Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius,’ ” Trump continued. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force … We could use that on our southern border.”

Donald J Trump 

Hes on Putin side, as if we already didn’t know that 

Who cares? Lots of people do, What could Biden do different? 

So we should be telling Putin that if he takes one step over the boarder we will annihilate his army. We can do that. Do you think the threat of real force would deter him? Or not doing that, we get an opportunity to destroy it like we destroyed Saddams in early 90’s? 

I was just going to ask what would Trump do in the Ukraine situation , now we know.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

I was just going to ask what would Trump do in the Ukraine situation , now we know.

There’s more 

“Here’s a guy that says, you know, ‘I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent’ — he used the word ‘independent’ — ‘and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace,’ ” Trump said. “You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But drawing a line? So you actually are willing to risk WW3 but not over Ukraine, but some other country? 

Of course.

If we, (not me by the way), weren't willing to sign the NATO agreement we shouldn't have.

We did as did about 30 other countries.

You do  not strike me as a guy who has any knowledge of this stuff, but for the class, let me post Article 5:

" The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area."

My view is that we abide by that agreement.

My view is that we not send our troops into a death sentence.

The Ukraine has separatists who want to be Russian.

Those separatists should have been allowed to be part of their motherland without tying the rest of the world up in the dispute.

This should have been worked out years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Of course.

If we, (not me by the way), weren't willing to sign the NATO agreement we shouldn't have.

We did as did about 30 other countries.

You do  not strike me as a guy who has any knowledge of this stuff, but for the class, let me post Article 5:

" The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area."

My view is that we abide by that agreement.

My view is that we not send our troops into a death sentence.

The Ukraine has separatists who want to be Russian.

Those separatists should have been allowed to be part of their motherland without tying the rest of the world up in the dispute.

This should have been worked out years ago.

Oh, so its a contractual issue with you. You are willing to risk WW3 because of an agreement. Fine 

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump's not President anymore.  Joey is.  It's his debacle now.

Oh, but it’s still nice to know he’s gone. If Trump won election Putin would digest Ukraine with no push back at all and the Baltic States would be next. 

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm willing to abide by signed treaties.

Yep.

Otherwise, what's the point of them?

Fine, I didn’t say anything. 

I personally wouldn't let a free nation go down to a murderous dictatorship simply because they didn’t sign a contract. 

I guess the first Gulf War was wrong? 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fine, I didn’t say anything. 

I personally wouldn't let a free nation go down to a murderous dictatorship simply because they didn’t sign a contract. 

I guess the first Gulf War was wrong? 

Of course the first Gulf War wasn't wrong.

Why don't you, in you ignorant, sanctimonious, "personally," (to use your term), pick the 100,000 or so who would be killed.

Not even Biden is stupid enough for that.

By the way.

Refresh my memory so that I can understand your false equivalence.

Was there a large number of Kuwaiti separatists who wanted to be part of Iraq?

'Cause I don't remember that.

Maybe like you don't remember the attempt to avoid war between 1991 and 2003.

Edited by sherpa

Watching Fox, it’s all Biden’s fault. Putin is not portrayed in a bad way at all. 

41 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Of course the first Gulf War wasn't wrong.

Why don't you, in you ignorant, sanctimonious, "personally," (to use your term), pick the 100,000 or so who would be killed.

Not even Biden is stupid enough for that.

By the way.

Refresh my memory so that I can understand your false equivalence.

Was there a large number of Kuwaiti separatists who wanted to be part of Iraq?

'Cause I don't remember that.

Maybe like you don't remember the attempt to avoid war between 1991 and 2003.

Why so pissed, lol? Just asking. I forgot that was a Republican led war. So it’s all good 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Who cares? Lots of people do, What could Biden do different? 

i didnt ask how many people care, cause i bet more americans and other countries dont care about ukraine than those that do. i asked WHO cares- but we know this, its biden bc him and his crack head son have business dealings with the Ukrainians they dont want out.

What could biden have done different? Oh boy where to start.

One, not make america weaker on the home front with rising inflation, shortages, and a bad stock market. A weak america with weak leadership is begging for this crap to happen.

Two, actually talk to putin instead of guessing and assuming his intentions for this past couple weeks.

Three, establish negotiations b/w the Ukrainians and Russians on territory before putin amasses 150k troops on the border.

Instead more sanctions are coming which only makes relations worse. The whole situation with Russia has been handled piss-poorly and the Biden administration, like Obama, doesnt know how to deal with. because they are full of idiots.

Also wanted to add, that Biden has no idea what to communicate during this time regarding US troops there.

He said no military personnel would be there, but there are reports of US troops and personnel there.

And now blinklen, that moron, is saying that they will match the force of Russia.

So what the ***** are they doing?

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, but it’s still nice to know he’s gone. If Trump won election Putin would digest Ukraine with no push back at all and the Baltic States would be next. 

Oh yes, it's so nice now.  Joey's doing a great job.  So great, his approval ratings are below Trump's and sure to sink even lower.  Because all Joey's going to do is levy toothless and meaningless sanctions.

But just to get you on record, you're for all-out war?

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i didnt ask how many people care, cause i bet more americans and other countries dont care about ukraine than those that do. i asked WHO cares- but we know this, its biden bc him and his crack head son have business dealings with the Ukrainians they dont want out.

What could biden have done different? Oh boy where to start.

One, not make america weaker on the home front with rising inflation, shortages, and a bad stock market. A weak america with weak leadership is begging for this crap to happen.

Two, actually talk to putin instead of guessing and assuming his intentions for this past couple weeks.

Three, establish negotiations b/w the Ukrainians and Russians on territory before putin amasses 150k troops on the border.

Instead more sanctions are coming which only makes relations worse. The whole situation with Russia has been handled piss-poorly and the Biden administration, like Obama, doesnt know how to deal with. because they are full of idiots.

Also wanted to add, that Biden has no idea what to communicate during this time regarding US troops there.

He said no military personnel would be there, but there are reports of US troops and personnel there.

And now blinklen, that moron, is saying that they will match the force of Russia.

So what the ***** are they doing?

What could sleepy have done differently?  Maybe Biden could have said something like "We are evaluating our military options." or "No response is off the table." or "We plan on responding appropriately to the actions the Russians take." 

Instead, we get:

WASHINGTON, Dec 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday putting American troops on the ground in Ukraine to deter a potential Russian invasion was "not on the table" and he hoped to announce a meeting with Russia and other NATO countries by Friday.

But we have some really scary sanctions coming, oh no!

What kind of fool shows their hand ahead of time?  He might as well have written Putin a letter telling him exactly what we will do every step of the way. 

If an idiot goes to a car dealer and says their willing to pay MSRP, they're going to get the car for......MSRP.  

What would I have done?  I would have moved 50K troops, an Armored Division and a couple of squadrons of F-35's and F-22's to southeast Poland for "exercises".  Then I would have told Putin "Whether you like it or don't like it, bear with it, my beauty".

1 minute ago, Precision said:

What would I have done?  I would have moved 50K troops, an Armored Division and a couple of squadrons of F-35's and F-22's to southeast Poland for "exercises".  Then I would have told Putin "Whether you like it or don't like it, bear with it, my beauty".

this would be a solid move