't and that if we put it together we can be better than we are now.  Ukraine now understands that.